Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene/Near Misses

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Theo

Re: Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:55 am

OBI-wan wrote:Easy A.

Why not both? Now that I think about it, I believe Annie was also at the party. How about the birds chase Annie onto the mudflats? :P
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:55 pm

Theo wrote:Hmmm... Janet Leigh in quicksand? I'm on board with that :) I hate to mess with a Hitchcock classic too much, but I do think I'd prefer a quicksand scene to the shower scene :P

Or, best of both worlds. Norman tries to stab Marion in the shower and misses, instead plunging and lodging the knife into the shower wall. Marion manages to get around Norman as he struggles to dislodge the knife and runs outside, right into the bog, and of course, naked :D Norman comes out to find her slowly sinking; he just stands there, and watches her sink.

How wonderfully psychic. I've had the same thing in my brain for years. I remember being very young, probably five or six, with a teenage baby-sitter watching Psycho as she was keeping my sisters and I while mom and dad were out. My sister walked by and asked "What's wrong with that car?" as Norman was sinking the car with the body in the trunk. The baby sitter responded with "He put it in quicksand." or something like that. My sister was never one for complicated answers and just went on through the room. I was locked onto it with a curiosity I didn't understand. Since then I've replayed that scene many times as Janet escapes the shower and the camera follows her down the stairs from the waist up and out the door. She runs through the woods with all the trees covering parts of her excellent anatomy at all the right moments. Things get muddier and messier until finally she is swallowed breast deep allowing the camera to get intimate with her until she goes under. Too bad Hitchcock was such a genius and wouldn't go for something like that.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Theo wrote:Hmmm... Janet Leigh in quicksand? I'm on board with that :) I hate to mess with a Hitchcock classic too much, but I do think I'd prefer a quicksand scene to the shower scene :P

Or, best of both worlds. Norman tries to stab Marion in the shower and misses, instead plunging and lodging the knife into the shower wall. Marion manages to get around Norman as he struggles to dislodge the knife and runs outside, right into the bog, and of course, naked :D Norman comes out to find her slowly sinking; he just stands there, and watches her sink.

How wonderfully psychic. I've had the same thing in my brain for years. I remember being very young, probably five or six, with a teenage baby-sitter watching Psycho as she was keeping my sisters and I while mom and dad were out. My sister walked by and asked "What's wrong with that car?" as Norman was sinking the car with the body in the trunk. The baby sitter responded with "He put it in quicksand." or something like that. My sister was never one for complicated answers and just went on through the room. I was locked onto it with a curiosity I didn't understand. Since then I've replayed that scene many times as Janet escapes the shower and the camera follows her down the stairs from the waist up and out the door. She runs through the woods with all the trees covering parts of her excellent anatomy at all the right moments. Things get muddier and messier until finally she is swallowed breast deep allowing the camera to get intimate with her until she goes under. Too bad Hitchcock was such a genius and wouldn't go for something like that.

Maybe there should be a spoof. A woman who has just embezzled a box of money from a bank checks in at a rundown motel. Then she goes to sleep and has a nightmare based on the shower scene. She wakes up in a sweat, thinks she hears footsteps or breathing or something, panics and runs outside and eventually into the bog. It cold be a Leigh Motel and her name is Norma.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:02 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:How wonderfully psychic. I've had the same thing in my brain for years. I remember being very young, probably five or six, with a teenage baby-sitter watching Psycho as she was keeping my sisters and I while mom and dad were out. My sister walked by and asked "What's wrong with that car?" as Norman was sinking the car with the body in the trunk. The baby sitter responded with "He put it in quicksand." or something like that. My sister was never one for complicated answers and just went on through the room. I was locked onto it with a curiosity I didn't understand. Since then I've replayed that scene many times as Janet escapes the shower and the camera follows her down the stairs from the waist up and out the door. She runs through the woods with all the trees covering parts of her excellent anatomy at all the right moments. Things get muddier and messier until finally she is swallowed breast deep allowing the camera to get intimate with her until she goes under. Too bad Hitchcock was such a genius and wouldn't go for something like that.

My thoughts exactly! What can say, great minds think alike ;) Though I could do without the strategic camera angles, placement of trees etc. if you know what I mean :D

That's a neat story, possibly the geneses of your fascination with quicksand?
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:06 am

Fred588 wrote:Maybe there should be a spoof. A woman who has just embezzled a box of money from a bank checks in at a rundown motel. Then she goes to sleep and has a nightmare based on the shower scene. She wakes up in a sweat, thinks she hears footsteps or breathing or something, panics and runs outside and eventually into the bog. It cold be a Leigh Motel and her name is Norma.

Sounds great! When do you start filming? ;)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Theo wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Maybe there should be a spoof. A woman who has just embezzled a box of money from a bank checks in at a rundown motel. Then she goes to sleep and has a nightmare based on the shower scene. She wakes up in a sweat, thinks she hears footsteps or breathing or something, panics and runs outside and eventually into the bog. It cold be a Leigh Motel and her name is Norma.

The filming season is already well underway. However, we will not be doing this one for two reasons. First, it would require some off-site filming using a hotel or motel. Second, it would need a clip of a motel sign saying "Leigh Motel" We do not normally attempt off-site filming. I could do the motel sign if I knew the location of something suitable but even if I did there is not time to do so. This sort of thing is an element that could be done using artwork if someone wanted to do so, but that would not be me.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:23 am

Valerian and the city of planets.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:56 am

Fred588 wrote:
Theo wrote:

The filming season is already well underway. However, we will not be doing this one for two reasons. First, it would require some off-site filming using a hotel or motel. Second, it would need a clip of a motel sign saying "Leigh Motel" We do not normally attempt off-site filming. I could do the motel sign if I knew the location of something suitable but even if I did there is not time to do so. This sort of thing is an element that could be done using artwork if someone wanted to do so, but that would not be me.

Perhaps instead of a motel, it could be a Bed & Breakfast. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Boggy Man wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
Theo wrote:

Perhaps instead of a motel, it could be a Bed & Breakfast. 8-)

Sure it could be that, an airbnb, or a campground. But I don't think that solves the issue. Even though a shot of such a sign would be only a few seconds I think it is needed to help convey to the viewer that the scene is a spoof of Psycho.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:37 pm

how about Bandidas, when Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz are training up to be outlaws and get revenge, they needed to find some quicksand for one to be trapped in, then the other gets trapped too, and they have to use teamwork to get out... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “General Discussion”