The Art of Sinking

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
maria

The Art of Sinking

Postby maria » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:27 am

I've often thought how difficult the sinking fetish is and the amount of work required just to have some good innocent fun! I am talking about proper sinking and those who manage to get deeper than their knees :lol:

It makes it harder though if like me, dressing for pleasure is an added turn-on. How about this being a start to a lengthy thread about individual experiences and what people have gone through just to have a sink? It includes of course all the preparation, travelling, lead-up, adrenaline rush, people around in the wrong places, failed camera work (which there should be more of) and that dreaded clean-up session. And how about the other, fairer half - the partner if we're lucky enough to have one. It's a long story, but why not kick it off here ...

maria

Re: The Art of Sinking

Postby maria » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:30 am

Lol - I've just seen that across the entire globe there are 9805 subscribers to this forum - what a tiny community we are!!! The chances of the next door neighbour being on the same wavelength are miniscule!

quarrysinker

Postby quarrysinker » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi never found a neighbor myself, I'd be looking for a female partner who, better scenario, would only join me whether we hit some natural spas like in Turkey or Colombia, and that wouldn't count for mud playing :x but I've gone through a lot for the sake of having some good fun in mud for over 30+ years now, well and I didn't have to bother about the dressing up bit cause for me you must enjoy mud in the total nude :D that's my only way! 8-)

cj125

Postby cj125 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:52 pm

maria wrote:Lol - I've just seen that across the entire globe there are 9805 subscribers to this forum - what a tiny community we are!!! The chances of the next door neighbour being on the same wavelength are miniscule!

Miniscule but not zero! I've actually run into another member here while visiting a nearby spot that he put on the mud map. I will tell you it is an odd feeling being neck deep in the middle of a tidal flat and seeing another person approaching. Like what the hell do I say in this situation? "Just going for a swim!" :lol: Great guy. Even let me borrow some of his portable shower and a towel for clean up.

There is definitely a process to it and one that I've had to refine and perfect over the years. I started just walking the nearby river and was able to fine knee to waist deep mud on occasion that I could lay down in. Always full of a ton of sticks that would scratch me to hell. Even got a nasty infection that started moving up my leg and required IV antibiotics to treat. Not an experience that I am keen to repeat.

When I got a car I started utilizing the mud map a bit more and took not of what the landscape looked like in successful areas to try and find others that may not have been marked yet. Using this method I have had some very good luck with finding chest deep to bottomless mud that isn't anymore than a 30 minute drive from me and has a convenient clean up spot. In fact, on my last sink of the season this year, I finally managed to pull off the mythical completely vertical submersion in some wonderfully smooth tidal mud.

The preparation I've got down to a science. Pack a towel, plastic shopping bag for clothes, ziplock bag for important items, change of clothes, and a water bottle. Jump in my beater car and map out where the best place to approach would be from on foot using Google. I always make sure that there is some level of water near by for cleanup. Once I'm done I just go for a swim against the current. 5-10 minute workout and you come out of the water looking relatively clean. Still a tad dirty, yes, but more in the, I was doing active outdoor activities, sense and less in the, I was just over my head in mud, sense.

I will say though that the most effort I've gone through to get to a mud pit though was booking a cross country vacation to Studio 588 for a week and a half to volunteer at Studio 588. Well worth the effort and something I would like to repeat. I was going to go back these past two Summers but of course life got in the way in more than one sense.

glorfindel01

Postby glorfindel01 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:12 am

same here,it's hard find a gal in spain,specially in the middle of no where....lol

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:10 pm

maria wrote:Lol - I've just seen that across the entire globe there are 9805 subscribers to this forum - what a tiny community we are!!! The chances of the next door neighbour being on the same wavelength are miniscule!

Guess what... we're now up to a whopping 9,808! :D I too have seen that number at the bottom before and thought, "I'll bet there's a lot more than that who are into this sort of thing." I've been fascinated by mud and quicksand for 15+ years and I only joined QSF 8-9 months ago. Still, it'd surprise me if the real number was much or even at all into the six figures.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:38 am

The Art of Sinking” I love the title! I feel I’m not really experienced enough to comment here, but I think I can understand a lot of the difficulties, details (and frustrations) you write about. For me, those are mostly the reasons I haven’t had a chance to do much sinking. I’ve seen some, “tasty looking areas,” as Dave says, in my area, many of which are probably on public land. But privacy is still a concern, and access would likely be through private property, which brings its own risks. So, I’ve had pretty limited experience with sinking unfortunately, save for a few, not so interesting experiences.

When we first moved here, I eagerly explored the property and area around, hoping to find something interesting. There once was a large mud/peat flat in a cove adjacent to our property, but however promising in appearance, at most it was two, maybe two and half feet deep, and very difficult to get to (dense vegetation and steep terrain). And a few years later, a gully washer came through and did as the term implies. Washed all the mud and peat away down to the gravel bar beneath.

After that, I was so excited when I found a little muddy spot in a creek bed on our property. It was a 15’ – 20’, ragged oval mud flat, surrounded by dense forest so it was quite secluded, but also not terribly difficult to get to get close to on my ATV. The only catch, of course, was on its own, it was rarely ever more than 6”- 8” deep, sometimes maybe a foot at most. Once, I did happen to find a small shaft of mud on the edge that was maybe three feet deep, but being so small laterally, it wasn’t super interesting. I even brought a shovel several times when it wasn’t completely flooded and tried digging it out some, but there seemed to be a layer of gravel about two to three feet down so that’s as far as I could go. And like the other place, it’s since been washed out and is now filled with gravel. It could’ve been a perfect spot, if only it had been chest deep, give or take.

Those and other experiences I've had on treks around where I’m at ultimately became the inspiration for, The Road She Shouldn't Have Traveled (Except, I made the cove out to be the bottomless quicksand I wish it would’ve been).
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

SunbeamZero

Postby SunbeamZero » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:38 am

My thoughts, in particularly Texas State in the northwestern part of Austin there. Very rare to find clean smooth little hazardous & secluded non-private property bottomless mud. I am not a big fan of driving 4 plus hours to another state or region just to savor mud.

Where I am able to get muddy would be at a public park, but yet the ground is naturally hazardous with sticks, bugs, & diseases. Not very peanut butter smooth & safe. Always have to look over my shoulder for passerby...

maria

Postby maria » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:45 am

After reading a few replies, it seems that living out our quicksand experiences are more than difficult!

Are there any out there who get sink? Perhaps many are online viewers and fantasizers?

;)

k2g2j2k2

Postby k2g2j2k2 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:55 am

I once almost died of heat stroke walking through 6' tall grass thinking there would be mud. Lesson learned. Yeah finding locations is work.
A second time I visited a quarry. The edges to the mud were too tall and too steep. Almost got caught exploring as well. :roll:
Hopefully I'll have better luck next year lol

Return to “General Discussion”