Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene/Near Misses

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
MadMax359

Re: Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:44 pm

MadMax359 wrote:how about Bandidas, when Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz are training up to be outlaws and get revenge, they needed to find some quicksand for one to be trapped in, then the other gets trapped too, and they have to use teamwork to get out... :twisted:

Bandidas.jpg

i can't find a bigger picture, maybe someone will have better luck :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Fred588 wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
Theo wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Maybe there should be a spoof. A woman who has just embezzled a box of money from a bank checks in at a rundown motel. Then she goes to sleep and has a nightmare based on the shower scene. She wakes up in a sweat, thinks she hears footsteps or breathing or something, panics and runs outside and eventually into the bog. It cold be a Leigh Motel and her name is Norma.

Sounds great! When do you start filming? ;)

The filming season is already well underway. However, we will not be doing this one for two reasons. First, it would require some off-site filming using a hotel or motel. Second, it would need a clip of a motel sign saying "Leigh Motel" We do not normally attempt off-site filming. I could do the motel sign if I knew the location of something suitable but even if I did there is not time to do so. This sort of thing is an element that could be done using artwork if someone wanted to do so, but that would not be me.

Perhaps instead of a motel, it could be a Bed & Breakfast. 8-)

Sure it could be that, an airbnb, or a campground. But I don't think that solves the issue. Even though a shot of such a sign would be only a few seconds I think it is needed to help convey to the viewer that the scene is a spoof of Psycho.

A sign for any motel, inn, B&B, etc. with a name that could easily be connected to Psycho or other very well known Hitchcock horror movie could be used. Bates, Leigh, Norman, Hitchcock. or even Birds would do. If anyone knows of such a place within, say, 150 miles of Little Rock or Springfield, MO tell me and I will get footage for the future. Or maybe someone somewhere else could do so. Norman, Oklahoma might be the best bet.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:49 pm

MadMax359 wrote:how about Bandidas, when Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz are training up to be outlaws and get revenge, they needed to find some quicksand for one to be trapped in, then the other gets trapped too, and they have to use teamwork to get out... :twisted:

That was one of those movies I knew wouldn't be much good but I had to view it just on the outside chance. Those two together would be like some kind of fantasy come to life.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Theo

Postby Theo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:36 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:That was one of those movies I knew wouldn't be much good but I had to view it just on the outside chance. Those two together would be like some kind of fantasy come to life.

I'm with you on that! Right after they fall in the river would've been the perfect opportunity :P
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:41 am

Here’s a few more:

The Mummy/The Mummy Returns (1999/2001)

It’s been so long I can’t remember a, but I soooooo wanted to see Evelyn (Rachel Weisz) wind up in quicksand up to her neck somehow. I mean, c’mon, virtually the whole movie is set in a target rich environment (the desert!) :x

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider/The Cradle of Life (2001/2003)

I’m sure Lara Croft has been mentioned time and time again on here so... need I go further? Again, it’s been forever since I’ve seen these so I can’t remember a specific part of the movie for a quicksand scene.

The Tall Men (1955)

A movie I did see quite recently. There’s a part where it came so close to a quicksand scene that Ben (Clark Gable) even mentions it. The herd is crossing a river, and Nella (Jane Russell) rides up to Ben and noticing the cows swimming across she says: “There’s a shallower spot just up the river, why not cross them there?”, to which Ben replies: “why don’t you try it yourself!” This immediately got my attention and hopes up. A few minutes later, Ben points up the river and says to Nella’s boyfriend Nathan (Robert Ryan): “you better go help your responsibility!” Nathan looks, and Nella’s horse is stumbling in the shallow water about twenty feet from the edge and Nella falls off. She stumbles to shore, apparently in some mud (though not deep enough) before Nathan helps her the rest of the way. Walking by Ben, Nella says something about helping her get out of the mud to which he replies: “Mud? I thought it was quicksand!” and laughs. So close, but not quite a quicksand scene :(
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Theo wrote:The Tall Men (1955)... Nella says something about helping her get out of the mud to which he replies: “Mud? I thought it was quicksand!” and laughs. So close, but not quite a quicksand scene :(

I know this one well and I'll never understand why I don't remember it more often. Being a great fan of tall brunettes, Jane Russell in quicksand would be a dream come true up there with anyone else in old Hollywood. She was definitely the greatest gift Howard Hughes ever made to the world. I understand the Blu-Ray edition fixes a lot of cuts and crops for tv. Make me wonder if it's worth getting it. Yes, one of the great missed opportunities of all time. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:40 am

Being a great fan of tall brunettes, Jane Russell in quicksand would be a dream come true up there with anyone else in old Hollywood.

Another Golden Age of Hollywood missed opportunity: Yvonne De Carlo standing next to the quicksand looking worried while Joel McCrea and Pedro Armendáriz duke it out in the pit, in 'Border River' (1954).

Border_River.jpg
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Theo wrote:Here’s a few more:

It’s been so long I can’t remember a, but I soooooo wanted to see Evelyn (Rachel Weisz) wind up in quicksand up to her neck somehow. I mean, c’mon, virtually the whole movie is set in a target rich environment (the desert!) :x

I’m sure Lara Croft has been mentioned time and time again on here so... need I go further? Again, it’s been forever since I’ve seen these so I can’t remember a specific part of the movie for a quicksand scene.

The Tall Men (1955)

A movie I did see quite recently. There’s a part where it came so close to a quicksand scene that Ben (Clark Gable) even mentions it. The herd is crossing a river, and Nella (Jane Russell) rides up to Ben and noticing the cows swimming across she says: “There’s a shallower spot just up the river, why not cross them there?”, to which Ben replies: “why don’t you try it yourself!” This immediately got my attention and hopes up. A few minutes later, Ben points up the river and says to Nella’s boyfriend Nathan (Robert Ryan): “you better go help your responsibility!” Nathan looks, and Nella’s horse is stumbling in the shallow water about twenty feet from the edge and Nella falls off. She stumbles to shore, apparently in some mud (though not deep enough) before Nathan helps her the rest of the way. Walking by Ben, Nella says something about helping her get out of the mud to which he replies: “Mud? I thought it was quicksand!” and laughs. So close, but not quite a quicksand scene :(

I would add the most recent Lara Croft movie also. There were plenty of opportunities for her to sink in that one too.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:11 pm

SabbieMobili wrote:Another Golden Age of Hollywood missed opportunity: Yvonne De Carlo standing next to the quicksand looking worried while Joel McCrea and Pedro Armendáriz duke it out in the pit, in 'Border River' (1954).

Right. They got it backwards. It should have been Yvonne sinking while they were fighting. If they had really got it right she would be wearing nothing after having just emerged from taking a bath. These guys are fighting over her as she goes under and then head to the saloon together as the bubbles come up. :mrgreen:

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:44 pm

Theo wrote:Here’s a few more:

The Tall Men (1955)

Turns out, Mummy Returns DOES have a quicksand scene...but it's short and all the victims are male. A pity, really.

Return to “General Discussion”