Search for places to sink into

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
canyouendure

Re: Search for places to sink into

Postby canyouendure » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:12 am

We're not talking about playing in the mud. Nobody has a problem with that. People have a problem with people getting sexual gratification from it in public. You can't lump people with a quicksand fetish and people playing in the mud for fun into the same group.

You say you're from Florida. Go to Hog Waller mud bog on any weekend and you will see hundreds of grown men and women who think playing in the mud is perfectly normal.

So long story short, I completely disagree. The USA doesn't have a problem with people playing in

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am

Sinkman61 wrote:It’s a darn shame that Americans don’t have the same attitude that they have over in Europe when it comes to playing in the mud. Here when people see you they think you got stuck accidentally, because nobody in their right mind would think about deliberately jumping into deep mud. Yet over in many parts of Europe it’s perfectly normal for people of all ages to go and get themselves completely covered with mud, laying in it for hours, or wallowing around in it. ....

What part of Europe should THAT be? :roll:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:11 am

Russia for one. There’s plenty of places throughout Europe that can be found online where people are welcome to go play in the mud. Of course, there are here in the United States too…but they generally require another event to be taking place at the time such as at a mud bog for 4x4 trucks during an event. Then there’s an area off Israel along the Dead Sea where you would be the oddball if you didn’t “mud up” or play in the mud banks along the coast of the Dead Sea.

People in the United States are incredibly CLOSE MINDED. The majority think that if you dare to do anything that the church loving crowd would think of as sexual in nature, you’re automatically labeled as a sexual deviant or a pervert. In truth, that’s NOT the case at all. My trainer knows I love to play in the mud because I’ve told him as I’ve showed up at the gym extremely sore if I hadn’t been in the mud stomping around for quite awhile. Going through tidal creeks is requires an enormous amount of energy while burning through far more calories than practically any other exercise. My last adventure was this last Saturday, which was also my first in nearly a year (thanks COVID). My legs were on fire the following Monday morning, but were completely recovered by Tuesday night. There was a time when I could play in the mud all day after a long period away from it without feeling a ting of soreness, but that was back when I was only 18. Those days are long gone now. Thankfully my trainer is very open minded and fully acknowledges both that the exercise benefits of going through deep mud exceed trying to ride a bike with skinny tires through deep sand as well as the fact that there’s really nothing better for your skin than covering it with tidal mud. It certainly keeps my skin looking healthy, especially considering that people around here think l’m much younger than I really am.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Sinkman61 wrote:It’s a darn shame that Americans don’t have the same attitude that they have over in Europe blah blah blah blah.....

LOL Wut? Ever heard of a mud run? Mud wrestling? Tractor pulls? You live in Florida and you've never seen a 4x4 / ATV park and watched a jacked up truck full of half naked people doing donuts in a mud hole? You need to get out more. :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

BlueChris

Postby BlueChris » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:00 pm

I went to see the bog bath in the summer and was thrilled, it is 1 meter deep and it is over all no problem to go in naked. Unfortunately I have not tried it on my visit :(.
Next year I will test it.

What I have noticed in the meantime is that there are many gravel / sand pits in my area.

A few I have already explored ;) and in one pit is a wonderful mud hole. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a "real" quicksand but it's only a matter of time :D

The only thing that frustrates me is that I have only now realized how wonderful it is to sink in the mud and that I have no one outside the Internet with whom I can exchange about the subject.
Do you have any tips and tricks for a rank beginner and if any of you want to see some pictures of the sand pits, just let me know.

P.S RayLiehm thank you for your tip.

Return to “General Discussion”