Black & white videos versus color - is there a preference

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
BogDog

Re: Black & white videos versus color - is there a preference

Postby BogDog » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 pm

mudxdresser wrote:I grew up with black and white television and when we were finally able to afford a color television, I never looked back.

Heh-heh. In 1964 we got our first color TV (I was 4). But I was still watching a 13" B&W television in my bedroom as late as 1977.

Am I the only one who was shocked to eventually find out that Herman Munster was blue?

ImageImage

B&W was fine for horror and monster movies. I like color for everything else though.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Fred588 wrote:
mudxdresser wrote:Incidentally, is there a video that goes with the Jane-217.jpg photo? Couldn't find anything by that name on the Studio 588 list...

I am not sure about 217 but for the one labelled 218 see scene 465. The specific photos may have been filmed separately (I do not specifically remember) but the scene I mentioned is probably the one.

I wrote and directed the scene. It's difficult to be objective but let's just say I'm probably a better photographer. Ironically it was all inspired by a b/w photo. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:05 pm

BogDog wrote:
Am I the only one who was shocked to eventually find out that Herman Munster was blue?

You were not. In the 1960s I owned a Herman Munster talking puppet, and it was definitely green!

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”