-

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mynock

Re: Suggestions needed: Best time for sinking mud

Postby Mynock » Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Sounds like you found a great spot. I would wait till it gets warm and try it out with alot less clothes on (preferably just a set of swim trunks). Skins way easier to wash off then clothing and mud soaked clothes and shoes are a real hindrance when you're in deep.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 am

Mynock wrote:Sounds like you found a great spot. I would wait till it gets warm and try it out with alot less clothes on (preferably just a set of swim trunks). Skins way easier to wash off then clothing and mud soaked clothes and shoes are a real hindrance when you're in deep.

I totally agree. The hotter the weather, the better for sinking, since it makes the mud feel so much more comfortable. :) Lack of clothing allows for full sensations of the mud licking/sucking at/holding onto/sticking to/brushing past, your skin. :D If you feel that there is an slight unpredictable chance that you might be seen, then wearing swim trunks would help keep you decent. 8-) You also just need to toxify your body with insect repellent to take care of the biting flies.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:00 am

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun May 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Find a female friend who will come along (even if she doesn't want to go in she can just watch). Then if you get caught just say you were doing something kinky you saw on the internet. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon May 10, 2010 7:08 am

If you go on a very hot day, then you can claim that you were trying to cool off in the water, but things turned out to be muddier than you anticipated.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

bart1997

Totally Stuck: Yes, Sinking: No

Postby bart1997 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:44 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:38 am

I live along the front range in the Denver area and west of here up in the mountains, it's officially "mud season". That's right mud season, it's the time of year when the ski areas area winding down, people exiting quickly and the snow is in full melt. Unfortunately it's still pretty cold up there. Down where I am however there are lots of opportunities for some sinking fun, although I've only recently began discovering them and most of the ones that look REALLY awesome are along the bike path system or otherwise in the public eye. I have had a bit of sinking fun both early morning and later evening just to minimize my contact with others.

However being a resident of this wonderful state for 20+ years I also know that usually by July/August most of the excess moisture dries up and what used to be a nice mud hole is then just a dust bowl. So I guess out here the early part of spring/summer work best. I did find this one spot (i was just about to venture into) that somebody before me poked a stick into and luckily I checked it out with the stick myself because I probably would have instantly gone in waist deep or higher and it was pretty much right off the bike path, perhaps another time. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”