Movie Remake

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
MDLambert

Movie Remake

Postby MDLambert » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am

I was just watching the HD trailer for the : Nightmare on Elm Street : remake and towards the end there is a scene of a girl running and falling into a pool of black sludge, going under and coming back up. Shows quite a bit in the end but it goes fast. hopefully it'll be a good scene. Link to the trailer http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/02/run ... more-24990

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Movie Remake

Postby dlodoski » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:28 am

Looks like the tar fans are going to groove on this one. :mrgreen:

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am

The sludge sinking looks really cool... :D but my back is up about remaking another classic flick... especially a personal fav of mine. And by the king of the empty headed explosion film.... :x

So, mixed feelings...

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

The guy that plays the new Freddy is the same guy that plays Rorshach from The Watchmen lol. His voice is exactly the same.

Yeah I definitely have mixed feelings about this as well. Remakes are usually life-less and lack vision. And for every good remake. There are 10 horrible ones. Another hollywood trend that is doing more harm than good.
So far from what I've seen. This looks meh. I had really big hopes for the Friday remake as well. And it was just as life-less,bland, and boring. And this so far is looking the same way. Although I won't judge completely till i see it. I like the artistic imagery for the dreams though. And I hope they delve into the mind of Freddy. And why and what made him who he is. Cause the only touched on it in the originals. But its going to be hard for me to watch this and not see Robert Eugland or whatever as Freddy. This new Freddy looks a little different.
As far as the originals though, I bought the box set about 2 years ago. I just recently traded it in. They were god-awful. Only one that was good of course was the first one. It was excllent. But the one where Freddy plays Super Nintendo to kill his victims, yeah thats jsut a joke.
But I'll probably watch this in the theaters and go from there.

wackypackcolonel

Postby wackypackcolonel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Any sinking scene is one more than we had before. This one looks like fun tar or not.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Looks like a good sinking scene for us....not sure about the rest of the movie. Seems like every time Hollywood redoes something lately they somehow manage to FUBAR it.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

MDLambert

Postby MDLambert » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19906

found a good pic of the scene

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat May 01, 2010 4:46 am

Just got back from the movies. I won't say much so as not to spoil the movie but the sinking was done well and the substance in question does indeed look like tar.
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat May 01, 2010 5:10 am

Cool. When the DVD with all of the "this is how we did it" stuff comes out shortly we'll have to have it. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun May 02, 2010 5:02 pm

In other words, you want to figure out what they used and if it's cheap enough to shoot a video with. Me likey. :)
--Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussion”