News from the Great Swamp! Now featuring the World's First Quicksand Clock! :D

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Rusty Shackleford

Re: News from the Great Swamp! Tours available NOW! :D

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:50 am

This was really great - I'm guessing this was done in Twine? Love the interactive story, that's a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing!

Rusty

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:This was really great - I'm guessing this was done in Twine? Love the interactive story, that's a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing!

Rusty

Yes, it is done in Twine and I am still working on expanding it. The Northern Peat Bogs are becoming a bit more complex than I originally intended.

Glad you enjoyed your tour! Come back anytime! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:02 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but your images, all .png as far as I can tell, seemingly act like .gifs? Acting like .gifs in that, every few seconds, certain ones will shift focus from background to foreground and back again. Maybe it's just my computer, or maybe it's a result of their high resolution, and maybe it's intentional on your part. If it is, it's absolutely brilliant. If not, it's still brilliant.

Never seen .pngs do that before, I just think it's neat.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Ace wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but your images, all .png as far as I can tell, seemingly act like .gifs? Acting like .gifs in that, every few seconds, certain ones will shift focus from background to foreground and back again. Maybe it's just my computer, or maybe it's a result of their high resolution, and maybe it's intentional on your part. If it is, it's absolutely brilliant. If not, it's still brilliant.

Never seen .pngs do that before, I just think it's neat.

Oooh, someone noticed. ;) I guess others have probably noticed it before, but you are the first one to bring it up.

And yes, (Animated)PNGs can do that. And since MS Edge is now based on Chromium, all major browsers finally support it. I have created a few APNGs before (eg. Sinking Archaeologist #8).

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Oh huh, I somehow had no idea animated PNGs were a thing, haha. Very cool, you put it to excellent use here, and I'm excited to see more of it in the future.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:55 pm

The Great Swamp site is down.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:46 pm

SinkerCutie wrote:The Great Swamp site is down.

Yes, I just found out myself. Hopefully it will be back soon. I suspect this is somehow related to me transferring the domain to a different registrar earlier this month. :/

EDIT: I think I fixed it, but it will still take a while for the change to propagate through the net.

ANOTHER EDIT: It's still down. The web server is still there, but the domain records are gone. I have filed a support ticket with my domain registrar, because nothing I do seems to have an effect.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:27 am

Aiko wrote:... Until then I hope everyone enjoys their tours with Tara. She might be willing to show you a little bit more of the Northern peat bogs now, but there is still more to come at that location. Eventually you should be able to do some in-depth exploration with her. ;)

Done.

Enjoy! :D

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Aiko wrote:
Aiko wrote:... Until then I hope everyone enjoys their tours with Tara. She might be willing to show you a little bit more of the Northern peat bogs now, but there is still more to come at that location. Eventually you should be able to do some in-depth exploration with her. ;)

Done.

Enjoy! :D

*chef's kiss*

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 pm

On my phone, the text gets cut off if it goes on too long...

Return to “General Discussion”