Board Performance Issues

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Board Performance Issues

Postby dlodoski » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 am

Hi All,

Back on February 21st,
GoDaddy wrote:As part of a continuing effort to provide the highest quality service for our valued customers, your hosting account has been migrated to a new server that will provide you with increased performance and reliability.

Well, since then, intermittently, the service has been crap.

I've had a trouble incident open with them about this since March 22nd.

We hope to have this fixed soon. And, I appreciate your collective patience.

Meanwhile, copy everything you are about to preview/post to your clipboard. And if the site seems extremely slow or unavailable, go find something to do for a short time. The severe episodes are generally pretty short.

Dave
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Duncan Edwards

Re: Performance Issues

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:43 am

You mean performance issues like double posting messages because you can't tell that the message you attempted to post wasn't cut off due to a server error? :mrgreen:

And thanks for chasing this. I know you have enough to do as it is. The trouble is sometimes annoying but its hardly going to stop anything. I'm sure it will get sorted out soon.

Thanks - 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22 am

I've noted that things seem choppy lately...'til it's fixed, I've found that if a page won't load, hitting refresh or reload is usually taking care of it. Another trick I use is to right-click and use the "open in new window" command.

If it won't open normally, that usually forces it to open anyway.

And if anybody finds that they've accidentally double-posted, don't freak out...just delete the second one.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 am

Thanks for the update. It's been getting pretty bad on my end. Hopefully they can either fix the problem, or else loan you Danica Patrick to do a QS shoot. 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 am

:shock: Case in point- I swear I did not double-post on purpose!!!!

Thanks for the update. It's been getting pretty bad on my end. Hopefully they can either fix the problem, or else loan you Danica Patrick to do a QS shoot. 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:You mean performance issues like double posting messages because you can't tell that the message you attempted to post wasn't cut off due to a server error? :mrgreen:

... Or double posting new threads? :mrgreen:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 am

Ah, so that's what's been going on. Yeah, it's been bad here as well with lots of "Internal Server Error" messages popping up and pages seeming to take up knitting as you wait for them to load. That's what happens when these companies migrate this and migrate that and promise you faster, more reliable service. Sometimes they ought to just leave it alone and not try to fix it until it needs fixing.

Anyway, thanks for the update, Dave! At least it's not just me this time. Misery does love company. :D And, thanks for all you do!

Nessie wrote:And if anybody finds that they've accidentally double-posted, don't freak out...just delete the second one.

Nessie

Ah, Nessie, that's only if it LET'S you delete it. :) On at least one double post, the "X" for deleting the repeat post would not appear. :o The post had taken control and would not allow itself to be deleted. :shock: It had become AWARE! :o :shock: :?

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:54 am

That's when you use Edit and edit your post to whine to the world that it didn't let you delete!

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:
Nessie wrote:And if anybody finds that they've accidentally double-posted, don't freak out...just delete the second one.

Nessie

Ah, Nessie, that's only if it LET'S you delete it. :) On at least one double post, the "X" for deleting the repeat post would not appear. :o The post had taken control and would not allow itself to be deleted. :shock: It had become AWARE! :o :shock: :?

The "X" for deleting a post is only available as long as it is the last post in the thread.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Board Performance Issues

Postby dlodoski » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Update -

We have generated what appears to be useful information and have forwarded it to GoDaddy.

I'll post again to this thread when I hear back from them.

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”