The Art of Sinking

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Rickington

Re: The Art of Sinking

Postby Rickington » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:07 pm

:D Funny someone mentioned the idea of running into another sinker... this happened to me early in the summer last year. My main mudflat is on the QSF map and lo and behold, I ran into a fellow sinker on one of my adventures. As I was approaching the footpath to my spot, I found another car parked in the tiny lot for the now-disused trail. I approached the mudflat not knowing what to expect... but after getting to the flat, I saw a guy up to his shoulders in "my" swamp. xD

cj125 wrote:Miniscule but not zero! I've actually run into another member here while visiting a nearby spot that he put on the mud map. I will tell you it is an odd feeling being neck deep in the middle of a tidal flat and seeing another person approaching. Like what the hell do I say in this situation? "Just going for a swim!" :lol: Great guy. Even let me borrow some of his portable shower and a towel for clean up.

Aww thanks for the compliment!

cj125

Re: The Art of Sinking

Postby cj125 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:46 pm

Rickington wrote::x Funny someone mentioned the idea of running into another sinker... this happened to me early in the summer last year. My main mudflat is on the QSF map and lo and behold, I ran into a fellow sinker on one of my adventures. As I was approaching the footpath to my spot, I found another car parked in the tiny lot for the now-disused trail. I approached the mudflat not knowing what to expect... but after getting to the flat, I saw a guy up to his shoulders in "my" swamp. xD

He was finishing up his sink as I got in. I wonder if I'll encounter him again in the future....?

Yup that was me! :lol: I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t happened sooner as I’m pretty sure I’ve visited just about all of the spots you’ve listed in the QS map at one time or another. You find some damn good mud and I appreciate you putting those pins out there!

Return to “General Discussion”