Happy Birthday to Quicksand Fans!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
bart1997

Re: Happy Birthday to Quicksand Fans!

Postby bart1997 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack c

Postby jack c » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:04 am

This has been by far the best site of this genre that I have encountered in my 12 years searching and lurking on line. I have enjoyed abandoning lurker status, posting, and posting stories on Quicksandfans. It has been well managed and the variety of people on the site has been fantastic. Thanks, Dave, for originating the idea, and thanks to the other administrators for producing such a quality venue for the rest of us. I hope to post more stories soon.

- Jack

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:16 am

This community is really one-of-a-kind. I am terribly thankful to be living in an age where we can talk on phones that have no cords, fly halfway around the world in merely 23 hours, and anonymously associate with like-minded quicksand fetishists on this giant network we call the Internet. Thanks to all the contributors and sponsors of this forum for making it all possible.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:26 am

bart1997 wrote:One addition:
I follow some other forums of various topics, over there are ALWAYS lots of people insulting each other and just posting total rubbish. In fact the friendliest and most normal community can be found just here!

Things like this are great to hear. Learning from past experience helped Dave to set an ethical environment that we have all tried to adhere to. It's certainly not always going to be perfect but when the leadership sets a good standard it makes it a lot easier.

I would also venture to say that most posters are responsible adults. They don't come here looking to win arguments, bash each other, etc. We are all here for a common purpose and that is not served by division and name calling. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”