Re: Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene

Postby quickman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:50 am

Mary Poppins, Bambi, Titanic...

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Theo wrote:
OBI-wan wrote:Spring Breakers.

Hmmm... an excellent suggestion. The girls get lost, wind up in the Everglades, and find themselves trapped and sinking in the same quicksand from the Man vs. Wild Everglades episode. What a tantalizing prospect :P

Thank you.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Theo wrote:I think I saw a little of that on someone's phone sitting next to me on a plane once, but never the whole thing. Your idea sounds good though, that did did sound like a missed opportunity for us :(

Sinking scenes aside, it is an awesome movie, catch it sometime it you can.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:24 am

Quicksand scene in a Titanic movie. well... before or after?

passenger with ticket is tryng to get to port before Titanic sails, but gets trapped in quicksand and goes under. thinks - what rotten luck. i'd be in america in a week.

or.

passenger with ticket missed Titanic and heads to another port to wait to go on Carpathia a few days later, hears that Titanic sank, and goes for a walk in woods reflect on being lucky to have missed Titanic. then gets caught in quicksand and drowns.

or

passenger named Molly Braun from Germany makes it to America, calls herself the second unsinkable Molly Brown, but then goes for a walk in woods and sinks to her doom. not so unsinkable. huh?
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:37 am

quickman wrote:Mary Poppins, Bambi, Titanic...

Okay… so I have to say, at first, I kinda balked at these suggestions, but then… ideas started to hit me.

Mary Poppins (1964) or Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
An umbrella is a most delightful way to travel. However, it can also be perilous, if the weather were to suddenly change. A change in the wind, a fog rolling in ― either way, we all know England has no shortage of weather, as well as it does mudflats, bogs and other treacherous places. Who knows how many times the weather may have forced Mary Poppins to land in said treacherous places, perhaps on mudflat she finds most difficult to escape? Or maybe a bog, that just keeps sucking her down? Or perhaps… this only happened to her once?

Titanic (1997)
The drawing session is taking a little longer than Rose expected, and Jack, seems to be drawing more than one drawing. Finally, he finishes and reveals his work to Rose, who is very much perplexed at what she sees. He has drawn a series of drawings depicting Rose stepping into quicksand, naked, and slowly sinking. The last one shows her up to her neck with an outstretched hand. “The one ― where I rescue you,” Jack explains. Taken aback at first, the idea of sinking so helplessly deep in quicksand, and Jack coming to her aid at the last minute soon begins to allure Rose. “You… saved me!” says Rose, falling into his arms. (The rest of the movie goes on as the original ― until the end). After returning home to Philadelphia, Rose is utterly heartbroken after losing Jack, and she can’t bear the thought of going on without him. She wonders off into a marsh outside of Philadelphia, hoping, she would find quicksand. And the marsh is only too happy to provide. Before long, she finds herself sinking controllably, and allows herself to go under so she can go to Jack.

Now Bambi… I’m at a loss. I’m assuming it’s the movie about a deer named Bambi which I don’t remember having any human characters (except maybe the hunter? It’s been forever and a day since I’ve seen it so I can’t even remember if they ever showed the hunter lol). But then again, if the hunter was a Woman? She’s carelessly walking around, looking through her scope to find the perfect shot, when she stumbles into quicksand before she can take the shot. She struggles, can’t escape, and eventually, goes under.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 am

Mynock wrote:Sinking scenes aside, it is an awesome movie, catch it sometime it you can.

It did kinda look interesting. If ever find sometime I'll watch it.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:42 am

cbqdbq wrote:Quicksand scene in a Titanic movie. well... before or after?

passenger with ticket is tryng to get to port before Titanic sails, but gets trapped in quicksand and goes under. thinks - what rotten luck. i'd be in america in a week.

or.

passenger with ticket missed Titanic and heads to another port to wait to go on Carpathia a few days later, hears that Titanic sank, and goes for a walk in woods reflect on being lucky to have missed Titanic. then gets caught in quicksand and drowns.

or

passenger named Molly Braun from Germany makes it to America, calls herself the second unsinkable Molly Brown, but then goes for a walk in woods and sinks to her doom. not so unsinkable. huh?

Not bad not bad. I like the last one best.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm

The Pirates of the Caribbean (Any of the movies would do, but the one with Penelope Cruz) and Anaconda (JLO). Two huge missed opportunities there

I could picture a funny segment towards the climax of Pirates where Jack Sparrow and Co are fighting and Penelope Cruz's character starts to slow sink in quicksand shouting out for Jack. It would be a slow sink and have her go down all the way down to her neck. And have a funny moment where Jack is sword fighting and has to step on her head like a rock for a sec.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:00 pm

spunkee311 wrote:The Pirates of the Caribbean (Any of the movies would do, but the one with Penelope Cruz) and Anaconda (JLO). Two huge missed opportunities there

I could picture a funny segment towards the climax of Pirates where Jack Sparrow and Co are fighting and Penelope Cruz's character starts to slow sink in quicksand shouting out for Jack. It would be a slow sink and have her go down all the way down to her neck. And have a funny moment where Jack is sword fighting and has to step on her head like a rock for a sec.

She goes under with her hands in the air as Jack quickly cuts a hanging vine that falls on her. The fight continues as she struggles to pull herself out. She keeps screaming for Jack as he makes excuses during the running fight.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:49 am

spunkee311 wrote:The Pirates of the Caribbean (Any of the movies would do, but the one with Penelope Cruz) and Anaconda (JLO). Two huge missed opportunities there

My first post on this was an idea from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006). But I like your idea too, Penelope Cruz in quicksand oh yeah :P

Return to “General Discussion”