News from the Great Swamp! Now featuring the World's First Quicksand Clock! :D

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Mynock

Re: News from the Great Swamp! Now featuring the World's First Quicksand Clock! :D

Postby Mynock » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm

That's just one of the basic laws of the internet. If you give away anything for free there will inevitably be a couple assholes that will come at you immediatly demanding more. :evil:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Aiko

Re: News from the Great Swamp! Now featuring the World's First Quicksand Clock! :D

Postby Aiko » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:16 pm

dlodoski wrote:
GlasirMaria wrote:....take it easy, we love chur work and I know you do the best!,any info you wish share to us :?:

As it happens, I approve a substantial number of posts in this thread, so I'm quite familiar with it.

And I have bit my tongue many times over the lack of gratitude that comes across in the comments here. Note that I didn't say that there is a genuine lack of gratitude, but rather that is what comes across in the posts.

I don't know how Aiko can keep it together. He must be incredibly dedicated to this and a seriously nice guy. I would have gone off on some of the members here long ago, and probably quit or have taken a long break.

I suggest that next time the site goes down, or an update/notification is not on the usual schedule, to just take a deep breath and wait.

Thanks for speaking up, Dave, but I'm actually fine with people posting about the site being down. I (still) do not have monitoring set up, so sometimes I actually find out about it here first. And just to be clear, the eye-rolling was directed at my current hoster and their subterranean level of service which - unlike any (approved) comment ever made in this thread - actually bothers me.

Also, please do not bite your tongue too hard, I would not want you to injure it. ;)

Mynock wrote:That's just one of the basic laws of the internet. If you give away anything for free there will inevitably be a couple assholes that will come at you immediatly demanding more. :evil:

The way I see it, there's some appreciation for what I do even in the more gimmie-like comments. As long as people respect a "no" for what it is, I don't mind.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:50 pm

The site was back down again and now it is finally hosted elsewhere. The old server was paid until March, but I've really had enough of that.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:16 pm

Aiko wrote:The site was back down again and now it is finally hosted elsewhere. The old server was paid until March, but I've really had enough of that.

Well, what website is it on now?

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 pm

SinkerCutie wrote:
Aiko wrote:The site was back down again and now it is finally hosted elsewhere. The old server was paid until March, but I've really had enough of that.

Well, what website is it on now?

It's still https://thegreatswamp.xyz/

The site is just hosted on a new server which will hopefully prove to be much more reliable than what I had before.

UGERTIO

Postby UGERTIO » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:14 am

I can ask you. Are you making a website in some kind of editor? Or are you manually writing the site code?(I'm just curious)

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:51 pm

UGERTIO wrote:I can ask you. Are you making a website in some kind of editor? Or are you manually writing the site code?(I'm just curious)

I am using a site generator named Hugo with the theme Sam. I only did some minor theme customizations (CSS layout, custom template for Ink stories, custom backgrounds). For editing I just use plain text editors.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:53 pm

The Quicksand Clock has received its first upgrade. I improved and re-rendered the poses of Shetani and Suzi. Enjoy the passing of time! :D

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:12 am

Aiko wrote:The Quicksand Clock has received its first upgrade. I improved and re-rendered the poses of Shetani and Suzi. Enjoy the passing of time! :D

And the passing of the sinking girls over and over...

Madagaskar3

Postby Madagaskar3 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:33 am

Aiko, I’ve been meaning to ask if you have any plans to add your current profile pic into some kind of gallery to TGS website, like you did with the previous profile pics? Asking purely out of curiosity, thanks

Return to “General Discussion”