Quarry Security

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Bird320

Quarry Security

Postby Bird320 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:46 am

Hi y'all,

I am interested in venturing out to some local quarries in my area, though an very concerned about security. I am aware of the risks (fines and arrest and normal mud risks), but am just trying to cover all my bases since every time I look at quarry mud pits (tailing pits or settlement ponds or whatever) I get too.. distracted lol. It's still winter here but I would like to do some reconnaissance on the weekends. Sticking near the woods along the sides and not tromping about the quarry, just watching for security and weekend work.

What are some things I should be looking for? Cameras? Security patterns? Signs of weekend activity? A lot of them near me will have their gates locked but I am not sure that is a good sign it is fully empty.

Also, again it's winter here so I assume most interesting stuff is froze over but anything I should keep an eye out for in the mud/silt.

Thank you!

Duncan Edwards

Re: Quarry Security

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:42 pm

This has been covered about a thousand times over the years but here goes -

Travel light.
Go on a Sunday.
Do your homework and plan escape as well as entrance.
For best and safest results look for brown mud and avoid gray.

Don't get caught.
Don't get stuck.

Trust me.
alabama647.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:25 pm

One thing I never saw mentioned here but do have some (very) little experience with is that in winter, mud in settling ponds can freeze over just like water, meaning that if you walk out onto a frozen pit you could fall through and end up stuck in freezing but still liquid mud. Hypothermia's a bitch. Watch your step. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Bird320

Postby Bird320 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:51 pm

Thank you both! I definitely wouldn’t be planning on exploring the pits until spring, so just observation. And I have definitely read a lot of different posts about quarries on here, just trying to get everything in order to fill in some lingering concerns I have.

About the brown vs gray mud, what’s the difference? I’ve read a lot about sand content and how that impacts how quarry settlement pits can be.

Thank you all this is a very supportive community.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:19 pm

Bird320 wrote:Thank you both! I definitely wouldn’t be planning on exploring the pits until spring, so just observation. And I have definitely read a lot of different posts about quarries on here, just trying to get everything in order to fill in some lingering concerns I have.

About the brown vs gray mud, what’s the difference? I’ve read a lot about sand content and how that impacts how quarry settlement pits can be.

Thank you all this is a very supportive community.

Brown mud is silt from washing sand or clay. Gray mud is gravel dust and may just as easily contain concrete tailings, ammonia, gypsum, all kinds of potentially nasty stuff. The brown stuff is slippery-er and often easier to sink in and less likely to solidify as it's less dense.

Pardon my little quasi-rant - I know we have entertained this question and similar many times here. I'm happy to do so. But what gets me is how so many can't ever seem to do this. They never leave the couch. I've been party to surreptitious entry into more than a few locations with fences and signs while accompanied by a group of people with cameras and gear for an entire day. We didn't have satellite recon or explicit instruction or Delta Force on call or anything and survived just fine. While things have changed some you can be reasonably prudent and intelligent about it and just get your ass out there.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:44 pm

^^Agreed. People worry way too much. I don't talk about it on here because it's not appropriate but lets just say I've been sinking long before I was of legal age to join this site.

For many years the thought of getting caught never even occured to me, I'd just ride my bike into the quarry, let it lay by a bush, get naked and dive in. :D

Been going to the same spot for better than 30 years and I've never been "caught", but I have maybe been seen a time or two and ignored as part of the scenery.

Everything fun in life involves risk. What's a better story to tell your friends?
"So there I was, sitting on the couch eating Doritos......"
Or....
"So I'm running naked through the woods covered in mud with two dogs and a pissed off Security guard on my ass...."
Take risks. Have the best stories. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:17 pm

Mynock wrote:^Take risks. Have the best stories. 8-)

Well phrased. It was once a mission statement for youth. Ironic that today it's been replaced by a corporate logo that says Just do it. But they don't.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do more than the things you did. - Mark Twain

The words of a prophet that I have tried to live by much of my life. I've encountered certain people that helped me find a lot more to try and I'll never be sorry.

Anyhow, get outside. Go meet girls. Right after sunset one night take one to this quarry and enjoy the playtime of your life. Even if you only do it once I promise you'll never forget it or regret it.

Bird320

Postby Bird320 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:31 pm

Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I think for me it’s more of a problem of motivation, though now that my adult life is starting to take shape I am more interested in muddying beyond my local parks.

I will try not to let you down, but also I am trying not to get into deep trouble (lol). Just trying to have fun. I think for a lot of things you have to do it at least once to find easier motivation to do it again.

I’m more into the “stuck” part of the fetish, so I have other safety concerns to keep in mind at these places too.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Just get up and do it is usually good advice. When I was just under 20 I made an appointment with the college swimming coach to talk about becoming a referee for competitive swimming. It was his opinion that the best way to really learn the rules was to be a competitive swimmer. I only learned to swim at about 16, although I was now pretty competent. My answer to him was that I was too old to start as a competitive swimmer. This was on a Wednesday. He gave me a challenge. He said to come to practice starting tomorrow - he would teach me what he called the "slow fly" and I would swim in my first meet the following Saturday. I did, he did, and I did. My role for the next three years was to finish. That scored one point for the team in a dual meet and several times was the difference. I won one race in my entire career - when my opponent was a swimmer with the same role. Subsequently the entire first two-thirds of my career was built around swimming, even though I never did become a referee or a swimming coach.

What I learned was to stop dreaming and talking about it and DO it.

Oh, and I also played water polo with the same team.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:59 am

So there you have it. It's less about security than it is about motivation. Problem solved. Get moving.

Return to “General Discussion”