Willing sinking scenarios

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
quagmire_uk

Re: Willing sinking scenarios

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Mynock wrote:I like "conflicted" sinks where the lady in the pit is turned on by sinking in, but comes to their senses for a few seconds and realizes the danger, but in the end they're too overwhelmed by the sexual aspect to escape, and go under terrified and turned on at the same time. MPV's "Ignorance is Bliss"

Yeah that's very much my thing too. MPV's older scene "Lost Her Grip" with Lena is one of my favourites for that reason, despite the fact that normally I prefer scenes where the damsel escapes.

A woman with a mud or quicksand fetish goes there with a rope to enjoy the mud, and when she's finished she tries to grab it, it's a little bit far but with a bit of struggle she could probably reach it. However, as she tries to move to reach it, the sensation of moving in the quicksand sets her off again, she has another orgasm, and she sinks a bit deeper. The rope is further out of reach now! Each time she recovers, she tries to get to the rope again, but the sensations are just too much for her, so she orgasms to her doom. The first couple of times she looks a bit upset about the situation, but by the time she's going under she's completely in the throes of pleasure. I'm not a fan of grim scenes where a damsel disappears while screaming or crying in terror, but "going out with a bang", moaning with pleasure, that's a different matter.

Bondagecafe has a scene that at first seems like it might be a similar "conflicted" scene, but ends up not quite doing that. It's still a brilliant scene though. It stars Angela Sommers in a shiny black fetish outfit, she goes to a quicksand pit with a vibrator and a rope. She's then disappointed when it doesn't seem very deep, so she sits in the quicksand and rolls around and uses the vibrator. It includes a nice bit where she's on all fours, an angle we don't see much in many quicksand scenes. Once she's done, she says "shame I couldn't sink", and stands up..., but it seems the combination of her churning up the mud and then standing and putting her full weight on her feet is enough for her to then break through some kind of thick layer, goo bubbles up around her legs, she's stuck fast and starts to sink, and the rope is out of reach!

While thrashing around and trying to figure out a way to escape she grabs the vibrator for a moment, then looks at it like "well, how is that going to help me?!" and throws it away. Personally, I felt that was a missed opportunity - she's got a quicksand fetish, she wanted to sink, and now she actually is sinking, so to me it wouldn't seem too implausible for her to then want to indulge and use the vibrator a bit more, maybe with the mistaken belief that she can figure out a way to escape in a few minutes after she's had a bit more fun. But I guess Fred588's point makes sense, if someone were actually in trouble in quicksand - even if they had a fetish - their worry about not sinking to their doom would probably override any arousal. Presumably Jim Weathers felt the same way when scripting that scene.

Bondagecafe does have another scene that has a great twist on the "willing" or "conflicted" victim idea. The superheroine O-Girl is captured and put in a white-walled chamber, on a plank above a brown quicksand pit. The plank is then retracted, and she's stuck ankle deep in the sand. The quicksand has some special nerve-stimulating arousal property, causing O-Girl to squirm and move and struggle, and the more she moves the deeper she sinks. She knows she should stay still to avoid sinking, but as more and more of her body comes into contact with the substance, she bucks and writhes more and more. So it's a conflict between her instinct for survival, and her body's response to sexual stimulation. She sinks to her "doom", although the whole thing is framed as the villain's dream/fantasy rather than reality.

A scenario I've always wanted to see is some kind of safari explorer, or tomb raider, or Dungeons & Dragons style swords-and-sorcery adventurer, being influenced by some magic or spell that causes them incredible arousal. Perhaps caused by a magical artifact they've stolen, or perhaps an evil wizard or sorceress directly putting a spell on them and taunting them. Under this magical influence they have to fight hard to resist the urge to touch themselves, to concentrate so they don't get ambushed by enemies or traps. Then they stumble into quicksand, something that such an experienced adventurer would normally be able to overcome without too much difficulty... but the magical arousal means the sensations of sinking become erotic, and they are betrayed by their own body. That would allow a "willing" or "conflicted" scene where the character doesn't need to have a quicksand fetish, and where the quicksand itself could be a completely "normal" natural pit with no special powers or properties.

Mynock wrote:I have to admit part of the thrill of sinking irl for me is that under the right (wrong) circumstances you might not make it back out. It's kind of an adrenaline junkie thing.

While I don't have much irl sinking experience, for me the big turn-on about quicksand in stories and videos is the danger, the fact that the quicksand has the potential to be a deadly trap. So although I prefer scenes where
the victim escapes or is rescued, I don't think I'd enjoy those scenes so much if I didn't also watch or read other scenes that ended in doom. Quicksand having a reputation for being deadly isn't quite enough... the fact that I watch films, or read stories, or watch scenes by quicksand producers in which heroes, villains and innocent people are sucked down to their doom helps to make every other scene a much more compelling life-or-death struggle, and the escapes/rescues more satisfying.

One of my favourite TV scenes is the Return of Callisto episode of Xena Warrior Princess, where both the heroine and villainess fall into quicksand while fighting. Callisto thinks they are both going to die, but then Xena escapes, and she then watches Callisto sink to her doom. It doesn't feel like a "grim" scene to me because the goodie escapes, the one who sinks is a villain who deserves her fate. (Although in subsequent episodes Xena struggles with the morality of not rescuing her.) Callisto's grim demise makes Xena's escape all the more satisfying, if it weren't for luck or her skill she could have met the same fate.

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:03 pm

While my ideal scenario would probably be considered unwilling, I like for the quicksand to have a mesmerizing effect on its prey. At first she's fascinated with how the seemingly shallow mud steadily gives way, feeling constantly on the verge of hitting a solid bottom, but it is always just a little deeper, deeper, deeper. Attempts to escape are half-hearted, even playful. Soon enough she'll touch down on the solid bottom... right...?

By the time it occurs to her that she may never be touching bottom, she's stuck too deep. Branches and vines are, of course, just out of reach. As she sinks to what would be her buoyancy point and beyond, astonishment takes hold again. Weather it's helpless distress, or building toward the best orgasm she's ever had, or something else, I don't necessarily need to know. Overt panicked thrashing or unconcerned sexual thrusting often serve to pull focus away from what I'm here for: the steady progression of the deadly quicksand, captivating and claiming her attention as well as her body.

Consciously she doesn't want to die, but in a sense she cannot help but give herself to the quicksand; only a lucky break or the appearance of a rescuer can save her from herself. Scenarios with this tension between conscious and unconscious desire are so much more dynamic and alive to me than those with total willingness or unwillingness.

I'm generally a grim fan, but can be happy as long as the moment she realizes she's doomed hits (even if she ends up surviving), willing or unwilling. My least favorite type of story is one that never even bothers to convincingly establish the quicksand as dangerous.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:00 pm

ghostofmyeyes wrote:While my ideal scenario would probably be considered unwilling, I like for the quicksand to have a mesmerizing effect on its prey. At first she's fascinated with how the seemingly shallow mud steadily gives way, feeling constantly on the verge of hitting a solid bottom, but it is always just a little deeper, deeper, deeper. Attempts to escape are half-hearted, even playful. Soon enough she'll touch down on the solid bottom... right...?

By the time it occurs to her that she may never be touching bottom, she's stuck too deep. Branches and vines are, of course, just out of reach. As she sinks to what would be her buoyancy point and beyond, astonishment takes hold again. Weather it's helpless distress, or building toward the best orgasm she's ever had, or something else, I don't necessarily need to know. Overt panicked thrashing or unconcerned sexual thrusting often serve to pull focus away from what I'm here for: the steady progression of the deadly quicksand, captivating and claiming her attention as well as her body.

Consciously she doesn't want to die, but in a sense she cannot help but give herself to the quicksand; only a lucky break or the appearance of a rescuer can save her from herself. Scenarios with this tension between conscious and unconscious desire are so much more dynamic and alive to me than those with total willingness or unwillingness.

I'm generally a grim fan, but can be happy as long as the moment she realizes she's doomed hits (even if she ends up surviving), willing or unwilling. My least favorite type of story is one that never even bothers to convincingly establish the quicksand as dangerous.

I agree with most of what you said, except I don't mind a successful escape (without imminent doom and without external help). To me a story is the most interesting when I do not know which way it will end (which is why I don't like seeing tags such as grim and don't use them myself). Any story needs some conflict to be interesting and that can be done at various levels even with quicksand (eg. physical struggle against quicksand or internal struggle between lust and survival instincts). A simple willing sink without the slightest struggle of any kind is just a writer's fantasy. The only conflict there might be with the reader's expectation that the character would at some point at least attempt to escape, and that by itself is not much to built on.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 pm

doltonutani wrote:With another thread made in the story section, I felt a discussion topic more fitted here so decided to make one.

I'm mostly interested in hearing from people who're into the ever so rare voluntary/consensual sinking scenarios, where people sink into quicksand of their own free will rather than the more common damsel in distress kind. Honestly interested in what sorts of fantasies some here have in this regard, and what they prefer.

I personally am a very big fan of willing grim scenarios myself. While I know they're not particularly realistic, there is something about the idea of someone stepping into quicksand and just letting themselves sink all the way under, giving themselves to it entirely.

I've always been quite fond of the idea of a somewhat secret fetish group who go out and indulge quicksand related fantasies, with some who join to watch, and others who join to actively live out the fantasy of sinking. These people gathering at pits of deep mud they've found and watching someone, or multiple people, sinking into it until they go under, casually enjoying the show as they watch people disappear into mud, never to be seen again. I generally like the idea of the people sinking to be enjoying themselves, reveling in their last moments as they indulge their ultimate fantasy, possibly even a group of women participating in group sex as they all slowly sink together while people around the pool watch on.

It's not a very realistic fantasy, I'll fully admit, but it is hot to think about personally. Very much interested in hearing the ideas of anyone else on here who's into this very specific kind of sinking.

That pretty much sums up EVERYONE IN HERE. So obviously it’s considerably more realistic than you thought. You don’t actually think this is a group that accidentally fell into quicksand do you? Every time I’m in quicksand it’s because I volunteered to do so. Nobody made me. The only part that’s not realistic is the part about not being seen again. Until my lungs can safely extract oxygen from quicksand with no harmful side effects, I won’t be staying under for very long. But I’ll stay under as long as air still manages to somehow get down to me. I sank beneath my local tidal mud three different times on the same day less than a week ago. Lucky for me that I was still able to get air...barely. The most enjoyable sinking was when I slipped beneath the surface, but left behind a tunnel through the mud that I could still see up through. It obviously wasn’t a very long tunnel, but it still had the top of my head about a foot beneath the surface. I was sinking vertically as well, putting my feet more than six feet below the surface. Nearly all my sinkings are under or within an inch of going under. It’s that air thing though...I’m addicted to it.

RedLikeRubies

Postby RedLikeRubies » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 am

Sinkman61 wrote:
doltonutani wrote:With another thread made in the story section, I felt a discussion topic more fitted here so decided to make one.

I'm mostly interested in hearing from people who're into the ever so rare voluntary/consensual sinking scenarios, where people sink into quicksand of their own free will rather than the more common damsel in distress kind. Honestly interested in what sorts of fantasies some here have in this regard, and what they prefer.

I personally am a very big fan of willing grim scenarios myself. While I know they're not particularly realistic, there is something about the idea of someone stepping into quicksand and just letting themselves sink all the way under, giving themselves to it entirely.

I've always been quite fond of the idea of a somewhat secret fetish group who go out and indulge quicksand related fantasies, with some who join to watch, and others who join to actively live out the fantasy of sinking. These people gathering at pits of deep mud they've found and watching someone, or multiple people, sinking into it until they go under, casually enjoying the show as they watch people disappear into mud, never to be seen again. I generally like the idea of the people sinking to be enjoying themselves, reveling in their last moments as they indulge their ultimate fantasy, possibly even a group of women participating in group sex as they all slowly sink together while people around the pool watch on.

It's not a very realistic fantasy, I'll fully admit, but it is hot to think about personally. Very much interested in hearing the ideas of anyone else on here who's into this very specific kind of sinking.

That pretty much sums up EVERYONE IN HERE. So obviously it’s considerably more realistic than you thought. You don’t actually think this is a group that accidentally fell into quicksand do you? Every time I’m in quicksand it’s because I volunteered to do so. Nobody made me. The only part that’s not realistic is the part about not being seen again. Until my lungs can safely extract oxygen from quicksand with no harmful side effects, I won’t be staying under for very long. But I’ll stay under as long as air still manages to somehow get down to me. I sank beneath my local tidal mud three different times on the same day less than a week ago. Lucky for me that I was still able to get air...barely. The most enjoyable sinking was when I slipped beneath the surface, but left behind a tunnel through the mud that I could still see up through. It obviously wasn’t a very long tunnel, but it still had the top of my head about a foot beneath the surface. I was sinking vertically as well, putting my feet more than six feet below the surface. Nearly all my sinkings are under or within an inch of going under. It’s that air thing though...I’m addicted to it.

"Addition" is exactly how I'd describe my relationship with quicksand! I've never unwillingly found myself in a pit before, the sensation and pleasure that I get from sinking is just too much.
Want to come sink with me?

Return to “General Discussion”