Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene/Near Misses

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Theo

Re: Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene

Postby Theo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:54 am

Two more ideas I've been thinking about lately.

Africa (1999)
A somewhat obscure movie from South Africa I saw a long time ago which actually wasn’t too bad if I remember correctly. The protagonist was a model who ran off the road and crashed while driving at night somewhere in Africa (South Africa I think?). She of course survived the crash with some injuries but she then became lost in the bush for several days before eventually being rescued. One scene I do remember was where she came upon a nearly dried out muddy watering whole. Desperately in need of water, she started walking out to the water through all the mud around the edges. Naturally, I was hoping it would turn into a stuck a mud/quicksand scene but as she started to get to stuck, she decided to crawl the rest of the way to the water. The irony of it all, once she reached the water, she found it too dirty to drink and moved on. And the ultimate irony would’ve been if she got stuck on the way back through the mud and couldn’t escape.

The Birds (1963)
A classic fav of mine, as are most Hitchcock movies. Last time I saw it, I remember seeing a mudflat around the dock at Brenner farm. And so… I just couldn't help but think:

A. The boat Melanie rents hits bottom as the tide goes out. Stranded, she gets out of the boat and starts walking to the shore through the mud to deliver the bird but gets stuck, sinks to her chest and has to be rescued by Mitch.

B. During the birthday party, the birds chase Melanie out onto the mudflat where she gets stuck and again, sinks to her chest and has to be rescued by Mitch.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:01 am

The George of the Jungle movies. Seriously, I remember that one had a quicksand scene removed from the final production and I say they should have kept it.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:12 am

Dragonball Z: Broly, Second Coming. I felt there was a missed opportunity within the mountainous range when Videl was fighting Broly. Seriously, Broly should've left her in a quicksand pit afterward instead of the water.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:08 pm

Theo wrote: ....The Birds (1963)
A classic fav of mine, as are most Hitchcock movies. Last time I saw it, I remember seeing a mudflat around the dock at Brenner farm. And so… I just couldn't help but think:

A. The boat Melanie rents hits bottom as the tide goes out. Stranded, she gets out of the boat and starts walking to the shore through the mud to deliver the bird but gets stuck, sinks to her chest and has to be rescued by Mitch.

B. During the birthday party, the birds chase Melanie out onto the mudflat where she gets stuck and again, sinks to her chest and has to be rescued by Mitch.

I camped at Bodega Bay (the filming location) for a couple nights and got a chance to look around. Your ideas are not far fetched. There are plenty of tasty looking areas around there. 8-)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Thought I posted this before but I guess it didn't go through:

Another Hitchcock movie Psycho - had a sort of quicksand scene that was but wasn't. Near the end a car is pulled out of a bog, supposedly containing the body of the woman killed in the famous shower scene, but only the car is shown.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 am

Easy A.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:50 am

SinkerCutie wrote:The George of the Jungle movies. Seriously, I remember that one had a quicksand scene removed from the final production and I say they should have kept it.

Jeeze I can barely remember those. I'd have to find those and watch them again. But it's a jungle... right? The opportunities must abound :)
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:52 am

Black Clay Lord wrote:Dragonball Z: Broly, Second Coming. I felt there was a missed opportunity within the mountainous range when Videl was fighting Broly. Seriously, Broly should've left her in a quicksand pit afterward instead of the water.

I never watched Dragonball Z but sounds good to me!

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:55 am

dlodoski wrote:I camped at Bodega Bay (the filming location) for a couple nights and got a chance to look around. Your ideas are not far fetched. There are plenty of tasty looking areas around there. 8-)

"Tasty looking areas" lol :lol: An excellent way to put my idea Dave.

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:49 am

Fred588 wrote:Thought I posted this before but I guess it didn't go through:

Another Hitchcock movie Psycho - had a sort of quicksand scene that was but wasn't. Near the end a car is pulled out of a bog, supposedly containing the body of the woman killed in the famous shower scene, but only the car is shown.

Hmmm... Janet Leigh in quicksand? I'm on board with that :) I hate to mess with a Hitchcock classic too much, but I do think I'd prefer a quicksand scene to the shower scene :P

Or, best of both worlds. Norman tries to stab Marion in the shower and misses, instead plunging and lodging the knife into the shower wall. Marion manages to get around Norman as he struggles to dislodge the knife and runs outside, right into the bog, and of course, naked :D Norman comes out to find her slowly sinking; he just stands there, and watches her sink.

Return to “General Discussion”