Found a quarry

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Lintime Sinker

Re: Found a quarry

Postby Lintime Sinker » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 pm

You should try opaque tights to be warm besides the cold weather.

Dutchmudding

Postby Dutchmudding » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:21 pm

Lintime Sinker wrote:You should try opaque tights to be warm besides the cold weather.

Do they really keep me warm? :oops: sounds interesting.

TurtleQ

Postby TurtleQ » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:24 am

Sorry for re activating this thread but I am a fellow Dutchie as well.
If you could be so friendly as to tell me the location? I could also tell you some of my favourite spots :)

did you try the quarry already? and how was it?

TurtleQ

Postby TurtleQ » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:32 am

It looks like its a gem that you have found. be sure to dress warm, when I go sinking in the Netherlands I always end up being too cold especially around this time of the year. It really helps to bring a towel with you to dry up a bit after your sink, it makes the going back part so much more pleasant.

Dutchmudding

Postby Dutchmudding » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:13 pm

Hi Turtle!
Sure I can provide a location could you send me an email so we can discuss things there??
I have tried the location. At one spot there's excellent quicksand but gotta fully explore the quarry yet.
The last time I went for a look there was some activity. It seemed to me they are actively filling the pond :D
Could mean even better thing's to be found there!

TurtleQ

Postby TurtleQ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:22 am

Dutchmudding wrote:Hi Turtle!
Sure I can provide a location could you send me an email so we can discuss things there??
I have tried the location. At one spot there's excellent quicksand but gotta fully explore the quarry yet.
The last time I went for a look there was some activity. It seemed to me they are actively filling the pond :D
Could mean even better thing's to be found there!

Hey Dutch, i can’t seem to send an email to you, it seems you have this option hidden or disabled. I recently just joined this site and still figuring out how it works.. kind of.
If you could try to send me an email or pm maybe that would work. It’s good to find another fellow dutchie on here :)

Dutchmudding

Postby Dutchmudding » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:27 pm

Last edited by Dutchmudding on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TurtleQ

Postby TurtleQ » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:37 pm

Hey Dutch,

I think that i have sent you an email but im not sure if it went through? Could you maybe try mailing or pm’ing me to see if that works?

TurtleQ

Postby TurtleQ » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:47 pm

Hey Dutch.

I haven't had a response from you in the mail and i just saw that apparently my mails cannot be send to your email. Did you turn the option off again or am i doing something wrong, i really dont know haha.

maybe we can try pm'ing, that would make it easier.

Groetn

Slugjaba1922

Postby Slugjaba1922 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 pm

sometimes a quarry has a website where they list what types of sand they sell which will be in that pit. Golf course sand gets in your eye lashes and concrete sand is the best cause its super smooth and you can sink under naked in maybe 2 minutes at a easy going rate.
The stuff that looks water logged like where everything bounces around you is usually something I prefer to stay away from.
1. because its uncomfortable
2. its got a ceiling to it and sometimes its just nothing underneath and finding out how disappointing it is to get back to solid ground just sucks.

grey color vs a orange color
grey color is usually from rocks in a quarry I don't have much experience with them because the ones where I live are heavily fortified and hard to get to.
orange color.
seen it all.
my advice orange is good grey is bad but thats just me.

Return to “General Discussion”