Potential quicksand, but I'm a little cautious/scared to sink

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
CreamyClayK

Re: Potential quicksand, but I'm a little cautious/scared to sink

Postby CreamyClayK » Sun May 23, 2021 6:07 am

Well everyone, I went out to the spot today. I think I'm out of luck. It seems like the dirt near the water has settled, and is no longer sinkable. I did look around and find a very nice spot right behind a couple large dirt piles (for privacy). It was the deepest I've ever sank, the mud was about 1/4 of the way up my boobs! I probably could have sunk deeper, but my legs started to go sideways and it was getting dark. It wasn't really easy to sink into or get out of, because the mud I found was a big pit filled with runoff from a little stream. It was made mostly of silt and sand, with just a little bit of clay thrown in. Really a bitch to get off. I found a couple other potential spots but I didn't get to test them out because it was dark. I think these spots are only going to be here for as long as construction is active sadly, so in a few months they'll probably be gone.

I only got one good picture of the spot, here y'all go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Looks like you had fun. 8-) One word of caution, I can't tell how tall the bank on the left is in the pic but be careful/avoid sinking right next to tall embankments. They can fall in on you.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

gjhkigkhjf

Postby gjhkigkhjf » Mon May 24, 2021 12:29 am

well now you know you can get out of it and construction is still active for a while so next time you go you can put on swimwear and if anybody sees you, you can say you were just looking to for for a swim in the beach

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:06 am

Oh yeah, anything with the word “community” in it doesn’t inspire confidence.

Did you go and check it out? Any luck?

I went camping in Pa near the Oh border and found a small stream with a little bit of mud, but nothing like what we’re looking for

CreamyClayK

Postby CreamyClayK » Tue May 25, 2021 2:19 am

enerj29 wrote:Oh yeah, anything with the word “community” in it doesn’t inspire confidence.

Did you go and check it out? Any luck?

I went camping in Pa near the Oh border and found a small stream with a little bit of mud, but nothing like what we’re looking for

No luck, the sand must have settled in the spot I accidentally found earlier. I made do with a different spot, and I got very deep, but not as far as I'd like. I think I'm done searching by the beaches for a while, I don't want sandy silt I want thick Clay

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue May 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Some thoughts on getting caught....

Remember that the VAST majority of planet earth does not see sinking as a sexual thing or even knows such a fetish exists. So unless you're like blatently jacking off when someone walks up on you it's not going to be viewed as such.

If you do get caught, play dumb. "Hahaha hi I was just wandering around and got lost and this mud was waaaay deeper than it looked hahaha what a dumbass I am!"

Have an excuse to be (kind of) where you are. If you're at a beach bring a towel, a bottle of sunblock,etc as props.

The owner of the quarry I go to lets us locals use it as an off road park on weekends when they're closed down, so I go in with my jeep or duel sport and it looks like I have a perfectly reasonable reason for being there. Never been caught in the actual act but with other people using the place it's bound to happen sooner or later. My plan is to just start laughing like an ass and say I jumped in for the hell of it but it was way deeper than I thought. :lol:
--Sun Tzu

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Mynock wrote: The owner of the quarry I go to lets us locals use it as an off road park on weekends when they're closed down, so I go in with my jeep or duel sport and it looks like I have a perfectly reasonable reason for being there. Never been caught in the actual act but with other people using the place it's bound to happen sooner or later. My plan is to just start laughing like an ass and say I jumped in for the hell of it but it was way deeper than I thought. :lol:

You have a quarry you can legally go to? That's awesome, how did you get that set up? I'd love to find one too

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:58 pm

CreamyClayK wrote:No luck, the sand must have settled in the spot I accidentally found earlier. I made do with a different spot, and I got very deep, but not as far as I'd like. I think I'm done searching by the beaches for a while, I don't want sandy silt I want thick Clay

Oh too bad, it's so hard to find a good spot with privacy and mud with the right consistency. Thick, gooey clay is where it's at. At least you were able to get in pretty deep and make the best out of it?

P.S. I tried to DM you but it says you can't receive messages. But I'm nearby in western PA and wouldn't mind finding a friend to go sinking and exploring with (less boring and more safe with someone) Sometimes I drive up toward Erie looking for mud, have found a few little spots, but nothing super deep.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed May 26, 2021 2:33 am

enerj29 wrote:You have a quarry you can legally go to? That's awesome, how did you get that set up? I'd love to find one too

Well....kind of. It's a small buisness type operation, the owner is a local guy. He's got all the necessary "No Trespassing" signs up for litigation purposes, but we have a verbal agreement that when they're closed we can ignore those at our own peril. If we get hurt we were trespassing but he won't call the cops on us. That way we get the run of the place but he can't get sued if somebody runs a quad off a cliff and dies lol. 8-)
--Sun Tzu

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Mynock wrote:
Well....kind of. It's a small buisness type operation, the owner is a local guy. He's got all the necessary "No Trespassing" signs up for litigation purposes, but we have a verbal agreement that when they're closed we can ignore those at our own peril. If we get hurt we were trespassing but he won't call the cops on us. That way we get the run of the place but he can't get sued if somebody runs a quad off a cliff and dies lol. 8-)

Sounds pretty great for all parties involved. Is there an app for meeting quarry owners in my area? Lol

How is the mud there?

Return to “General Discussion”