Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
hopdiddy

Re: Mud Map Reborn - Community Sinking Location Map!

Postby hopdiddy » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Went to some of the locations in Western Australia today and had an explore and it went well. Just a heads up most of the locations on the community map are close to trails or houses but i went at night so i didn't see anyone. Heres an edited selfie i took whilst playing around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zxy070401

Postby zxy070401 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:13 pm

Unfortunately, there is no Chinese quicksand location on this map :(

Silt Strider

Postby Silt Strider » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:50 am

G'day Bob!

Awesome job of that map. I can add a heap of places to our great southern land at some point in the near future.
I've always had my eye on the spot near Tooradin airport since I was a kid wondering how deep it would be ect, ect.
Safe to say there's a hell of a lot more good places on that map that just need to be entered. Just in Western port bay alone I can think of three that I've used and know to be decent. There's nothing I love more than a bit of an expedition/bush basing to find new spots.

Regards, Silt Strider
'Twice as clear as heaven, Twice as loud as reason, Deep and rich like silt on a riverbed, Just as never ending, Current's mouth below me, Opens up around me, Suggests and beckons all while swallowing, Surrounds and drowns and wipes me away'

Undertow Artist: Tool

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:50 pm

I have found 6-10 spots worth exploring on Google Earth in SE Pennsylvania. I'll post pics/pins to the map once I explore some of them on foot/via drone

Thought I'd mention that I'm open-ish to having a local exploring partner. I'm about 20 miles NW of Philly.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:52 am

Rickington wrote:I have found 6-10 spots worth exploring on Google Earth in SE Pennsylvania. I'll post pics/pins to the map once I explore some of them on foot/via drone

Thought I'd mention that I'm open-ish to having a local exploring partner. I'm about 20 miles NW of Philly.

This will be interesting - I am about 35 miles west and north of Philly. You might check out the area in Chester County just around where Fairview Road runs under the PA Turnpike. I went there once years ago but didn’t have time to really explore it all on foot. I am retired, both as an engineer and from active sinking - all things must pass, I guess.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Aussie_Bob

Postby Aussie_Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:13 am

I have just pushed the last couple of months of pin updates to the protected map.
A lot of new pins were added by community members.

I really need to put a recurring event in my calendar or something so I remember to do it more frequently.

odinwynd

Postby odinwynd » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 am

I noticed an edit I made way back on the OG map had a pin moved incorrectly by the time it made it here. I have moved the pin back to where is should be. It is a pin for a parking spot and managed to get about a mile away from where it should have been... Anyway, it is updated on the edit map.

Muyro

Postby Muyro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

We need new pins in Michigan lol

Return to “General Discussion”