Dry quicksand pit

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Subdude57

Dry quicksand pit

Postby Subdude57 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 pm

I was thinking of a tall container filled with dry corn. A container that is chest high for example, loaded with dry corn would make an excellent quicksand vat. I’m pretty sure you could sink as deep as you want. Put in or “build in” a ladder to step out. I considered using a leaf blowing (electric) to pump air in, in place of water. Seems tome that’d make a very good quicksand pit wherever you build it. Making it dry eliminates a lot of issues with weight and leaking.

I may actually give this a try.
SubDude

Duncan Edwards

Re: Dry quicksand pit

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm

Based on past experience with animal feed, I doubt you will get the results you expect. Corn packs like anything else and since it's denser than anything fluid you might get thigh deep. Unless you have one bigass air compressor you won't be able to agitate it for very long at all. Beyond all of that you will quickly encounter a lot of little rodent friends no matter where you live south of the arctic circle. This much I can promise. Another little documented issue is the contact of that much corn protein with your skin. Depending on age and diet you may find yourself covered in blisters. Seen it first hand.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Subdude57

Postby Subdude57 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Corn was just an example but I think there is some validity to the idea. It’s been duplicated in laboratories and I think with the right materials. It can be done. I’ll keep y’all informed of what I come up with.

Thanks for your input!
SubDude

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Subdude57 wrote:Corn was just an example but I think there is some validity to the idea. It’s been duplicated in laboratories and I think with the right materials. It can be done. I’ll keep y’all informed of what I come up with.

Thanks for your input!
SubDude

Bear in mind that the context of the intended use can be a major factor in whether something works or not. A simple example would be the context of whether a substance is to be used over a short term or over a long term. I once used a paper material intended as an absorbent for oil spills on water. It looked and worked extremely well. For a few days. After about ten days, however, water got through to the paper and it smelled like a pit full of wet paper.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”