cowboy boots?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
fancysox

cowboy boots?

Postby fancysox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:51 am

Hi. New on the board and have a question about attire in scenes. I've seen a couple of posts about this and contributed. What about wearing western gear with cowboy boots while sinking? I want to know if quicksand will suck the boots off or if it depends on conditions. I'd hate to lose a pair of nice boots like that, but the sensation and realizing that I'm going down in my boot socks would be fun, too.

Fred588
Producer

Re: cowboy boots?

Postby Fred588 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:31 am

I probably depends some on the boots but I'd say there is a high probability of losing them.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:09 am

I've found that the flatter and heavier the sole of any kind of footwear, the more the mud tries to sssssssssssssuck! it off. Heels are actually not as terrible as flats.

The worst stuck I ever experienced was a pair of "crocs" (very flat and wide). My feet came right out of them but geesh, I practically ripped my arm off pulling that shoe out of that mud, and it was in only a few inches.

I dunno, though...cowboy boots aren't real tight to the leg and if they fill up with mud, I bet that's a real bugger to pull your legs out if the soles get stuck in the mud too!

Uh, maybe you want to make SURE you can slip out of 'em before you get into that mudpit! You may be crawling out barefoot.

Nessie

fancysox

Postby fancysox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks. I could always play a variation of my scene where I'm robbed of my boots before being lured in. That would be nice and humiliating to see someone holding my precious boots while they watch me sink.

jack c

Postby jack c » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 am

I had one case last summer where the muck actually pulled the sole off one of the old running shoes I was wearing - had to take the lace and tie it around and around my foot just to keep the sole on long enough to get out of the area. So there are risks with any foot-wear. But, as Nessie says, I've had boots (when I was very young) fill up with mud and water, and then it is a task to get your legs extracted, as well as quite a mess.

fancysox

Postby fancysox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Boots filling up with mud and water sounds exciting from a fantasy scene point of view, but agreed that it would be dangerous. It would also depend on how tall cowboy boots you're wearing. I have a pair of average height cowboy boots that I'm pretty sure would slip right off and get lost if I was in too deep, but that would still be fun for a scene. Taller boots might work out differently but would be a bigger problem if I was in over my knees and they filled up. I am guessing that English style riding boots fit tighter and so mud and water would be less likely to get inside them.

Return to “General Discussion”