Why quicksand?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x42swamper

Re: Why quicksand?

Postby x42swamper » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm

bart1997 wrote:
Doomsand wrote:
I suppose quicksand is an obvious metaphor for sex, penetrating into something soft, the moaning of the "victim", the bondage aspect as well. But I believe it must be caused by several factors, not just one freak chance event.

What are your thoughts? Anyone?

I think it has a bit to do with everything you said, although everyone here will give you a bit of another answer why he/she particulary likes this stuff.
Okay, the turn-on for me is the bondage-factor. In fact i prefer unvoluntary stuck girls over moaning and herself enjoying ones everytime. And if they wear shiny clothing... (ah, well, thats mainstream, already)

Doomsand covered most of it from the start. I remember way back when friends and family would watch movies and there was a quicksand scene taking place. Nobody ever got up to get anything or said a sound. Then I realized more people had this arousing interest. I seemed to be watching more TV and keeping a watchful eye for horror movies and anything that looked like a swamp movie. The westerns had villains going down in the end, but when the jungle girls were indroduced to the mix I was in heaven. Or the damsels you might say put the icing on the cake. I just loved the struggle and peril and once the ladies were saved there hot clothes were stuck to them. I can't really choose just one thing, I love everthing about it so who's next ;)
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 am

Really, really, really freaky girlfriend. 'Nuff said. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

IcarusJ

Postby IcarusJ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 am

As far back as I can remember I've had lots of fantasies involving myself sinking in quicksand or getting covered in mud. As I got older they got more sexual and always involved a girl with me, but were mostly just involving mud and not a lot of quicksand. I eventually found MPV which of course led me to QSV and the fantasies started tipping in the favor of quicksand over regular mud again. It definitely makes a difference being quicksand.

As far as why, mud is all about the texture to me, and quicksand adds pressure. The mud pressing in around you. Not to mention the buildup of steadily going deeper. The peril business is mildly sexual, but for me it's still really all about the mud against the skin.

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 am

I was traditionally intrigued by mud due to combination of messiness, the mystery of depth, and the texture / slimyness. I think in the last few years the perception of deep mud as a sort of metaphor for a big, slimy, sucking vagina, has started to take hold within me. Vaginas are very effective at providing tight suction, and deep mud is too, except exploded into an obscenely large scale.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Oh, gosh- for me, it goes way, way back. I remember reading (or having read to me) a kid's poem that ended "only me an' the rosebush knows/how nice mud feels between your toes." And I remember getting scratched by our rosebush, thinking of course that there would be mud under it. And I remember sinking my "Barbie" (how I ended up with that, I have NO idea) in between the couch cushions so GI Joe could rescue her. And I remember lying awake and 'telling myself stories' about mud and quicksand. I remember one of them involved "Mud that's over a giant's head, but you can breathe in it."

I remember all this happening in a house we were renting when I was little- and we got our own place before I started Kindergarten.

Later on, I remember a "Scouts in action" cartoon from "Boy's Life" where two kids got trapped in quicksand while trying to retrieve their kite. The headline I will always remember: "The more they struggled in the sticky ooze- the deeper they sank!" I still remember every panel of that cartoon, as I must have read it about a hundred times. It just took me until after I discovered "quicksandland" online to realize that the thrill I got reading and thinking about that was the same as when I. . Uhh, never mind. :oops:

Also, thinking way, way back, I remember a couple of girls in my class talking about how they got stuck in deep mud while playing along the creek and had to be rescued. That would have occurred about the same age I started to notice girls as something other than evil cootie-carrying tattletales.

Besides the whole peril/forbidden/sensual aspect, what made it click for me sexually was the "damsel in distress." She's stuck, and the more she struggles to free herself the deeper she's sucked down into the relentless mire. And of course she's very, very grateful to be rescued. 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:27 pm

You lucky dog.

Mynock wrote:Really, really, really freaky girlfriend. 'Nuff said. 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:20 am

I go back to age three with my fascination for quicksand. I can even say, with some certainty, that my earliest memory of being intensely aroused by a scene probably wasn't the first time, since I remember thinking that my reaction was perfectly natural.

Why, though?

I can tell you a few things that I've ruled out.

I have no peripheral/related/additional kinks at all. I know that some people consider quicksand related to bondage or a form of bondage, but for me, quicksand and bondage are two completely different species. I don't recall ever being aroused by anybody tied to the railroad tracks when I was a kid...I considered it only storytelling...but show me quicksand, any quicksand, and I reacted strongly even at a very early age.

In fact, I got less kinky, less wild, and more predictable in my erotic fantasies after I discovered that quicksand was an acceptable fetish for me to have and that other people had it. That is because quicksand works better for me than any of the wildest kinks anybody can dream up. If it doesn't satisfy me like quicksand does, why bother to go there?

Some people consider quicksand related to wet-and-messy. Not for me. Don't get me wrong, getting muddy is fun and I love to swim too, but fun is all that wet-and-messy is for me. My fetish is sinking. I need a downward movement and heavy mud going up a body, not coverage, not wetness, not a mess.

It is not primarily an emotional fetish for me either. My history in dramatic video is not an accurate portrayal of my thoughts when I sink. When I'm sinking for my own pleasure, I don't go through any story/drama acting-out at all. I just go into the mud and move around some...and sink. So, while I've enjoyed dramatic stories and videos about quicksand, and it is a nice plot device for fiction...this too is not central to my fetish.

Some people think quicksand is a dominance/submission thing. Submitting to the mire, feeling out of control, helplessness maybe. But I don't feel at all out of control when I sink.

No real danger is necessary. In fact, any genuine insecurity will ruin my mood and I can't enjoy the mire at all.

I also don't think it happened as a result of any childhood trauma. If it did, I sure can't point my finger at it.

The nearest I can figure, after years of sinking in many mudpits, and years of dissecting what goes on in my head when I do it is...I believe it is some kind of very early psychological imprint linking arousal to the idea of quicksand or something similar to it...I need sinking, and something very heavy going up a body...this body can be mine, but sometimes it can be somebody else's. Because, you see, scenes do work for me. I will choose doing over watching when there's a choice but there are some scenes that I can use for gratification in the winter -- not many, 'tis true, but they do exist and they reliably feed the fetish.

What I want to know is, if it's an early imprint linking the concept of quicksand, or something very similar to it, to arousal...just WHERE did it come from? Whatever could the initial stimulus possibly have been?

It couldn't have been a real quicksand pit -- could it? 'Cause, they didn't HAVE any quicksand pits in my neighborhood when I was three. I lived in suburbia! And even if they did have a big deep mudpit somewhere in the neighborhood...my parents watched me like a hawk...I wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near it!

Successfuly sunk,
but explanation-wise,
stumped,
Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:27 am

Nessie,

I, too, had the elementary-school-aged reaction to TV quicksand scenes. It was a combination of fear and fascination - with no background whatsoever. Is it some get-back-into-the-womb psychological deal? I don't know, but I think not. I don't have an explanation for it, either. It was just this fear-fascination until some time during puberty when I made the connection that it was "girls in QS" that did it for me, not just QS, proper.

I'm open to anyone on this forum that has a more enlightening explanation of "why." I do not. It has just been an all-life interest and focus. I appreciate the open discussion on this board, in between nice clips, etc., on the fascination itself.

Nessie - I am more of a watcher than a sinker like you. However, there is still the rush of exploring a swampy area and stepping into an unknown soft spot - how deep is it - will I get stuck? Haven't yet, but neither have I done your amount of homework in locating good spots.

There is a little of the trapped, bondage thing for me, but not a lot. Just the melodrama of a woman sinking is enough. I like submersions, but only if there is a rescue immediately following, like the rescuer grabbing the outstretched hands just above the surface before they go under. Pretty typical melodrama, I guess. Thanks for sharing your insights.

Deimir

Postby Deimir » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 pm

WHY quicksand? I don't know. All I can say is that, like so many others, I had that "moment of discovery." It was waaay back when I was but a wee lad, watching JAG with my parents, and they played the women's boot camp episode with the quicksand scene right at the end. Speaking of which...I may need to upload that to Nuggets...

But it's not like quicksand is my only fetish. I'm also into BDSM, Latex, AB/DL, and Hypnosis, among others.
dlodoski wrote:"Let us all put our health first and foremost. After all, what good is a sexual addiction if you're sick?"

Return to “General Discussion”