I’m new

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
JohntaviousWilliams

I’m new

Postby JohntaviousWilliams » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:43 am

So, I recently discovered this website and now I'm in it..cool. So I have a the tidal area that is close to my house and the mud there is bottomless but hard to get out of when stuck. Any thoughts?

Boggyhoo

Re: I’m new

Postby Boggyhoo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm

JohntaviousWilliams wrote:So, I recently discovered this website and now I'm in it..cool. So I have a the tidal area that is close to my house and the mud there is bottomless but hard to get out of when stuck. Any thoughts?

Yes. I am new too.

BH

duuudeization

Postby duuudeization » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Good to see you both!
Its all about peace and love and good happiness stuff

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:05 am

Welcome!

I think it you want to get in the mud and safely get out, you’d want to have a large board or something with surface area to grab on to. A rope doesn’t work too well.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 pm

enjoy the site!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 am

watch the tide schedule. go out as soon as the reseding tide is off it, and plan on pulling out long before lowtide. board of wood or plastic should be just the thing to use you can push down on it and it spread your pushing force over a large area. use two to make step stones to work your self out to the spot you want to sink at.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:09 pm

You best option is to have another mudman with you in case you get stuck. Another option might be once of those emergency backcountry transponders.

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Oh yes, forget to mention and since there is so little to go on in your profile, please forgive me if this is not on target, if you are having difficulty moving in the mud, consider developing additional muscle. Working out in the mud tends to develop more muscle on its own but there's nothing wrong with helping that process out by learning to pump iron, fast walking, running, and/or bicycling. If you're going to be an outdoor mudman, you'll get more out of your mud visits in the long haul if you condition yourself now for your chosen path as a mud fetishist...

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:07 pm

JohntaviousWilliams wrote: Any thoughts?

Yes... my thought is "you are lucky!"

Welcome to the forum!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “General Discussion”