My Very First Sink

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
JohntaviousWilliams

My Very First Sink

Postby JohntaviousWilliams » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:07 am

So I found some very soft mud under an overpass that connects to a creek

I was able to sink under the muck with digging myself into layers. One layer was thick oozy mud, then as I got deeper, I felt soft mud and sand on my feet. I was able to orgasm pretty intensely under the soft mud.

I went waist deep, then drove myself and neck-deep I got scared until I got a ”little excited” and I wanted to get deeper and I sucked myself under the gooey, thick mud.

However, I got some in my nose, in my ears and a little in my mouth. Now I just have to find a quarry and a gravel pit.

But it's weird to be under the softest ground and it being silent.

But it was such a great spot to sink in. First tidal mud experience.
Last edited by JohntaviousWilliams on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mud_dreamer

Re: My Very First Sink

Postby mud_dreamer » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:19 am

Nice find! Tidal mud is pretty consistent compared to what I have here. I have found a lot of good mud under bridges but our streams are always changing. Sand and gravel can be washed into the nicest deepest mud.

Today I paddled my kayak to one of my bridge locations which is usually good but the water level is so low that most of the mud has become too dense to sink into. The only wet mud was covered with dead minnows that became trapped when the water level went down. Where is a hungry raccoon when you need him? I am sure that this location will come back to life when we get some more rain.

Where I am, I need ten locations to have one or two sure bets.

mud_dreamer

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:08 am

It's probably full of waste, garbage and stuff that was washed down from that bridge.
Don't know if that is a good idea no matter how deep and creamy it is...
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:33 pm

get your sink on video for us? :)

mud_dreamer

Postby mud_dreamer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:48 pm

bogbud wrote:It's probably full of waste, garbage and stuff that was washed down from that bridge.

It never hurts to be cautious about choosing your sinking locations.

I make a point of scrubbing off in the shower as soon as I get home.

One time after a night-time sink I was too tired(lazy) to shower. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep because my skin felt "tingly". I scrubbed off in the shower and was then able to fall back asleep.

I have made a point to avoid sinking in locations under bridges where there is a drain from the roadway directly above. I have noted the puddles created by these overhead drains and I have seen broken glass and sharp metal/plastic objects that have washed down. I stay well away from that and anything just downstream. I have removed some pretty nasty things on our streams but I must say, it could be a lot worse.

I have also found strange colored orange/rusty ooze seeping out of the stream bank in several locations. My best guess is that there is metal(iron) buried there and the ooze is rusty water flowing on top of a hard clay layer. Or ... it could be a steel drum that contains something hazardous. I paddle right past those spots every time.

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 am

bogbud wrote:It's probably full of waste, garbage and stuff that was washed down from that bridge.

Yup. No doubt. It’s probably much, MUCH DEEPER, but stuck under all that mud is a 1955 Cadillac Eldorado with its family of 25 still on their way to Walt Disney World for summer vacation!!!

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am

So here in PA, I’ve seen that orange ooze coming out in random places and I have no idea what it is/where it’s from. My thought was that it was related to underground mining or something. But that doesn’t make sense since I’ve seen it along a bunch of random streams in different areas.

mud_dreamer wrote:
I have also found strange colored orange/rusty ooze seeping out of the stream bank in several locations. My best guess is that there is metal(iron) buried there and the ooze is rusty water flowing on top of a hard clay layer. Or ... it could be a steel drum that contains something hazardous. I paddle right past those spots every time.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 am

Depending on the location, orange ooze may be something of human origin and possibly hazardous, or it could be completely natural. In a pristine meadow with water seeping out of the ground, I encountered a number of places with orange coloration (orange algae, or algae stained orange?). In this thread, some of the photos show natural seeps with algae that are orange:

https://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6712&start=41
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “General Discussion”