By Design (split from 'Congrats!')

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Boggy Man

Re: By Design (split from 'Congrats!')

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:31 am

Sandy Pointe wrote:One question about the site; what determines the order in which topics are displayed within a given section?
It doesn't appear to be either the initial posting date or the last posting date.
Not a big deal, just curious.

In your "User Control Panel", when you go into the "Board preferences", there is the "Edit display options" settings, where you can make the necessary adjustments to, among other things, the ordering of postings and topics.

For the "Display topics ordering by" and "Display posts ordering by" settings, "Post time" has to be selected so that they appear in the order of date/time. The "Display topic order direction" is "Descending" by default, and the "Display post order direction" is "Ascending" by default.

Near the bottom of each forum page and each thread page, there are also some of the same settings there too.

Hope this helps. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Sandy Place

Re: By Design (split from 'Congrats!')

Postby Sandy Place » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks, Boggy Man.
I played with the settings and found the default values work best for me.
I'd still like the option to list Topics by original posting date, but that's a minor quibble.
Just put it down to going through the learning curve...

Cheers,
sp

klib21

Re: Congrats!!!

Postby klib21 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 am

dlodoski wrote:I will be replacing the logo at the top left of the pages very soon. And we will be enhancing and rotating the drawings on the disclaimer page. But otherwise, we're looking for a content/participation driven site as opposed to a design statement.

That's basically what I meant. Not too much, just enough to make things unique.

Return to “General Discussion”