1996 - when I discovered Kaol

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Nessie
Producer

Re: 1996 - when I discovered Kaol

Postby Nessie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 am

Intersting that this thread was posted at this time...because February marked my 10th anniversary of Quicksand Awareness (finding the online community) and the very first thing I discovered online was, yes indeedy, Kaol's Ol' Sinkin' Hole, singing "Red Rubber Ball" at me to the imagine of a huge Ann in quicksand on the home page...

Within a second, I knew that there was at least one more out there, just like me.

Nessie

DrEvil

Re: 1996 - when I discovered Kaol

Postby DrEvil » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 pm

It was January 1997 for me. I had just purchased my very first computer (a big Compaq desktop) in preparation for going to graduate school and I was just discovering the Internet. Like several have said before, when I first stumbled across Kaol's site (as well as the few others that were around), I was blown away that I was not the only one and I also stayed up until the next morning eagerly browsing these websites until my eyes were bloodshot and I couldn't think straight. I can't believe it's been 13 years already. What a great time that was ... and look how far we've come.

Thanks, Kaol, and to all the other early Internet pioneers of our collective interest.

Return to “General Discussion”