Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Aussie_Bob

Re: Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Postby Aussie_Bob » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:13 am

Sorry guys. Been super-duper busy with video editing (I film classic car shows).

I will update the protected map as soon as my current video is finished rendering.

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 am

Protected Map updated with 12 new pins.

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Just an idea... which may take time to implement but perhaps the colors of the markers would be expanded somehow to differentiate between different kinds of mud (tidal, bog, river, clay, etc)?

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Rickington wrote:Just an idea... which may take time to implement but perhaps the colors of the markers would be expanded somehow to differentiate between different kinds of mud (tidal, bog, river, clay, etc)?

Would not this information be fairy obvious from the context of the map itself?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Well, I'm thinking of ways to quickly find different categories of mud at a glance. It's a part of my job to continually improve and add detail to databases. I guess it's spreading to other parts of my life. You should see the tide charts I made for some of my spots...

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Rickington wrote:Well, I'm thinking of ways to quickly find different categories of mud at a glance. It's a part of my job to continually improve and add detail to databases. I guess it's spreading to other parts of my life. You should see the tide charts I made for some of my spots...

Perhaps someone, as a separate project, could prepare a compilation of the same information found in the map, except for the map itself, and including some sort of cross reference to the map (or to coordinates?) Then that compilation might be augmented. I suspect there might be very little interest by most people except for their own region so perhaps a template for the compilation might be shared with others so they could fill in their own local information.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:51 am

there is no way that i would have the time to go through all the existing pins and change them.

but, if a colour scheme can be agreed on in this forum, (or even custom pins icons which i could make) then after it's all agreed on by the community then i don't see why others couldn't start changing the icons in their own time in the editable map.

mud_dreamer

Postby mud_dreamer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm

My vote is for keeping it simple. I have added a couple of pins. I did not get concerned about pin color. So they are the default pin. It is in the description of the location where I think people need to provide a minimum of information. I like that some members have provided a link to a forum thread which can be used to discuss important aspects about a particular location or area.

For instance, Hite UT. What range of water levels of Lake Powell provide for mud? Where from the ramp can it be found? This place is huge and in the middle of nowhere. I doubt it will ever be overcrowded with sinkers. And then, what would be wrong with that?

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:10 am

Agree. I’m not sure that adding colors for types of mud would be that helpful. Not to poo poo your suggestion, I think it’s cool. But there aren’t that many mid places. I will be happy to have one to go to, regardless of mud. I’m far more interested in the details. Yes to how to get there; where to park, etc. I’ve developed a rating system in a sense of where I go. Accessibility. Quality of mud. Privacy. Cleanup.

Dani

Postby Dani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi!
I changed the status of some southern Spain spots (i explored all of them last week). It's a pity most of them are inaccesible (fenced and guarded, some dogs, even cameras -because they are mining operations) or simply dry as a rock.

I also added some new points from my own harvest ;)

Return to “General Discussion”