Why quicksand?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
kitchen_sink

Re: Why quicksand?

Postby kitchen_sink » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am

Doomsand wrote:Well, like the subject says, why quicksand?

Well, for me it's mud, not quicksand. Sand is grainy and tends to lock up if the water runs out. Mud is smooth and thick, offering unlimited resistance as it gets deeper and thicker. That's an important aspect - the mud getting thicker and thicker, having to struggle harder and harder as you slip deeper and deeper, until you reach a point where you would be stuck and overwhelmed: engulfed and satisfied.

I suppose it's sexual, although I don't fantasize about having sex - I dream about the thickness of the mud, and about the strength and vigour of the woman, almost at the same time. It is a complete embrace, although the mud is never more than shoulder deep. But despite this, I have no interest in bondage or other fetishes.

Doomsand wrote:When did people here first realise that quicksand was a "turn on" for them?

I had this thing since I was a kid. Several play games that involved mud (usually imaginary mud), well before anything sexual.

I guess I became more aware of it as I entered my teens. I remember the rare thrill, when in Tarzan movies, Jane got into quicksand! The hours of bad B-movies I watched, hoping for a few seconds of a sinking scene... And there was another I saw only once, a girl in a green silky dress stumbles into quicksand in some Sci-Fi film. Oh, her thighs!

So for many years I got by with these occasional gems, but mainly with a little paddling and a very, very powerful imagination.

Later, in my twenties, I stumbled across the trailer for 'Jessica's first time' on Youtube. :shock: I nearly fainted.

Like everyone, I had thought it was just me, but known to keep it secret. Isn't that interesting? No-one ever said 'you mustn't talk about this', but I'm pretty sure if I had there'd be some difficulty accepting it. I wonder what percentage of people have some kind of fetish?

KS

fancysox

Postby fancysox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 am

I've had guy-in-distress fantasies ever since I was a kid, and somewhere along the line I picked up quicksand scenes. I think it started with the old Batman and Robin series. I can remember several quicksand scenes in different movies and TV shows, but the one that sticks in my mind is from Batman and Robin: Does anyone remember the giant birthday cake that turned into quicksand when the Joker turned on the water from below? Later, scenes like that one fueled my fantasies involving being captured and finished off by dominant women. Never had a real experience with quicksand except once when I was in college: I used to go walking off campus in some woods next to a farm field. One day I noticed where silt running off from the field had formed a pool of sand down in a ditch. Something made me want to test it out and I finally took off my shoes and stepped in with my socks. I almost immediately sank up to the tops of my knee-high navy blue nylon dress socks. It was so arousing feeling the deep wet sand pressing down on my helpless legs and knowing how wet and messy my socks were getting. I imagined what it would have been like if a naughty female companion or two had tricked me into this pit and ever since that's been one of my favorite scenes.

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:11 am

Yes I remember that Batman and Robin scene. It was the Riddler that made the cake and I estimate the depth at 50 feet. This scene is on U-tube just so you know. I always wanted Cat Woman in a quicksand scene but my dream never came true :cry: Maybe some producer can make my day someday :D
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

joedeep130535

Postby joedeep130535 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm

For me there is a definite "bondage" aspect to mud & qs.My biggest thrill is to be sunk & stuck & the harder the struggle needed to escape the more exciting I find it. I believe the feel of mud on the skin is an erotic experience & the "sucking vagina" surely has some relevance but the final truth is--I just enjoy the whole mud experience!! :)

muddypoo1011

Postby muddypoo1011 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't remember who had that very question posted on their quicksand website years ago (der Mud Gecko perhaps?) but I remember the answer in all it's simple perfection:

If you have to ask that, you'll never understand. :)

For me, I love the visual of a pretty girl being enveloped by a soft thick substance. While I prefer distress, pleasure and frustration are also both fine by me. My favorite part of a sink is when the girl goes from mid-theigh to mid breasts in a dark, quivvering mud. I like the mud to be thick enough so that once disturbed it doesn't flatten out by itself and can create an almost "funnel" appearance if the girl moves around enough in it. I'd say two scenes that embody perfect mud consistancy for me are Darby's bog sink and Ann sinking in Kaol's "Explorer" video.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 pm

muddypoo1011 wrote:If you have to ask that, you'll never understand.

Yeah, that was my little page that I had up for a while. Once I realized that I quit asking. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Yeah, that was my little page that I had up for a while. Once I realized that I quit asking. 8-)

I don't know why it's quicksand specifically.

But I have come to the conclusion that, while I can't speak for anyone else, mine is probably caused by some kind of brain oddity.

Why I think so: I could never trace my fetish to an emotional event. I could never trace it to a real experience. I can't pick out anything in my personal psychology to account for it. I have no other associated fetishes, no cluster of associated kinks or interests with similar attributes -- so for me, the quicksand thing stands alone.

I see nothing wrong with enjoying it, but I believe that my quicksand fetish says as much about my character as does the color of my eyes.

I admit that what with all the mud I've done, it's a pretty big glitch, but it's still a glitch, nonetheless.

Nessie

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

Well, I guess I got fascinated by quicksand as a child - maybe seven or eight years old, saw a man sinking in a movie or that Tarzan movie with the "tests" he was undergoing with this tribe. There was a newspaper column, supposedly science, but the writer seemed to be misinformed of the science of quicksand since he wrote that "he sinks a few feet, and unless something is done, the person may go out of sight".

I later looked in every encyclopedia in the library to see what each article had to say. Later, I hunted around for the stuff for real but never found any (too bad I didn't know deep soft mud was even better - I'm sure I'd have had some splendid sinking episodes). And circa 2001-2004, I found that there were on-line groups of people who sink, talk sinking, write stories and make art about sinking, or observe sinking, or any or all of these. To this date, I have not sunk more than ankle deep, now mainly because I have responsibilities that don't allow me to get off on my own into boonies with the only family vehicle. I can only read and imagine.

So what fascinates me? The idea of taking a deep sink, and imagining what it'd be like to be... 'taken' by the deep mud, filled internally, covered, the mud covering mouth, nose, ears, eyes, filling the ears, settling onto my head, cutting me off from the outside world. Imagining, but not intending, of course! It just seems like an odd way "to go" - wondering how long consciousness would remain. But if I knew death was inevitable and close, and had the choice, I'd take that way and "discover" on the way! - now, THAT must certainly be something that a minuscule number of people even in this community would want to do!

IcarusJ

Postby IcarusJ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 am

Nessie wrote:I could never trace my fetish to an emotional event. I could never trace it to a real experience. I can't pick out anything in my personal psychology to account for it.

My psychology professor made a point to tell us that what makes a phobia a phobia is that there is no discernable cause. No trauma in your past or anything. It doesn't take being bit by a spider to become arachnophobic. It just is. And then she told as that fetishes are the same way. Considering I can't remember a time when mud and quicksand didn't interest me, I can believe it.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 am

I have been fascinated by quicksand since I can remember. It was likely back in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, in the early 70's, something on tv that caught my attention when I was very young, perhaps the Ron Ely Tarzan episodes. I remember standing in some gooey mud in my rubbers in some bushes below an embankment north of our home, loving the feeling of the pressure it exerted on my rubbers, imagining what it would be like to sink into quicksand. I remember once when there was an ad on tv for some movie or show, I heard a baby crying, and then I heard one of my parents making a statement about a baby sinking into quicksand! :shock: I rushed to the tv, only to see a woman yelling "You killed my baby!", and then showing a man spitting something white (saliva? phlegm?) out of his mouth. I never seen the ad again, so I don't know what it was from. :?

Years later, when we lived in Beausejour, Manitoba in the mid to late 70's, I read a Reader's Digest book that had a section devoted to quicksand, with stories, experiments, and explanations (I also frequently looked it up in various encyclopedias, finding limited description). Following what I learned from the Reader's Digest book, I began to start making my own quicksand using sand in a funnel attached to a hose, and then a pail with a hose stuck in it. Then, a friend of mine introduced me to a sand quarry (The Sand Pit), where they pumped fine silica sand from a man(quarry)-made lake into an area surrounded by a dike of sand, which was steadily built up into a hill, to be later trucked away to be made into glass. The top of that area had nice quicksand, only a foot or so deep at the high spot where the pipe was, but deeper at the edges closer to the circular dike, where the water pooled, making the water in the sand there slow to drain away. When my friend first took me there, I had no idea what it was going to be like. When I saw him start to sink, I got scared and yelled for him to get out, fearing that he would disappear! :shock: After seeing him only sink a foot or so down, I was still apprehensive about trying it out. But a week or so later, I tried it out, and was hooked! :mrgreen: I got familiar with the characteristics of the area, such as what I had described above, and noticed how it would settle quickly. I found it to be the best way to spend my summers! :D Then, I sexually matured, and found new "feelings" coming over me when I played in it, as well as in sticky clay north of Gimli, Manitoba, along Lake Winnipeg, and walking through some peat mud in southeastern Manitoba, with me "wetting my shorts" before I got out of those spots! :oops: I also began to have "wet dreams" about it :oops: , forcing me to "relieve" myself in a controlled manner to end those embarrassing episodes. :oops: When the sand sucking operation halted for a while, I began going biking and hiking in search for new spots, but wasn't getting any luck, except for around Gimli (hadn't gone far enough from Beausejour yet).

After we moved away, to Kamloops, BC in 1980, I tried to put it behind me, to start with a clean slate. But after a month or so, I decided to walk along a section of the South Thompson River, where I encountered clay mud! :shock: It was too close to civilization for playing in, but seeing it (can't remember if I tested it out, bus saw another kid walking through it) opened a gigantic floodgate, my feelings went into overdrive! :shock: It was almost like a sickness, and it took weeks for things to calm down. After that, I began scouting for mud locations, first around Kamloops, then around Vernon BC after moving here in 1988, and over the years, have become quite expert at it. 8-)

I like quicksand for the way it locks up when you tug at it, and its perceived suffocating threat by common folklore. But, in a practical sense, the fact that it has a very short "shelf life" when disturbed, namely the settling and packing of the sand grains as the water rises out of it, makes it not as good as other substances. It also has a high density, making it harder to sink deep. :( But, if it is deep and loose enough (really loose deeper down), then the experience could perhaps be more fun! :roll:

I love quicksilt, because it has the same locking properties as quicksand, but has a finer texture and doesn't settle as quickly if there is some clay mixed in. Some silts do seem to pack quickly, but I have some that takes weeks to get hard. It feels smoother, and when looser, it can be mushed into a claylike consistency. :) But, just like quicksand, it is of a higher density, reducing the amount you can sink. But still, its longer "shelf life" makes it much more enjoyable! :D

Clay is also a very wonderful sinking substance that I love, being all sticky and gooey, with a really smooth texture! :D It doesn't pack hard, unless it dries out. Also being a mineral-based sinking substance like quicksand and quicksilt, it also has a high density, making it more difficult to go deep, although it can be done if the clay is thick enough to hold you in place past your buoyancy point (but you may have to go in at an angle).

Organic mud is another of my favorites, ranging from coarse peat to really fine stuff, with the finer stuff being the best! :D Finer organic mud can have a sticky texture like clay, but being organic, is of a lower density, and therefore is easy to go under in if it isn't too stiff. :D Being organic, it also undergoes decomposition, forming swamp gas which bubbles or farts out of it, adding to the experience/effect! 8-) It doesn't pack, unless it dries out.

I tend to currently find most access to quicksilt, organic mud, and quicksand. I find quicksilt best for a slow sink and getting stuck in a wonderful-feeling substance that you have to fight with to escape, while I find organic mud best for deep sinks, especially vertical submergences, and prefer the finer textured, better feeling, stuff over the coarser stuff. Pure quicksand, I find too limiting, although if I find stuff with enough water content to sink past my stomach, then it may be more fun. :) I have yet to locate a good clay spot locally, but unfortunately, it is in limited supply in the mountains where there are fewer people, and is mostly in the valleys, where all the population is. :(
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “General Discussion”