Holy Grail finally found

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
klib21

Holy Grail finally found

Postby klib21 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 am

Welp, after a couple years of searching, i've finally found the best spot ever (for me). It's not perfectly secluded, but it's awesome. It's a clearing in a dense forest, like you read about in all those stories. It's been raining steadily since like Friday, it was very humid, so i decided it was perfect for searching.

Did i mention yet that the deepest i've ever been, ever, was halfway up my calves? Until today. Today was like a dream almost come true. The attached picture is how deep i got... just by stepping into it. I wasn't expecting to find anything, so I hadn't really prepared for any deep mud, and i had to be in public afterward, so i had to keep clothing clean. I didn't really want to get my pants muddy, but they would have if i had tried to go further down. It seemed very deep.

I'm going back tomorrow... well today, seeing as it's 2AM :? I'm going to wear swimming shorts and a t-shirt i don't care about too much. And a change of clothes, and a towel, and two bottles of water. And I'm going to see how deep it goes.

Also, the mud's surface is very much alive with all sorts of small greenery, algae, and oh yeah, a bunch of little spiders. Man, there were a bunch of little spiders :shock:
So um, any and all recommendations for sinking would be cool!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bart1997

Re: Holy Grail finally found

Postby bart1997 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

klib21

Postby klib21 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:42 am

Covered in bug bites :D

More when i have time.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri May 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Awesome! Welcome to the "doer" side of QS.

This summer, if I can manage it, I plan to dig my 3' deep natural swamp deeper if I can, and add a few bags of peat to make it less watery. Will report back when/if.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat May 08, 2010 3:44 am

Nice! Congrats on finding your spot! :D

It took me nearly 15 years and tons of cultivating to first find and then get my pit just right... and it has remained so for the last five years or so.

Alas, it's optimal time is mid July to the end of August, so I have a while to go yet... :( .... but it does give me something to look forward to! :D

Return to “General Discussion”