Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Aussie_Bob

Re: Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Postby Aussie_Bob » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Protected Map Updated. 6 or so new pins.

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am

Protected Map Updated with 18 new pins.

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 am

Sorry for the huge delay in updates. I've been so busy with stuff that I forgot to do it for a while.

Protected Map Updated with 17 new pins.

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:37 pm

Hey, thanks for all the work you've put into this thing!
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

Slugjaba1922

Postby Slugjaba1922 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:08 pm

I added one in south Carolina on ocean isle beach

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Aussie_Bob wrote:Hey everyone. Due to the repeated vandalism of the old Sinking Map (Originally created by DaBestNoobEver) I have gone through and created a whole new map, and have restored my backup of the old map. (My backup is from October 2016 - If anyone has a newer backup that isn't corrupted, please PM Me)
Locked Map wrote:View the Locked Map:
(Primary Link): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wow49 ... sp=sharing
Or:
(Secondary Link if the first one is stuck in error 400): https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... njpkGg9HLj
(Information on editing this map below)

This new map works differently to the old one.

Firstly, It's not One map, but Two. One can be changed by anyone (Editable), the other can only be changed by me (Locked).
How this will work:
1. You can edit the editable map, make changes, add spots, etc. (To avoid being locked out of this map, as which happened to the old one, I have ticked "Prevent editors from changing access")
2. Once Per Month I will copy all of the edits to the Locked Map. (Anyone can view the locked map, only I can change it)

If the spots get deleted from the editable map by someone, I can always restore all the data from the "Locked" map, So at maximum, we would only ever lose one week of edits if someone vandalised the map. (Instead of the entire year we have lost in the old map)

The editable map can be edited by anyone. (It does say "No sign in required" but you may still need a Google Account) - The only other option is to set it to "Request Access" which means I would have to approve all accounts wanting access, (Which means I would have to see the email address of whatever account you use, - I WILL NOT DO THIS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.) - I like my Privacy, I'm fairly sure most of you do too.

Editing Instructions wrote:Editing Instructions:
  1. Load the Editable Map:
    (Primary Link): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z9OWK ... sp=sharing
    Or:
    (Secondary Link if the first one is stuck in error 400): https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... Dczu0dMhLj

2. Make sure the "New Community Places" layer is selected (A Blue Bar appears in the left of the layer if it is selected - See Images:)
    selected.png
    If the Layer is not selected, Click Here to select the layer: (See Image:)
    select.png
    The Layer will now be selected.
  3. Now you can add your place to the layer, Click the "Add Marker" button (See Image:)
    addmarker.png
  4. Zoom right in on the place you wish to add, and click ton add the marker, then add a descriptive name, and give the place a rating out of ten, talk about anything else you want in the box, such as privacy, access, information etc. and Click Save (You can even add a photo of the location, although this is entirely optional.)
    fill-in-boxes.png
  5. Select the paint bucket button and set the appropriate colour of the pin. (Colour definitions listed in the maps description)
    selectcolour.png

And you're done, the changes have been automatically saved!

(I might place in some custom map icons at a later date instead of the colour system if I have time) - If you want to suggest an icon to use for various reasons, please do!

Also, I have noticed there are some pins that are doubles, please, feel free to delete any duplicates or wrongly placed pins.

Either way, Get in there, have fun, and be safe out there!

(Note for myself: The Google account I have saved the maps under is "JimHensonIsNotaMuppet")

I added one near Gallatin, TN. I haven’t explored the full bog and the area has a privacy issue, but the mud feels great when you’re dealing with >105F summer days

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 pm

I added a new spot and lines indicating where the channel of deep water is along the creek that leads to my spot. :lol:

goo_lagoon

Postby goo_lagoon » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:44 am

I added a few spots in southern NJ for you guys

aMuddyToedBoy

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:29 pm

I've marked the best mudding area I've found around here in a big (for Connecticut) tract of public land, lots of great places to explore and sink into while everything has been dry. Tag is Pequabuck River Mud, I plan to go back and cut some better trails/do some better mapping of the place so it's a little bit harder to get lost. I can't believe nobody else had pinned this place before! Where are all you other nutmeggers at!

This place really is a gem, there isn't much in the Hartford area otherwise, especially someplace private where you can ditch your clothes in the woods, sink up to your chest in warm sunny mud, and clean up only a few feet away in a warm soft-bottomed river. If this was more accessible, it'd be a 10/10, would strongly recommend.

Postby 101927700 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Did some personal investigation of a marked spot at the west end of Lake Lowell near Nampa, Idaho... and it turned out quite well :D Didn't have the courage to sink any deeper than this, but I can only imagine what lies closer to the actual lake water... :twisted:
PXL_20220913_171904074.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Return to “General Discussion”