Warning for those who plan on sinking in tar/asphalt

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Musekal

Re: Warning for those who plan on sinking in tar/asphalt

Postby Musekal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 am

Can we also address the avatar pic of what's clearly a young teenage girl?

Postby Moderator » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:40 am

Musekal wrote:Can we also address the avatar pic of what's clearly a young teenage girl?

Maybe he'll fix it next year when he's 18 and no longer banned.

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:33 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I have a daughter who is 21, single, tall, and likes animals. I'd like for you to marry her. For your wedding present I'm going to take out the biggest life insurance policy I can get on you. :roll:

A most generous offer Duncan. If Anonymou3 isn’t interested, would you be willing to extend the offer to me? If so, would it be possible to get like a 90 day trial/dating period to see if we’re compatible with one another? And you don’t have to worry about me exploring any tar pits, though I might someday explore some muddy places.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Theo wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:I have a daughter who is 21, single, tall, and likes animals. I'd like for you to marry her. For your wedding present I'm going to take out the biggest life insurance policy I can get on you. :roll:

A most generous offer Duncan. If Anonymou3 isn’t interested, would you be willing to extend the offer to me? If so, would it be possible to get like a 90 day trial/dating period to see if we’re compatible with one another? And you don’t have to worry about me exploring any tar pits, though I might someday explore some muddy places.

Sorry, no. I felt comfortable offering it to him because if he did anything like he claimed, and I'm highly doubtful, he'd make me rich before the first anniversary. Trust me, you really don't want your father-in-law betting you will be dead. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:02 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Sorry, no. I felt comfortable offering it to him because if he did anything like he claimed, and I'm highly doubtful, he'd make me rich before the first anniversary. Trust me, you really don't want your father-in-law betting you will be dead. :mrgreen:

Funny Meme.jpg

;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:47 am

:D
Duncan Edwards wrote:
Theo wrote:

Sorry, no. I felt comfortable offering it to him because if he did anything like he claimed, and I'm highly doubtful, he'd make me rich before the first anniversary. Trust me, you really don't want your father-in-law betting you will be dead. :mrgreen:

Duncan, it sounds like you’ve been rehearsing this ;)

I called bullshit the minute I read the title. My concern was more or less that some gullible soul will read it thinking that it’s actually a good idea to try it. Part of me is screaming Darwinism while the other feels compelled to be a halfway decent human and tell folks otherwise.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:59 pm

TK421 wrote:I called bullshit the minute I read the title. My concern was more or less that some gullible soul will read it thinking that it’s actually a good idea to try it. Part of me is screaming Darwinism while the other feels compelled to be a halfway decent human and tell folks otherwise.

Well, yeah. I was right there with you. I thought I'd let it play out and after a while it just seemed time to step in. As it turned out, this is a place for people who can at least behave like adults even if they aren't. After a little investigation it turns out he failed on both counts. Surprise. :roll:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:16 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:
TK421 wrote:I called bullshit the minute I read the title. My concern was more or less that some gullible soul will read it thinking that it’s actually a good idea to try it. Part of me is screaming Darwinism while the other feels compelled to be a halfway decent human and tell folks otherwise.

Well, yeah. I was right there with you. I thought I'd let it play out and after a while it just seemed time to step in. As it turned out, this is a place for people who can at least behave like adults even if they aren't. After a little investigation it turns out he failed on both counts. Surprise. :roll:

Well, if we’re being honest.

I was really wanting to hear his tall tale adventure in lava dipping next :lol: :lol:
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:43 am

What he had claimed to do seemed to be a bit too risky for someone to do such a thing for real (death wish?), which is cause for much skepticism. :? When I first read his posting, and I asked him how deep he had sunk, I thought maybe realistically around ankle deep on the edge, but was surprised to hear him claiming to have sunk waist deep in around 20 seconds! :shock: Even though his story should be taken with a grain of salt, my imagination still exploded into full overdrive, full of "what-if's"! :shock:

I figured that if he had really sunk waist deep in 20 seconds before fighting his way out, that he was sinking at a rate of around 1.7 inches a second, or roughly a foot every 7 seconds, or close to 9 feet a minute! :shock:

If he had really sunk to his waist before fighting his way out, he would have been cutting it close to certain death, because:

- He would have been only 15 seconds away from taking his final breath as his mouth and nose got sucked under the suffocating tar if he didn't hit bottom before that! :shock:

- He would have been only 18 seconds away from having the tar sucking closed above his head if he didn't hit bottom before that! :shock:

During his escape, he couldn't keep pushing his hands down in any one spot for very long, or they would get sucked into the thick non-Newtonian fluid, so he would have to be pushing down all over the place! I also wondered how deep he would have sunk before trying to get out if the tar wasn't so hot! :? Based on how much effort it took to fight his way out from being sucked down waist deep, would he have even had the ability to escape from that deeper depth due to less leverage to push himself up due to a higher surface to push down on, with more of his body gripped by the sucking tar? :shock: I figured that there would be no chance once it sucked closed over his shoulders! :shock: So, in his story, he was likely just mere seconds away from the "point of no return"! :shock:

There is also no idea of what his skin might have absorbed from the time he first stepped in, to the time he finished cleaning it off! :shock: And, how did he manage to conceal his messy body to get home without anyone noticing (he likely would have had only a t-shirt and shorts on such a warm day)? :?

So, even though his story was very/most likely fiction, it provided quite an entertaining fantasy buffet in terms of imagining myself in his "place", running different "what-if" scenarios (only safe way to sink in tar is in the imagination). :roll:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:53 pm

TK421 wrote:Well, if we’re being honest.

I was really wanting to hear his tall tale adventure in lava dipping next :lol: :lol:

I've done that!!!
It was a cool evening when I set off across the lava fields at Volcano National Park. I had to go past the warning markers, of course, but with such a large area the park rangers didn't bother trying to control idiots like me. As I got close to the active flow, the soles of my shoes began to melt, so I had to take them off. Imagine my embarrassment when I forgot to take my socks off, and they instantly burst into flames! I took off the rest of my clothes so they wouldn't burn either, and proceeded naked. At least it was dark, or I likely would have gotten sunburn; I hadn't thought to bring sunscreen.

The lava was soft and thick when I dipped my toes in, and surprisingly warm. I pulled my foot back out and watched as it cooled from liquid to solid, crumbling as I flexed my foot and wiggled my toes. Then I took a deep breath and leapt forward. This was almost a mistake!

I landed with both feet and immediately plunged knee-deep into the flowing lava. The red light made my skin look golden tan, despite my pale complexion. The lava was thick and soft and warm and welcomed me in, the current carrying me gently downstream as I began to sink. I rocked back and forth, working myself deeper, until I was down to my waist, which only took about 6 hours. Let me tell you, having your "junk" enveloped by soft, warm lava is amazing! I think I probably came about 17 times.

About then, I realized I was losing a lot of fluid, and needed to worry about dehydration. I hadn't brought any water for my 5-mile trek across the lava plains, so I needed to head home. Climbing out was really challenging; the lava didn't want to let me go! But by pressing down on the surface with my hands, rocking back and forth, and also farting for propulsion, I was able to get clear in about 5 seconds.

I'd been carried about a mile from my clothes, and as I walked back, the lava hardened and flaked off, also carrying my body hair with it. From the waist down, I was completely smooth! Which made getting dressed an interesting sensation. I can't wait to get deeper next time!

Once I was dressed, I walked back to my car. Since I didn't have socks anymore, I ended up with a blister, which was very painful.

Oh, I almost forgot! As I was drifting in the lava flow, a geologist came up to the site and took some samples! I stayed very still, and he was so intent on his work that he never saw me as I was carried past.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “General Discussion”