Today was my first real sinking experience!!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Andybarned

Re: Today was my first real sinking experience!!

Postby Andybarned » Thu May 14, 2020 9:19 pm

sandymandy wrote:Wow! That looks amazing! Whereabouts are you in Suffolk?
I live in that area but it is kind of spread out! x

I’ve PM’d you!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Wish I was there to join you!

Andybarned

Postby Andybarned » Wed May 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Just been again... this time with more confidence after all the kind things you all said...

Went to my waist and it was amazing.. next time I’m going even better prepared as these late light nights are going to be a real extra upside!!

Cleaning up is the hardest part I’m finding (he says this whilst laying in the bath :D )

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed May 27, 2020 11:03 pm

Andybarned wrote:Cleaning up is the hardest part I’m finding (he says this whilst laying in the bath :D )

Congrats on finding an awesome spot! One thing about clay though, be very careful about how much of it you wash off in your bath/shower. That stuff can clog a drain like you won't believe! :)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 am

Mynock wrote:
Andybarned wrote:Cleaning up is the hardest part I’m finding (he says this whilst laying in the bath :D )

Congrats on finding an awesome spot! One thing about clay though, be very careful about how much of it you wash off in your bath/shower. That stuff can clog a drain like you won't believe! :)

Anyone who tried to flush their kitty litter down the toilet can probably testify :P
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 am

BogDog wrote:
Mynock wrote:

Anyone who tried to flush their kitty litter down the toilet can probably testify :P

This why we use (ok used before the fire) hot water hoses for cleanup at my Studio. The basic rule is that there must be no visible mud on models before they go to the indoor shower or on laundry before it goes into the washer.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

maria

Postby maria » Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 am

:D :D :D Cleaning up from a sink in thick clay can take longer than the sinking session! I've sometimes had to drive home caked in mud while sitting on big plastic bin liners, then trying to sneak in past the neighbors, who always seem to be nearby when not needed!!!

Best to hose off with the garden hose if you can.

Happy sinking and thanks for telling your story. Lucky you to have found a great place.

Take care.

marshmouse

Postby marshmouse » Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 pm

I spent my misguided youth in just such a location. You've found what only a small percentage of us have - and that's extraordinarily lucky. May your mud pits never go dry.
Peeps!

Musekal

Postby Musekal » Fri May 29, 2020 6:37 pm

I've taken to filling upa couple old 2L pop bottles with water and bring a loofah. One bottle is more than enough to get most off with the loofah loosening everything. The second bottle is good for rinsing what's left.

If it's peat I bring a change of clothes. I'll take the messy clothes off, put the clean clothes on. That's generally enough to hide any mess for me to drive/bike home and get into my apartment. They're all scrap clothes just for these purposes anyway.

Andybarned

Postby Andybarned » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Musekal wrote:I've taken to filling upa couple old 2L pop bottles with water and bring a loofah. One bottle is more than enough to get most off with the loofah loosening everything. The second bottle is good for rinsing what's left.

If it's peat I bring a change of clothes. I'll take the messy clothes off, put the clean clothes on. That's generally enough to hide any mess for me to drive/bike home and get into my apartment. They're all scrap clothes just for these purposes anyway.

Thanks so much that’s a really great idea! I’ve also found a local washer dryer at a garage on my way back so can stop off and clean anything in there which will prevent my machine suffering!!

God I can’t wait to go Sunday.. I’ve bought a tripod read to film it properly this time :P

Return to “General Discussion”