Does wearing shoes make it harder to escape quicksand?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
lonesinker

Re: Does wearing shoes make it harder to escape quicksand?

Postby lonesinker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:52 pm

I am thinking wearing shoes when mud exploring could save your feet from getting scraped really bad. I mud walked thru this deep mud swamp last summer and the surface and edges were very inviting but had hidden branches and possibly a log way underneath,that one experience wasn't so great.
Also going bare feet you will have to give yourself a good pedicure but also with shoes the same I suppose. I find wearing shoes especially boots can hold you in the thicker stuff. I wouldn't attempt going in with waders, I am sure getting out would be a struggle even dangerous if you cant extricate yourself. So at the end of the day I would wear the shoes to save my feet but always prefer shoeless. To answer the question I would say it depends on the type of quicksand or mud that you are in and do you want to risk losing your shoes? The type of mud and quicksand I encounter is bog and swamp mud,something like pluff mud and muskeg,its very hard to maneuver thru it. :|

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 pm

This is not about wearing shoes but I think is close enough to the topic to be valid in this thread.

Other kinds of clothing can complicate getting out as well. There have been several times when a scene being shot at my studio involved a full-length dress, a gown, or other items with many folds of cloth. The folds of cloth tend to trap a LOT of mud between them. To the extent the folds prevent the trapped mud from sliding off as the wearer tries to climb out, a great deal of weight is added. There have been at least two occasions when it was utterly impossible for the actress to get out while still wearing the garment. It was, of course, easy enough to slide out of the garment while still in the mud, but if that were to be necessary in a less private location that a film studio it could leave a person in a rather embarrassing situation.

As an aside, the first time this happened, the garment, which was a full length evening gown, was left behind in the mud. It was a night scene and on the final night of the shoot so there was no immediate need to haul it out. After everyone had gone home, except me of course, I had to haul it out of the pit. It took close to an hour to do it and I am a relatively strong person. It took another couple of hours to bucket clean the gown to the point it could go into a washer, but it got done and I believe the gown is still in the wardrobe collection.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Fred588 wrote:This is not about wearing shoes but I think is close enough to the topic to be valid in this thread.

Other kinds of clothing can complicate getting out as well. There have been several times when a scene being shot at my studio involved a full-length dress, a gown, or other items with many folds of cloth.

You're absolutely correct. I was always apathetic about footwear but I am a princess-gown lover!

I would have had more purely fun sinkings...and more shoots...with me or actresses wearing these items if only they weren't so stinkin' hard to extract, not to mention, you're not done after you've gotten it out of the mudpit. Carrying it to the cleanup and then to the car...yikes. I didn't even try. I had little or no crew available (this was only different at your place), so I was on my own with toting everything.

I spent more time dreaming of prom gowns while buying sinkwear, only to come out with a form-fitting tank top or a miniskirt.

As for modesty, a girl can always wear a swimsuit underneath.

I still have a pink ruffled strapless dress I bought for a purely recreational sinking in a clay pit. It was only knee-length. The muck was so heavy that it partially tore most of the ruffles from the skirt.

Nessie

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Yes, ever so true, it is not just footwear that can be a problem! My favorite thing to wear in the mud is a long dress but I always first make sure that I can get out of it through the top as in thick mud most of the time it will be too heavy to get out of the mud with it on. Sometimes that entails ripping a seam or two out so that the dress can be easily ripped to provide enough room to slip out of . Note also that when wearing the really long dresses I prefer, they may stretch such that your feet become tangled in them and you'll have to rip the entire dress apart. For that reason, I recommend only cotton or rayon dresses, spandex or nylon is much more difficult to rip.

There is also another more subtle thing to keep in mind if wearing any sort of pants or bodysuit, basically, avoid taking it off as sometimes your feet will not readily slide inside the leg opening and the more you lower the garment to try to free them, the more risk you run that you will have difficulty pulling the garment back up. If you wear that type garment into mud, make sure it stays on and that you can pull yourself out without removing the garment.

maria

Postby maria » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:22 am

mudxdresser wrote:Yes, ever so true, it is not just footwear that can be a problem! My favorite thing to wear in the mud is a long dress but I always first make sure that I can get out of it through the top as in thick mud most of the time it will be too heavy to get out of the mud with it on. Sometimes that entails ripping a seam or two out so that the dress can be easily ripped to provide enough room to slip out of . Note also that when wearing the really long dresses I prefer, they may stretch such that your feet become tangled in them and you'll have to rip the entire dress apart. For that reason, I recommend only cotton or rayon dresses, spandex or nylon is much more difficult to rip.

There is also another more subtle thing to keep in mind if wearing any sort of pants or bodysuit, basically, avoid taking it off as sometimes your feet will not readily slide inside the leg opening and the more you lower the garment to try to free them, the more risk you run that you will have difficulty pulling the garment back up. If you wear that type garment into mud, make sure it stays on and that you can pull yourself out without removing the garment.

I maybe took it too far one day when my rubber hip waders filled up with quickmud. I was enjoying the struggle to get out when I was down to my thighs and in the frenzy I didn't really notice the mud creeping up to the rims of my waders. Then I felt it soaking through my pantyhose and around my backside :o (I was wearing a mini skirt at the time).

Without a doubt I was getting more and more stuck with every move and as I tried pulling one boot up the other leg just kept pushing deeper into the thick sandy mud deep down. Another fifteen minutes of struggling and I was waist deep and no solid bottom under my feet. The surface around me had turned to jelly and I had nothing solid to push up on. I trashed around for another ten minutes and lost pretty much all my energy.

It was the only time I've really panicked and nearly an hour in I was down to my chest. My waders felt like setting concrete around my legs and soooo heavy, but I couldn't move them at all. I dug through the surface to find my belt that was holding the waders up and managed to undo it - I thought I'd be able to just slip out of the waders and come back another time to retrieve them. No such luck I was thoroughly stuck to the point of hardly being able to move anything below my waist. I was locked in a serious quickmud situation.

Meanwhile the camera had overheated and turned off and I was down to my armpits. I think the only thing stopping me from sinking deeper was my arms floating on the surface and the volume of my chest :roll: . By this time I was thinking about calling for help (no phone - just shouting) but then the embarrassment of the situation killed that thought. Mud had started to splatter up my neck and all around my shoulders and I was starting to get into a real mess - physically and emotionally.

I had no option but to claw the mud from around me until I had dug a sloppy hole and could see the top of one wader. The rubber of the shafts of my waders had folded around my thighs and was seriously squeezing them to the point where it was painful. I couldn't move my legs at all -it was like total bondage down below - a mixture of rubber, sand and mud filled boots. I was exhausted and trapped.

The more I stood still the more the wobbly mud flowed back into the hole. I had to get out and had no intention of making into the local newspaper. I think the fact of being publically humiliated spurred me on and another hour, yes one more hour, and I finally managed to get my hands under the heel of one boot and was barely able to get it to the surface. Because I was more or less chest deep, having one mud filled boot on the surface and the other sunken vertically down, I felt like I was doing the spits and then cramp set in!! It was agony not expected and I have no idea how I did it, but I pulled my other wader out despite the pull and suction of the mud. I was now covered from ear to toe in this quickmud stuff - clay and super fine sand.

The rest is history apart from the strained hip I got out of it! If you like being stuck and are in no danger of incoming tides and a watery demise, try wearing boots :o And of course, don't do it alone unless you are absolutely sure you can get out safely.

Has anyone else had a similar experience wearing rubber boots or waders?

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Maria, secretly i was hoping for you to answer in this thread with one of your fantastic experiences. Is there a video from this particular sink on Youtube? (i vaguely remember reading something about a passing out battery in one of the descriptions, but you delete them so fast ;) )

I have never lost a boot to mud but it has been close a couple times. Your story reminds me of my own experiences in tidal mud. I know a secluded bay that has different types and depths of mud in it. Though, it is nowhere possible to sink past your armpits and i tried that a lot. :lol:
I use that area for some booted and really messy fun including swamping my gear. One part of the mudflat is too soft to walk over, but it's possible to crawl quite safely over it. Trying to cross this spot with hipwaders is always a lot of fun, especially when the danger of flooding them becomes greater and greater and every wrong move will drive me dangerously deep in. That's exactly the thrilling part for me and the reason why i do not visit this area with my "full-sinking" armpit-high waders (no danger of swamping them).
When it happens those mud-filled boots do really get heavy and this is also the only situation i experienced something like "being pulled down" by the mud itself. Trying to move them leads exactly to sinking deeper and deeper with every try. So far i was still always able to pull them out on my own without digging a hole around me (also hardly possible because of the muds consistency).
A self-rescue is only possible because i always, always, ALWAYS bring a long branch of wood with me that gives leverage when i'm trying to pull me back up. Just like at your spot all the surrounding mud quickly turns into soft grey goo that helps you zero and when there is nothing to grab, it becomes really desperate.

I vaguely remember we discussed those tidal mud-traps before and apparently they are called "honey pots" by some guys. There is also a nugget that quite exactly shows the type of area i'm talking about/sinking in: https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/v ... -2828.aspx
On a sidenote i suggest (again), that sinking wear should be as tight-fitting as possible. I changed my fishing-hipwaders quite some time ago for these swedish fashion-ones: https://acquoofsweden.com/portfolio/ The tallest ones of them are equally tall as guys-waders but have a much better fit (at least for me). And they are much more durable than they look, try them out when you can afford them! (so much for influencing :lol: )
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

maria

Postby maria » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Unfortunately there's not much of a video of the situation, but there is something somewhere in the archives.

As for the Acquo boots ... if I were ever to be fortunate enough to own a pair of those divine heeled Manhatten's I would be beside myself! I can't imagine what trouble I'd get into testing them out to the absolute limit ;) Imagine those beautiful long rubbery shafts gliding deeper and deeper and then the thrill and confusion of knowing you've made a step too far ... :o

MoTU

Postby MoTU » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:00 pm

I enjoy reading folks' experiences with suction on boots, since that plays an important part in my fantasy. The idea that rain boots protect you from the muck, but if you find yourself in a deeper spot it'll only serve to drive you deeper. Sadly I don't have much personal experience with them, haven't sunk my boots much below the rims and even that was years and years ago. But, it makes for some potent roleplay and storytelling when someone who's "prepared" for the swamp finds themselves inexorably trapped and pulling themselves down deeper. I wish more fetish writers enjoyed this aspect too, since I think there's untapped potential with properly-dressed swampgoers falling victim to the muck.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:42 pm

MoTU wrote:I enjoy reading folks' experiences with suction on boots, since that plays an important part in my fantasy. The idea that rain boots protect you from the muck, but if you find yourself in a deeper spot it'll only serve to drive you deeper. Sadly I don't have much personal experience with them, haven't sunk my boots much below the rims and even that was years and years ago. But, it makes for some potent roleplay and storytelling when someone who's "prepared" for the swamp finds themselves inexorably trapped and pulling themselves down deeper. I wish more fetish writers enjoyed this aspect too, since I think there's untapped potential with properly-dressed swampgoers falling victim to the muck.

+1
Of course with a victim with small feet and slim legs. Allows much easier sinking :D
Such kind of stories are rare, but you are one of the writers of them!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

maria

Postby maria » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 pm

bogbud wrote:
MoTU wrote:I enjoy reading folks' experiences with suction on boots, since that plays an important part in my fantasy. The idea that rain boots protect you from the muck, but if you find yourself in a deeper spot it'll only serve to drive you deeper. Sadly I don't have much personal experience with them, haven't sunk my boots much below the rims and even that was years and years ago. But, it makes for some potent roleplay and storytelling when someone who's "prepared" for the swamp finds themselves inexorably trapped and pulling themselves down deeper. I wish more fetish writers enjoyed this aspect too, since I think there's untapped potential with properly-dressed swampgoers falling victim to the muck.

+1
Of course with a victim with small feet and slim legs. Allows much easier sinking :D
Such kind of stories are rare, but you are one of the writers of them!

+2
I love sinking in the appropriate attire, getting stuck in it, filming the moment and if it's a memorable one - writing about it too :P

Imagine a separate Board section devoted just to this side fetish of the broad quicksand theme - hopefully we'll read and see more :D

Return to “General Discussion”