Real life quicksand article

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions

Sinkman61

Re: Real life quicksand article

Postby Sinkman61 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:36 pm

No doubt those guys were out on a sinking adventure when someone saw them in the mud and called for help. That’s always my biggest concern about getting caught. Otherwise I couldn’t care if I got caught or not. The simple truth is, most people are actually wishing they could join you and would do just that if they could muster up enough guts to actually do it. They probably out number the ones that think you’re nuttier than a fruit cake by about 10 to 1. But then there’s always the guy that’ll go and call you in as being desperately stuck in quicksand and in need of emergency rescue without bothering to ask you first. I was playing around with quicksand on the beach along the Intercoastal when such a guy went by in his boat. Thankfully he asked me first. I was about waist deep when he went zooming by. But about 10 seconds later he whipped his boat around and came running towards me at full throttle. So I worked my way back out. I had hoped to get chest deep or more, as this was a great quicksand spot. I’ll try that area again on a day with far fewer boaters out running around.

Return to “General Discussion”