Poll: How deep do YOU sink?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions

For the sinkers: How deep do YOU go?

A: I don't sink and i don't really want to (i.e. just watching)
8%
B: I don't sink but would like to
23%
C: Just up to my knees
4%
D: Around my thighs or hips
6%
E: Up to my waist
14%
F: From my armpits to the neck
16%
G: Barely able to breath
8%
H: All the way!
22%

Total votes: 293

Sinkman61

Re: Poll: How deep do YOU sink?

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Well, if you ever decide to come to Florida, I’d be more than happy to take you to some really awesome spots...spots where the mud is already known to be 15-20 feet deep in places. There’s certainly plenty of deep mud around here. We’ve got it by the acre...as in thousands of acres. The entire Intercoastal Waterway sits along a huge salt water Estuary than runs from below Saint Augustine, and with the exception of some areas that have been pumped dry and raised up for building, goes right on up into Georgia. Additionally, I’ve got a spare bedroom here that you can use as long as you don’t trash my house. I live about 3-4 blocks from the beach. I actually have a natural tidal sinking spot in my backyard, but it’s in an area covered with trees. Over the years they’ve dumped enough crap in there that I wouldn’t call it tidal mud anymore. And it’s only about waist deep. So I never go there, especially when there’s so many great places I can go instead. All I ask is that you leave your oversized boots, waders, etc... at home because this stuff is super sticky...and will seal right to your skin. That means that the suction is really powerful...powerful enough that if you wear oversized boots, you won’t be able to get back out. Yeah, we all love the thought of being held in deep, blissful, muddy bondage, but the tide doesn’t care if you’re stuck or not. This stuff is already hard to get out of, but we don’t want to make it impossible...unless you’ve got scuba gear and plenty of extra tanks standing by for when the tide covers you up. That’s not to scare you. It’s just for your own safety. I’ve never lost anyone in the mud and certainly don’t intend to start now.

Lastly, sinking season (part one) here is just about over, as it’s getting way too hot. We’re in the mid to upper 90’s now with nearly 100% humidity. It’s very uncomfortable outside, even at night. By the middle to end of September we’ll be going into Part Two, as the temperatures will start to drop. You don’t want to be stuck in the mud when it’s 98 degrees and 100% humidity with the sun beating down on you. That’s a prime recipe for a heat stroke. After the August/September murderous heat leaves, the rest of the year is decent sinking time. Even when there’s a chill in the air, the mud will still be plenty warm from the summer’s heat. Then if you want to continue sinking in the mud you’ll need to break out a wetsuit.

Solrex

Postby Solrex » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 am

Are we talking how far have you sank or how far you want to sink? Cause that's a clear difference for me between E and H.

Solrex

Postby Solrex » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:50 am

bogbud wrote:
QSMud wrote:Almost two feet under, standing vertically. Only my fingers could touch the surface.

Awesome!! I wish I could tolerate mud in/at my eyes. I would just freak out :oops:

Have you ever tried using goggles in mud? That's what I do.

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:14 am

Today I was able to sink down to about 6 feet deep. It was an awesome sink. Especially since I’m only 5’3” tall.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Sinkman61 wrote:Today I was able to sink down to about 6 feet deep. It was an awesome sink. Especially since I’m only 5’3” tall.

did you manage to catch that on video? this site needs some more male sinks :)

kennedy

Postby kennedy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:47 am

Definitely all the way for me guys!! :D
#Sassy,Sexy,&Smart
--Kennedy

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Nice. It's an amazing feeling going under. Im sure the anticipation of getting deeper and deeper is wonderful as well!

Andybarned

Postby Andybarned » Sun May 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Just today sank for the first time to my knees but wanted to go much much deeper ~ maybe with a buddy I would have felt way more willing to but I don’t know my limits yet!!!

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Fri May 07, 2021 3:08 am

something i would so want to do to be on the edg... it would be like in this DA picture https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... It3XQqkMRg where a girl who may be one of those called Brittany is just where her nostrels are less than a quarter inch from going under.

I would so want to be this deep and linger for an hour. smeling the quicksand evry time I inhale. knowing if i went just a quarter inch deeper taht i would have no more air and would be inhaling quicksand. that would be so edgey thriling. specialy if I am bobbing up and down a bit and it has kept covering my nostrels but isnt all the time!
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm

cbqdbq wrote:
I would so want to be this deep and linger for an hour. smeling the quicksand evry time I inhale. knowing if i went just a quarter inch deeper taht i would have no more air and would be inhaling quicksand. that would be so edgey thriling. specialy if I am bobbing up and down a bit and it has kept covering my nostrels but isnt all the time!

You're totally right! But in fact you can even sink deeper when the mud is thick enough. The most intense experiences for me are always when i sink at my bog in early fall when the mud is thickest and most clingy. You can sink just as deep as poor Ludella here and still able to breath and inhale the smell of the damp muddy bog...
Ludella.jpg

Trying to move my stuck arms upward can only be done very slow and careful. Not only because the bog is so thick but every wrong movement drives me deeper in when i'm sunk already that deep.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Return to “General Discussion”