Olympic Quicksand

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

Olympic Quicksand

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Have you ever pondered an Olympic Quicksand competition? The classes? Competitors? Categories?

How long can she float? How fast can she sink? Tied up? Indoor vs all natural competition? Vine swinging? Survival Decathlon where the goal is just to get from one end of the swamp to another? Pairs and Team competitions? The possibilities...
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Re: Olympic Quicksand

Postby Fred588 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Have you ever pondered an Olympic Quicksand competition? The classes? Competitors? Categories?

How long can she float? How fast can she sink? Tied up? Indoor vs all natural competition? Vine swinging? Survival Decathlon where the goal is just to get from one end of the swamp to another? Pairs and Team competitions? The possibilities...

I am aware that in the Netherlands somewhere there is a sort of horizontal pole vault event across a canal. I think that would be mostly water but with some mud beneath but it could be improved a great deal by filling the canal with all mud.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

To make another suggestion quite a long time back when we had a functioning chat room I remember a good deal of discussion through which we invented a sort of wrestling event. There were to be nine wrestling square in a three by three arrangement. All the outer squares had regular mats and there were ropes around the outer perimeter. The center square, however, was to be a deep pit of mud and to win one had to either pin the opponent in the traditional manner or submerge the opponent in the mud. As I vaguely recall we also decided the whole thing should be surrounded by stadium seats equipped with beer dispensers and slot machines. Obviously, however, this would be far too popular to do just once every four years.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:54 pm

I would love to see a competition on who can get out the fastest after being neck deep. Then each round the mud gets thicker and thicker. So the first rounds are pretty easy but then each round gets much harder. I think it would be Summer v. Star for the gold with Star pulling the upset, and Summer the silver, and then Ashley Lane for the bronze. Annabelle Pync would be disqualified for never getting out, and need machinery to extract her. I can only dream!

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:09 pm

He may or may not remember it but I emailed Dave and suggested that he staged an MPV olympics quite a number of years ago - probably in the run-up to the 2012 games as they were here in London in that year and everywhere I looked was olympic this, olympic that :lol: Can't remember what the reply was (or even if there was one), but obviously it never happened! :|

beachbum wrote:I would love to see a competition on who can get out the fastest after being neck deep. Then each round the mud gets thicker and thicker. So the first rounds are pretty easy but then each round gets much harder. I think it would be Summer v. Star for the gold with Star pulling the upset, and Summer the silver, and then Ashley Lane for the bronze. Annabelle Pync would be disqualified for never getting out, and need machinery to extract her. I can only dream!

One of my suggestions was pretty much identical to this one! 8-) :mrgreen:

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:13 pm

I have pondered hosting some sports event at TGS like a swamp run. Other disciplines might be deep mud wrestling or long jump. Maybe I will eventually get around to implementing these ideas... one of those years.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:25 am

I could imagine a new mud run event where the mud was actually MUD instead of just dirty water like it normally turns out to be. Mud runs should be run through actual deep mud where you’re required to transverse across mud banks where the mud is for all practical purposes, bottomless. That way you would either end up sinking down to your chest and get yourself trapped or figure out another way to cross over it. It took me 45 minutes to cross a mud bank last Saturday. I had to lay on my back and push myself forward with my legs. That didn’t get me but a few inches at a time, but eventually I made it to a tidal creek that led to the Intercoastal waterway. It probably would’ve taken longer, but the incoming tide made it a bit easier when enough water had returned to carry some of my weight. So yeah, a REAL MUD RUN would be a great Olympic sport. And the athletes should embrace the original Olympic Games as they were initially held in Greece…. by going through naked.

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:26 am

Sinkman61 wrote:I could imagine a new mud run event where the mud was actually MUD instead of just dirty water like it normally turns out to be. Mud runs should be run through actual deep mud where you’re required to transverse across mud banks where the mud is for all practical purposes, bottomless. That way you would either end up sinking down to your chest and get yourself trapped or figure out another way to cross over it. It took me 45 minutes to cross a mud bank last Saturday. I had to lay on my back and push myself forward with my legs. That didn’t get me but a few inches at a time, but eventually I made it to a tidal creek that led to the Intercoastal waterway. It probably would’ve taken longer, but the incoming tide made it a bit easier when enough water had returned to carry some of my weight. So yeah, a REAL MUD RUN would be a great Olympic sport. And the athletes should embrace the original Olympic Games as they were initially held in Greece…. by going through naked.

Dude, like I had almost exactly the same idea several years ago! A race in the mud, accept the race course is pockmarked with holes of bottomless mud the athletes may happen to run into and get stuck and sink, possibly under. And if you got the Woman's Beach Volleyball teams to do it they're virtually naked already, so it really wouldn't make much difference either way :lol: Unless of course, it's the Norwegians.
Last edited by Theo on Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:28 am

Another idea, maybe a race to rescue a damsel in quicksand? Could also a triathlon type thing where the athletes have to run, shoot, and solve riddles along the way or whatever. And all the while, the trapped damsels are sinking deeper, and deeper :P
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 pm

Theo wrote:Another idea, maybe a race to rescue a damsel in quicksand? Could also a triathlon type thing where the athletes have to run, shoot, and solve riddles along the way or whatever. And all the while, the trapped damsels are sinking deeper, and deeper :P

love this idea, we'd need some way to equalize things so the damsels are sinking at proportionally the same rate, or everyone would just get their tallest damsel and the shorties would have no chance

like, the best player on the Russian volleyball team... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “General Discussion”