Feedback wanted: what appeals to you about quicksand art?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
SinkerCutie

Re: Feedback wanted: what appeals to you about quicksand art?

Postby SinkerCutie » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:38 am

Well, I look for good art with the sink, possibly submergence, usually innocent pleasure, but mostly the victim being messy from the sink.

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:41 am

I've done a few manipulations. The appeal for me there is pairing a stunning model whose pose and facial expression give me ideas, with a stunning bog. I try to put in effort to get the image as seamless and polished as possible, depending on what I have to work with.

My drawings are not ready for the light of day.

As for what other have made, images start to catch my eye when the off-balance pose of the sinking figure, their uneasy facial expression, the heavy ripples and lingering traces of disturbances on the mud's surface, or other such tells combine to indicate the figure is dealing with a viscous, shifting mire. Contrast this with an inertly and even comfortably posed figure standing in a textureless flat plane that might as well be nothing more than murky water -- even a tasteful "DANGER QUICKSAND" sign cannot make that appealing.

Nude, voluptuous figures and scenarios of sexual stimulation by the mire are appealing, but for me that always plays second fiddle to the quicksand being bottomless, hard/impossible to escape from, and to fear having a place somewhere in the overall emotional tone. My interest usually drops off sharply when it's the former without the latter ever coming into play, but as you've mentioned, a high-quality work can stand out anyway.

Most of your work hits my buttons, and I hope inspiration continues to strike you.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:56 pm

as a consumer who is looking for unwilling damsels in distress, art has the potential to precisely show the expression on her face (i prefer feisty "you'll never get away with this" defiance), the perfect depth (i prefer just as the quicksand is reaching the heaving bosom), the setting... all those can be captured (pun intended) in a well timed photo, but the artist can make it happen exactly :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:42 am

I’m surprised you have to ask; you needn’t look any further than your own artwork :D

I’ve said this before on here I think, but I like a variety of things in the quicksand genre. Different characters (but preferably female), willing and unwilling, different reactions (erotic vs. terror, or both), different themes and circumstances, different substances, different endings etc. I guess for me, it’s all about creating a unique and intriguing scene/story.

Lately, I’ve also been interested in I guess you could say, “twists of fate.” A sequence of fateful decisions or a simple mistake, the one item one forgot or is simply too far from reach, a noise that masks ones cries for help etc. And it can work both ways, it doesn’t always have to lead to a bad ending. I realize that’s probably difficult to convey in a single drawing, maybe more of a theme for stories.

Quality is important too as others have mentioned, but a good idea/theme/story can sometimes make up for deficiencies in quality.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Mudbogz

Postby Mudbogz » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 am

Having done artwork myself (actual pen and ink stuff, not manipulations, though I've done those too), I'd have to say its the ability to render the art exactly how you want.... i.e. depth, outfit, hair color etc without depending on others to submit something that meets your ideals. I've done everything from calf to ears deep and each had it's own allure depending on what I wanted to accomplish with the finished product. Some of my favorites are: My Avatar pic of the female Air Force pilot who had a soft landing, Wanna Partay, which was done as a depiction of one of Danger Girl's Stories, CroftQS3 and Dangergrrl3 among others. I guess I'm going to have to locate where I put my artwork and rescan everything... A Computer crash took out the last folder of my artwork.

Sadly though, I haven't put pencil to paper for quite awhile. Drawing is a mood you have to be in or you can't draw a straight line... and I haven't been in the mood for a long time now.

Mudbogz _________\0/__________

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 pm

You want to go places with qs art that you can't go in real life. It might be over the top and totally bombastic like some work of Acid Tester or Pete Boggs or it might be very simple. It's something that expands on reality. Beyond that it's up to the creator.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:You want to go places with qs art that you can't go in real life. It might be over the top and totally bombastic like some work of Acid Tester or Pete Boggs or it might be very simple. It's something that expands on reality. Beyond that it's up to the creator.

AT's material is just one example of "over the top" but I agree with the idea that art is a great venue for doing things that would just not be possible with photography or videography.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

qsemergency

Postby qsemergency » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:30 pm

For me it is that I get to see the one person that I really want to see in Quicksand... My wife!!
And just for the record it is that I want to see her as a damsel in distress (and not dead).
A few people have done requests for me and she always is rescued in the end.
But that is the one great thing about artwork.

gamepal

Postby gamepal » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:58 pm

I used to do some quicksand related drawings back in the day ( I haven't done so in a while now bit I have been thinking about doing some again) and I agree with you. As an artist you have more control over how to imagine the scene to look with how you envisioned it in your head, like what characters to use, what the scenario will be, how you want the sand or that ever substance that are sinking in to look like, etc. I kinda have this thing for superheroines in peril, especially when it involves quicksand. Though those types of scenarios are few and far between was what lead me to draw them myself.

As for consuming art related to quicksand, one thing I do appreciate is the outcome. I'm not really a fan of grim ending when the person is completely submerged with now hope of getting out. I do appreciate seeing how a person or people manage to escape just as much as I like seeing them sink.

Other interests may include the style of art, the setup, and the characters (may sound a little vague, but mostly anything that catches my attention).

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 pm

I usually look for the victim being the right age, being quite voluptuous, and if the substance looks really thick and pleasuring. Enjoying it or not, it doth not matter to me.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Return to “General Discussion”