Sinking in mud/quicksand standing still

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Andy1087

Sinking in mud/quicksand standing still

Postby Andy1087 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Good Afternoon All.

I was wondering if what happened to me years ago ever happened to others here. I went a local marsh wearing chest waders and worked myself about waist deep in the marsh mud. This was the 1st time I had explored a marsh and was the 1st time I sank deeper then around knee deep. That being said I liked how it felt to be so deep in mud and liked the gentle hug the mud was giving my body. So between taking a rest and liking the feel of being stuck I stood there in the mud without moving for 5 to 10 minutes. What I did not notice was that I was slowly sinking deeper and was I noticed I had sunk deeper until I was almost chest deep and the mud/water was about 2" from the top of my waders. On top of that I could not get out as there was no room to bend my legs and my feet were stuck fast. I dug out the mud around me and was able to work myself free. One I was out and on solid ground I noticed my boot portion of my waders were covered with gray clay that was under all the mud and that was what I slowly had sunk in without noticing.

Years later I was at another marsh and stepped in what I thought was shallow mud, but turned out to be quicksand like mud and once my feet had broken the surface I was stuck sank about chest deep without much movement. That time made sense given he quicksand nature of the mud.

So has anyone else here ever sank in mud or quicksand with little to no movement?

Andy

RedLikeRubies

Re: Sinking in mud/quicksand standing still

Postby RedLikeRubies » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:52 am

Yes I have! Usually it happens in the more watery, clingy mud like a marsh or river from my experience.
Want to come sink with me?

Return to “General Discussion”