A funny thing happened at the doctor's office. . .

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Nessie
Producer

Re: A funny thing happened at the doctor's office. . .

Postby Nessie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:09 am

nachtjaeger wrote:As to being "cured" of the whole quicksand thing, why? I have come to accept myself this way, as does my Lady Wife.

I can't see much point in curing me either. I don't believe that denial works. It always came roaring back when I practiced denial and I figure that any attempts to eradicate the fetish will simply result in the same backlash.

The stuff washes off. Right? It's not like it's stuck to me permanently. But you'll know that we've really gone mainstream if you ever go to your doctor's office and there's a second book entitled QUICKSAND on the shelf next to the first.

And this time, the graphic is a frame grab from MPV. A blurb reads: "If you find this picture arousing, this book is for you! Inside is an in-DEPTH psychological analysis of one of the world's most fascinating and little-known erotic fetishes."

Nessie

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:29 am

PM2K wrote:To be honest... I too wondered what was "off" about me and this quicksand thing. But once I started poking around the internet... I quickly realized this quicksand fetish is in teh scheme of things pretty harmless and mundane compared to some fetishes out there.... yeesh! :shock:

Harmless annd mundane... that is strangely comforting... along with realizing there's lots of us out there. :D

I sometimes think the same thing. Looking through my library of pics and videos I wonder sometimes if those around me would think I'm seriously twisted for enjoying watching beautiful women submerge in bottomless pits of quicksand, and yet, when I told a close friend of mine she told me that my particular fetish was on the boring side. She mentioned that she found a few things odd, but overall she found the fetish uninteresting. Had I been able to get her to a good clay pit she may have thought otherwise, but that's a different subject. Going back on track, while many of us once thought that this fetish was strange and we were alone in the world, this website and the father website deepsinking.org opened up a whole new world for us where we were no longer alone. Rather, there are plenty of us out there with very similar interests in the art of sinking. Only time will tell where this fetish will go. Ironically, though, quicksand is probably going up. ;)
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 am

Chimerix wrote:Fetishes are considered disorders. And, yes, doctors of the head would prefer to cure you of them. Whether it is quicksand or not is irrelevant, current trends in psycho-thinking label fetishes as negative.

I remember something from a freshman psychology textbook discussing how difficult it is to cure fetishism, since the victims get such pleasure from their problem that they don't desire to be cured.

I did some quick research on what a "fetish" is and I think it can be easily argued that a fetish is not a disorder and I will explain my opinion. According to psychology, this is the definition of a fetish: Psychology. any object or non-genital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation. Reading this, I want to dwell on a certain part of the definition. It states, "any object or non-genital part of the body." Further expanding on this, doesn't that mean that being aroused by seeing your significant other in an outfit of choice is a fetish in relation to that outfit? To my understanding of the definition arousal though use of outfits can be classified as a fetish because outfits are objects that are separate from the body. By no means am I saying that outfits are a bad thing. What I am trying to get across is that sexual fixation on an object shouldn't be considered a disorder because in most cases this fixation stimulates and promotes arousal which further promotes intercourse and there for, procreation. Given that this idea is correct, fetishes should be embraced rather cured. The way I see it, a fetish should only be considered a disorder if the person cannot find pleasure outside the fetish.

I want to stress that these are just thoughts to express my opinion and I do not intend to offend anyone that reads this. If you disagree with any part of the paragraph above please feel free to comment on any flaws you see in my ideology.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I have my own personal definitions of fetish-related words. I'll use spike heels as an example.

Turn on: You are aroused by seeing a person of the opposite sex wearing spike heels.

Kink: You can't make it with your partner unless they're wearing spike heels

Fetish: You are totally sexually focused on spike heels; the person wearing them isn't significant, or perhaps not even necessary.

So by my personal definition, most of us here find deep mud/quicksand to be a turn on. And a few of us can take serious pleasure from sinking solo. As far as anybody who has a serious "quicksand kink" and can't get turned on unless quicksand is involved, I doubt it, but it is possible.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

klib21

Postby klib21 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 am

Hollywood_CGD wrote:Words

YES. How could a fetish be something negative unless it were actually affecting your overall life?

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:05 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:43 am

I wouldn't categorize it as of sexual interest to me, but I do have a strong desire (yet unmet) to simply experience sinking deep into and submerge beneath deep mud... my own... movie scene, as it were, without special effects or stunt doubles!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:34 am

nachtjaeger wrote:I have my own personal definitions of fetish-related words. I'll use spike heels as an example.

Turn on: You are aroused by seeing a person of the opposite sex wearing spike heels.

Kink: You can't make it with your partner unless they're wearing spike heels

Fetish: You are totally sexually focused on spike heels; the person wearing them isn't significant, or perhaps not even necessary.

Define perversion, please :ugeek:

On one Russian sex forum I got such an explanation: if you are aroused by a thing which is a part of a person of interest (not necessarily of the opposite sex), or which that person has, than it is a fetish. If you are getting aroused by seeing the person in a special situation, like stuck, helpless, pleading for help, not to say about dying, than it's a perversion. Hence, all quicksand-related interests are perversions. Period.

I have to add that a man who said this was seriously interested in trying to sink into manure :lol:
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:22 pm

PM2K wrote:But once I started poking around the internet... I quickly realized this quicksand fetish is in teh scheme of things pretty harmless and mundane compared to some fetishes out there.... yeesh! :shock:

Yea....we're definitely NOT the weirdest people out there. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussion”