Producer Question

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
qsemergency

Producer Question

Postby qsemergency » Sun May 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Ran into someone I am acquainted to who works in the adult entertainment industry (strip club bouncer)…
When the topic came up as to what the "girls" are doing - he said they are all hurting for money and that many are working for Small operations...
He said your "one man show" video operations are cleaning up … with the availability of talent out there not working - they are getting better looking talent at a bargain price - especially if paying cash.
Was wondering if the producers are finding that to be true?? Is there more talent out there willing to do "quicksand work" than in the past? I assume this would apply to actresses as well as adult entertainers with all the Model/Actress/Waitresses out of work as well.

Fred588
Producer

Re: Producer Question

Postby Fred588 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:59 pm

qsemergency wrote:Ran into someone I am acquainted to who works in the adult entertainment industry (strip club bouncer)…
When the topic came up as to what the "girls" are doing - he said they are all hurting for money and that many are working for Small operations...
He said your "one man show" video operations are cleaning up … with the availability of talent out there not working - they are getting better looking talent at a bargain price - especially if paying cash.
Was wondering if the producers are finding that to be true?? Is there more talent out there willing to do "quicksand work" than in the past? I assume this would apply to actresses as well as adult entertainers with all the Model/Actress/Waitresses out of work as well.

I can only reply for my own studio. First, as a result of the fire I will not be producing at all this summer. Secondly, and more to the point, I would never try to cut what I pay to onscreen talent. I suppose there might be more women looking for gigs but to be frank it has never been a problem to recruit talent.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon May 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Quite frankly, your friend is full of shit. As a club bouncer he has a very broad understanding of the adult industry but it makes sense that he would be poorly informed because he hasn't seen a girl since the current situation began and virtually all adult establishments have been closed. Clubs have been competing for talent with the webcam business like crazy for several years now. Anyone you would want to hire can usually stay home and pay the bills. That part of the business is undergoing a transition similar to adult theaters when home video became popular. Speaking for MPV the talent list is all professional fetish performers, not strippers. They are fairing more or less as well as the rest of us with the best and most established like Kendra James, Star, etc doing just fine. If MPV were going to shoot at all this season it wouldn't have much bearing on the cost of talent. Also, like Fred, Dave pays what it's worth. Not what he can squeeze.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:34 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Quite frankly, your friend is full of shit. As a club bouncer he has a very broad understanding of the adult industry but it makes sense that he would be poorly informed because he hasn't seen a girl since the current situation began and virtually all adult establishments have been closed. Clubs have been competing for talent with the webcam business like crazy for several years now. Anyone you would want to hire can usually stay home and pay the bills. That part of the business is undergoing a transition similar to adult theaters when home video became popular. Speaking for MPV the talent list is all professional fetish performers, not strippers. They are fairing more or less as well as the rest of us with the best and most established like Kendra James, Star, etc doing just fine. If MPV were going to shoot at all this season it wouldn't have much bearing on the cost of talent. Also, like Fred, Dave pays what it's worth. Not what he can squeeze.

Sorry for the silly reply but your last sentence is too inviting a straight line to resist. Any producer, of this or any other stuff, who pays what he can squeeze is likely to be slapped to death.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Quite frankly, your friend is full of shit. As a club bouncer he has a very broad understanding of the adult industry but it makes sense that he would be poorly informed because he hasn't seen a girl since the current situation began and virtually all adult establishments have been closed. Clubs have been competing for talent with the webcam business like crazy for several years now. Anyone you would want to hire can usually stay home and pay the bills. That part of the business is undergoing a transition similar to adult theaters when home video became popular. Speaking for MPV the talent list is all professional fetish performers, not strippers. They are fairing more or less as well as the rest of us with the best and most established like Kendra James, Star, etc doing just fine. If MPV were going to shoot at all this season it wouldn't have much bearing on the cost of talent. Also, like Fred, Dave pays what it's worth. Not what he can squeeze.

As it happens, the factor that made retiring a no-brainer was my lack of confidence in being able to host and pay MPV talent the way everyone had grown accustomed to. We always took pride in how well we treated the models. I wasn't going to let that diminish.

I wish the best to all of the ladies that worked with us. :)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

MichaelL_Photo

Postby MichaelL_Photo » Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi,

Like Fred and Dave, I have a set payment scheme/schedule for models/actresses, who are open to doing quicksand projects with me. While it may be tempting to pay a lower price, I learned early on in this industry that the models chat/talk among themselves, providing referrals, reviews, etc. to potential hires. I built up a good reputation for being fair, professional and trustworthy - something I wish to maintain.

Thanks.

Mike
Soft Dangers
formerly DIDVP
Soft Dangers Visual Productions
michaelleachphoto@gmail.com

Jumpoff_Joe

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 pm

qsemergency wrote:Ran into someone I am acquainted to who works in the adult entertainment industry (strip club bouncer)…

I guess it's my turn to reply.

No, my video operations are not "cleaning up," for a lot of the reasons already mentioned. To add to that, most talent aren't willing to risk getting sick, either. I work to respect all safety concerns for everyone involved, whether it be concerns of hypothermia or dehydration or COVID-19. I am also concerned about my own health and am isolating as much as possible.

That, plus as an essential worker in my other, day job, I am working long hours. My job as a producer of content is suffering as a result.

Return to “General Discussion”