Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene/Near Misses

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Theo

Re: Movies You Wished Had A Quicksand Scene

Postby Theo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Can't believe nobody ever mentions Tarzan and the She-Devil. Joyce Mackenzie as Jane has the most redeeming moment in the movie when she blunders into a swamp hole and spends five minutes, with cut-aways, outrunning the snake that threatened Vera Miles in Tarzan's Hidden Jungle She does a nice job with a wet struggle that could have been so much better with a little gunk in the water. She keeps grabbing vines that don't work and I'm sure they were implying this was really boggy even though she emerges looking like she just had a shower. Monique Van Voren plays a bad girl who strolls around in a tight safari gear all the time. Pity it couldn't have been her too.

Trailer for Tarzan and the She Devil

I've never seen that one, but it sounds good! I'm always game for more Jane in quicksand :P
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:37 am

Black Clay Lord wrote:Posting here again, because I feel that Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) could've had potential for a quicksand scene. I mean, you have all these titans fighting one another, and all those fights could've caused earthquakes. And earthquakes can produce quicksand.

Ya know... not a half bad idea really :)
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:45 am

"Jumanji, Welcome To The Jungle " What I wouldn't give to see Karen Gillan sinking in a nice pit of quicksand. 8-)
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm

I agree with Jumanji being such a missed opportunity. You watch that movie just waiting for her to sink into something. It would have been so easy to do. Didn't she sink in a hole or something in Dr. Who or some other show?

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am

Herzeleid wrote:"Jumanji, Welcome To The Jungle " What I wouldn't give to see Karen Gillan sinking in a nice pit of quicksand. 8-)

I haven't seen that one, but I Googled Karen Gillan's character in Jumanji and woah yeah, I'd love to see her in some jungle quicksand :P

4358.jpg

beachbum wrote:I agree with Jumanji being such a missed opportunity. You watch that movie just waiting for her to sink into something. It would have been so easy to do. Didn't she sink in a hole or something in Dr. Who or some other show?

You are 100% correct beachbum, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FITGdsc4kHc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:33 am

Theo wrote:
Herzeleid wrote:"Jumanji, Welcome To The Jungle " What I wouldn't give to see Karen Gillan sinking in a nice pit of quicksand. 8-)

I haven't seen that one, but I Googled Karen Gillan's character in Jumanji and woah yeah, I'd love to see her in some jungle quicksand :P

4358.jpg

beachbum wrote:I agree with Jumanji being such a missed opportunity. You watch that movie just waiting for her to sink into something. It would have been so easy to do. Didn't she sink in a hole or something in Dr. Who or some other show?

You are 100% correct beachbum, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FITGdsc4kHc

Thanks for the photo of Karen . . . she's gorgeous, and that scene could almost be quicksand with a little imagination 8-)
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:07 pm

maybe one of our manipulators will make it happen!

besides her wonderful figure, that expression would be priceless :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:57 pm

Herzeleid wrote:Thanks for the photo of Karen . . . she's gorgeous, and that scene could almost be quicksand with a little imagination 8-)

MadMax359 wrote:maybe one of our manipulators will make it happen!

besides her wonderful figure, that expression would be priceless :twisted:

Your welcome Herzeleid! Hands down, a most excellent character for a quicksand scene if I ever saw one :D

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:55 am

1. Tarzan, The Ape Man (1981)
2. Anaconda
3. Any of the Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Band of the Hand
5. Romancing the Stone
—I know there are others, but that’s all I can think of right now.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:31 pm

rhinodynamo wrote:1. Tarzan, The Ape Man (1981)

Went to see this just hoping and praying for a chance. Instead we got Bo running around all wet and naked. She does have a nice moment or two with a big snake. Turns out husband John Derek, the director of this mess, was a wet/wetlook fan. Bo always seemed to enjoy it too. Anyhow, he got the wrong fetish. Sometimes I think he had a slo-motion fetish too because that's always how he shot any action. At least he was great with women. I tried to fix it when my time came around. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”