Board Performance Issues

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
water_bug_62208

Re: Performance Issues

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Boggy Man wrote:
water_bug_62208 wrote:
Nessie wrote:And if anybody finds that they've accidentally double-posted, don't freak out...just delete the second one.

Nessie

Ah, Nessie, that's only if it LET'S you delete it. :) On at least one double post, the "X" for deleting the repeat post would not appear. :o The post had taken control and would not allow itself to be deleted. :shock: It had become AWARE! :o :shock: :?

The "X" for deleting a post is only available as long as it is the last post in the thread.

That's just it... in those situations I noted, they WERE the last posts in the threads. :o No one had posted after me, let alone an hour or two later, and the "X" for deleting the posts simply wasn't there. :shock: The next day, however, the repeat posts would be gone, possibly due to the webmaster taking care of them.

Nessie wrote:That's when you use Edit and edit your post to whine to the world that it didn't let you delete!

Nessie

Nah, that's when I use "EDIT" and erase everything in the post and leave it blank to occupy space and time. :) I might leave a quick note like, "Post Removed," but no whining.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Board Performance Issues

Postby dlodoski » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Just an update -

Improvements have been made, but there are still issues - and we are working on them.

I will post to this thread again when we are clear of all issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Dave
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Another Update -

After chasing after several issues that didn't actually fix the problem (although in each case GoDaddy said it would), and showing that we had dealt with them, GoDaddy has finally admitted that something is wrong on their end. Sad to say, but in the course of trying to get the board performance back to normal, this has to be considered progress.

So, Kookus has gone well out of his way fixing stuff that wasn't broken or should never have become an issue, and we're still suffering from spotty response times.

I'll post more updates as needed.

Dave

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks, Dave and Kookus, for all your time and effort!

It never fails... it's NEVER GoDaddy's (or whichever provider you'd like to add) fault, until after the webmaster has done everything possible to fix things just to find out the problem really does exist on the provider's side of the house.

Anyway, thanks for the update and effort!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:50 pm

It's funny how things work out sometimes.

This morning (on the first anniversary of Quicksand Fans being active), I received an email, identical to the one received on February 21st, indicating that we have been moved to a new server. Considering how much grief we have been through in the the interim, this has to be considered good news.

I've been logged in only a short time, but the response seems pretty good. Hopefully all of the errors are gone as well.

I wonder how long the habit of 'copying everything before posting' will linger?

And, before I forget. Thank you everyone for your patience!

Dave

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:49 am

No worries! And thank you and your tech team for your persistance! :D

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:12 am

dlodoski wrote:I wonder how long the habit of 'copying everything before posting' will linger?

I found that I never had to worry about losing the text, because whenever I clicked the "Submit" button and nothing happened or there was an error, I would check the postings and notice that my posting did get successfully submitted after all! 8-)

It is great to have the board running smoothly again! :D

PM2K wrote:No worries! And thank you and your tech team for your persistance! :D

Ditto! :D
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:37 am

Ah, yes, it is running quite smoothly now. Things do seem to be moving much quicker and in a very responsive manner. Many thanks, Dave, to you and your IT Team!

Return to “General Discussion”