Search for places to sink into

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
BlueChris

Search for places to sink into

Postby BlueChris » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking for a nice place full of quicksand, marshes, bogs and all the other nice things to sink into in Bavaria Germany. Do you have any recommendations for me.

Greetings
BlueChris

JohntaviousWilliams

Re: Search for places to sink into

Postby JohntaviousWilliams » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:46 pm

Look for quarries to sink into

BlueChris

Postby BlueChris » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:39 pm

In my area there are some small quarries, but I have not yet noticed a place to sink, what should I look out for?

JohntaviousWilliams

Postby JohntaviousWilliams » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 pm

Silt ponds. Places that look like they have water, but have layer of mud

RayLiehm

Postby RayLiehm » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:12 am

Look up a place called "Moorbad Fleckl". It's a publicly-known swimming and mudding spot, so I can't promise you'll get any privacy, but it's got a huge expanse of thick, peaty muck at least a metre deep. Sadly I never got the chance to go while I was living in Germany, but I'll be happy for having been able to steer someone else in the right direction!

https://goo.gl/maps/UKcm8WgygKeP4fm5A

Little Sim

Postby Little Sim » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 pm

"Moorbad Fleck", it looks like a good place, judging by the photos. Yet, no privacy but a good sinking place.

Aah, Germany... It's not in Belgium we are seeing place like that ;)
When the boy ask : "Where can I find mud?"
The man answer : "Follow the water."

So be the words of a wise quicksand fan.

BlueChris

Postby BlueChris » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:22 am

RayLiehm wrote:Look up a place called "Moorbad Fleckl". It's a publicly-known swimming and mudding spot, so I can't promise you'll get any privacy, but it's got a huge expanse of thick, peaty muck at least a metre deep. Sadly I never got the chance to go while I was living in Germany, but I'll be happy for having been able to steer someone else in the right direction!

https://goo.gl/maps/UKcm8WgygKeP4fm5A

Thank you for this tip, I will explore the against once and report to you how it was.

RayLiehm

Postby RayLiehm » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:03 pm

Little Sim wrote:"Moorbad Fleck", it looks like a good place, judging by the photos. Yet, no privacy but a good sinking place.

Aah, Germany... It's not in Belgium we are seeing place like that ;)

It doesn't have any privacy, but at the same time, everyone who might see you will think what you're doing is completely normal.

Little Sim

Postby Little Sim » Sat May 01, 2021 7:26 am

RayLiehm wrote:
It doesn't have any privacy, but at the same time, everyone who might see you will think what you're doing is completely normal.

That's true, you're right.

BlueChris wrote:
Thank you for this tip, I will explore the against once and report to you how it was.

I hope you'll have a good time there :)
When the boy ask : "Where can I find mud?"
The man answer : "Follow the water."

So be the words of a wise quicksand fan.

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 am

It’s a darn shame that Americans don’t have the same attitude that they have over in Europe when it comes to playing in the mud. Here when people see you they think you got stuck accidentally, because nobody in their right mind would think about deliberately jumping into deep mud. Yet over in many parts of Europe it’s perfectly normal for people of all ages to go and get themselves completely covered with mud, laying in it for hours, or wallowing around in it. Most Americans simply aren’t ready to embrace things they simply don’t understand. Why is that? Not to get into politics, but I find this particularly prevalent among Conservatives. As if somehow, we’re violating some long standing belief of theirs, as if we’ve either offended them or they simply can’t wrap their heads around the fact that there’s plenty of people out there in the world that strive to seek out and play in the mud. When I looked up this place in Germany, there’s a picture of a dock with mud all over it from people going into and coming out of the mud…because that’s exactly where the dock goes…straight into a mud pit. I can only wish that there was a dock that went out over the oyster shells where one could simply step down into seemingly bottomless mud. I have absolutely no doubt that it would draw a much larger crowd than anyone around here could possibly even imagine. Because is someone built it, I have no doubt that we would most definitely come.

I’m not going to hold my breathe waiting for something like that in our country. Saint Augustine, which thrives off of tourism, has yet to figure out that if they built a pier that cruise ships and Naval Vessels could tie up to, they too would come here along with their deep pockets full of money. As the nation’s oldest city, you would think that that would be a no brainer. After all, not all cruises depart from south Florida. Some depart from overseas and would gladly visit if it were at all possible. Likewise, we too would more likely than not go to a sinking spot if it had public access, even if they charged a nominal fee.

Return to “General Discussion”