Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
hopdiddy

Re: Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Postby hopdiddy » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Went to some of the locations in Western Australia today and had an explore and it went well. Just a heads up most of the locations on the community map are close to trails or houses but i went at night so i didn't see anyone. Heres an edited selfie i took whilst playing around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zxy070401

Postby zxy070401 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:13 pm

Unfortunately, there is no Chinese quicksand location on this map :(

Silt Strider

Postby Silt Strider » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:50 am

G'day Bob!

Awesome job of that map. I can add a heap of places to our great southern land at some point in the near future.
I've always had my eye on the spot near Tooradin airport since I was a kid wondering how deep it would be ect, ect.
Safe to say there's a hell of a lot more good places on that map that just need to be entered. Just in Western port bay alone I can think of three that I've used and know to be decent. There's nothing I love more than a bit of an expedition/bush basing to find new spots.

Regards, Silt Strider
'Twice as clear as heaven, Twice as loud as reason, Deep and rich like silt on a riverbed, Just as never ending, Current's mouth below me, Opens up around me, Suggests and beckons all while swallowing, Surrounds and drowns and wipes me away'

Undertow Artist: Tool

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:50 pm

I have found 6-10 spots worth exploring on Google Earth in SE Pennsylvania. I'll post pics/pins to the map once I explore some of them on foot/via drone

Thought I'd mention that I'm open-ish to having a local exploring partner. I'm about 20 miles NW of Philly.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:52 am

Rickington wrote:I have found 6-10 spots worth exploring on Google Earth in SE Pennsylvania. I'll post pics/pins to the map once I explore some of them on foot/via drone

Thought I'd mention that I'm open-ish to having a local exploring partner. I'm about 20 miles NW of Philly.

This will be interesting - I am about 35 miles west and north of Philly. You might check out the area in Chester County just around where Fairview Road runs under the PA Turnpike. I went there once years ago but didn’t have time to really explore it all on foot. I am retired, both as an engineer and from active sinking - all things must pass, I guess.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:13 am

I have just pushed the last couple of months of pin updates to the protected map.
A lot of new pins were added by community members.

I really need to put a recurring event in my calendar or something so I remember to do it more frequently.

odinwynd

Postby odinwynd » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 am

I noticed an edit I made way back on the OG map had a pin moved incorrectly by the time it made it here. I have moved the pin back to where is should be. It is a pin for a parking spot and managed to get about a mile away from where it should have been... Anyway, it is updated on the edit map.
"You have to have exceptional luck to find the deepest spot on your first step into the mire"

Muyro

Postby Muyro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

We need new pins in Michigan lol

Return to “General Discussion”