Fursuits?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Qwop

Fursuits?

Postby Qwop » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:14 pm

This may sound crazy, but has anyone ever tried sinking in a fursuit or something similar? I've heard about some videos of people doin this, but cant find any of them, and the ones that are there don't really have much sinking.
Just curious, since I think this is an intersting thought.

bogbud

Re: Fursuits?

Postby bogbud » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:11 am

That does sound extremely dumb and dangerous!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Lintime Sinker

Postby Lintime Sinker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Why dangerous ?

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:23 pm

The "dumb" part is being harsh. Furries are here.

To answer the original question: Yes. At least once. Ages ago there was a YouTube video of a guy in a fox suit in a natural bog of some kind. What happened to that, I've got no clue. I actually watched this since I had never seen anything like it. But it doesn't search up today.

To answer the danger aspect:

As an actual sinker, my assessment is that the fursuit would cause difficulties. I have sunk in layers of clothing that picked up considerable weight. The fur part would suck up the guck even more. Obviously less clothing is easier than more clothing, and this is not just getting out of the mudpit. It can be a backbreaker hauling it out. Been there, done it, just, not with fur. 'Tis true, I am female, and I don't naturally like heavy stuff, but one sinking companion I had, a young strapping lad, overdressed quite a bit for the occasion. He was a good sport about the haul-out but he was astonished at the weight gain of what he wore.

You can counteract a lot of this, though, if you have a choice as to what to sink in. Clay just loads up everything and sticks to it all. A runny peat bog would make this more water than dirt, much easier to wring out, but it will still pick up weight.

Before attempting this, one should:

Already be an experienced sinker, go with a buddy if possible, and, most important, make dog-gone, cat-sure, and fox-wise that you can get out of your fursuit in a hurry, especially if it obstructs the face. It's bad enough that you may have to get out of the fursuit to get out of the mud at all, and, depending on what sort of guck is at your location, it's possible you may have to leave it there!

It has already been discovered by people on this forum that submerging with even thin fabric totally covering your head means that when you pop up, you can't breathe. Therefore, if you can't get everything off your head within seconds, and I really mean that, this would indeed be dangerous.

Nessie

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Let me second what Nessie said about anything obstructing the mouth and nose. We attempted shooting a scene using a very think full body suit that covered the entire head and face. The scene was aborted a few seconds after the actress did her first of what was supposed to be several submersions because the clay immediately sealed the pores in the fabric. We were prepared for that possibility but anyone unprepared could find themselves in some real trouble.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Okay, okay, sorry for the "dumb" comment. Nessie and Fred did it better with their explanations. I think that such a kind of suit would become so heavy with mud literally clinging everywhere that it effectively glues you to the ground.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:42 pm

bogbud wrote:Okay, okay, sorry for the "dumb" comment. Nessie and Fred did it better with their explanations. I think that such a kind of suit would become so heavy with mud literally clinging everywhere that it effectively glues you to the ground.

No problem...I have a totally dumb quicksand thing for big dresses with poofy underskirts and lots of lace and ruffles, which it seems that very few of the guys here share. But fortunately my actual behavior in a mudpit is dictated by my intellect. Sometimes you got to wear what works and imagine the rest.

Nessie

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Even "fur" made out of synthetic materials (polyester, I think)) catches and holds lots of mud. Quit a few years ago we did some scenes using "fur" cave girl outfits (bikinis basically, but home made). Just about every time they were a good deal too heavy to stay on as the actresses exited the pit after the scene. Fortunately they did not mind and neither did the crew. Also, fortunately for anyone attempting to use such material it does clean up for re-use quite easily.

bogbud wrote:Okay, okay, sorry for the "dumb" comment. Nessie and Fred did it better with their explanations. I think that such a kind of suit would become so heavy with mud literally clinging everywhere that it effectively glues you to the ground.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:15 pm

If memory serves, someone did do just that.... there's a video clip out there which shows a gent dressed like a fox slowly submerging in a mud pit. I think it was taken down, but it did exist at one point...

Raptor90

Postby Raptor90 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Yeah there are a few vids floating around out there

Return to “General Discussion”