Quarry Security

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
rasher

Re: Quarry Security

Postby rasher » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:14 am

dlodoski wrote:
rasher wrote:Quarry mud is so good and usually you can get a way in.

Unfortunately I’m on a greencard here in the US, and trespass is a felony - I really don’t want to risk deportation over this so for the time being I am abstaining!

From my experience, there are multiple flavors of trespassing charges. In my case, I was charged with a rather meaningful version, and it was reduced to a lighter one. However, they were both misdemeanors.

But it all comes down to the jurisdiction as to what laws are on the books. I guess my takeaway is that you would have to really have to push it to be charged with some sort of felony over trespassing.

Interesting. I just looked up the law in California and indeed its treated as a misdemeanor, and a felony only in specific circumstances (i.e. aggravated entry).

Interestingly, specifically part of the CA trespass law:

taking soil, dirt, or stone off of someone else’s land without permission

QUICKSANDMAN

Postby QUICKSANDMAN » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:42 am

Did some research on it, "aggregates" is all the official mine website says, the surrounding processing facilities, which are directly fed from underground, say "Livestock Feed Supplements and Suspensions, Industrial Lime, Calcium Carbonate, AG Lime, Road Materials, Concrete Materials, Rip Rap"
And here is a photo, I've explored all of it, and 90% is dry, but there is a really good spot that has great deep potential in the corner of the largest pool
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:54 pm

*Disclaimer #2 For This Thread*
In addition to not being a Lawyer I am also not a Chemist. Your milage may vary.

The question is whether your sinky substance is pure Limestone (like crushed rock out of the ground) or a treated Limstone product. The former is harmless. The latter can have a very low PH and cause severe burns.

Based on the fact that it's just being dumped on the ground (EPA regs would forbid this for a treated product), and the fact you already dipped some digits in it and didn't get burned I think you found a pit of Limestone slurry. Maybe go back and just get knee deep this time and see if there are any ill effects?
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:41 am

Mynock wrote: .... I think you found a pit of Limestone slurry. Maybe go back and just get knee deep this time and see if there are any ill effects?

Rob found one.

He couldn't get cleaned up in a timely fashion and literally got scarred for life.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:11 pm

dlodoski wrote:Rob found one.

He couldn't get cleaned up in a timely fashion and literally got scarred for life.

That sounds like a bad day. :shock: Was the effect instantaneous or something like a sunburn in that you don't realize what happened until it's too late?
--Sun Tzu

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Mynock wrote:

That sounds like a bad day. :shock: Was the effect instantaneous or something like a sunburn in that you don't realize what happened until it's too late?

I will not try to transcribe the story as it was told. But it had to do with razor sharp pieces of dried lime clay in the groin area. (He went in without a cleanup plan in place)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:43 pm

dlodoski wrote:I will not try to transcribe the story as it was told. But it had to do with razor sharp pieces of dried lime clay in the groin area. (He went in without a cleanup plan in place)

Yikes. I thought you were talking a chemical burn type situation buuuut....yea. That sounds pretty bad too. I think I'll take my quicksand without Lime, thanks.
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:55 pm

Mynock wrote:
dlodoski wrote:I will not try to transcribe the story as it was told. But it had to do with razor sharp pieces of dried lime clay in the groin area. (He went in without a cleanup plan in place)

Yikes. I thought you were talking a chemical burn type situation buuuut....yea. That sounds pretty bad too. I think I'll take my quicksand without Lime, thanks.

Even assuming that "lime" here refers only to pulverized limestone, limestone is made primarily of billions of compressed, microscopic sea shells. SHARP!
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

rubik-pillow

Postby rubik-pillow » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:22 pm

dlodoski wrote:
Mynock wrote:

I will not try to transcribe the story as it was told. But it had to do with razor sharp pieces of dried lime clay in the groin area. (He went in without a cleanup plan in place)

Just found this site and I’m intrigued. I know it’s probably messed up but I’d like to know the whole story. I moved to a new area recently and the only close by quarries in this area (2+ hour drive) all have gray mud. Not much goes on with sand around here. There was a sand quarry with brown mud where I used to live and it was great but that’s no longer an option. I spent a lot of time in the gray stuff with what seems like no issue. Lower legs do feel itchy/burnt but I think that’s from the hideous amount of saw grass I walked through. Feet and elsewhere are a little dry but feel fine, nothing out of the ordinary for the ordeal. Doesn’t seem to be any issue with the stuff. I believe this quarry is strictly limestone.

Would plants be growing/frogs chirping in mud with such acidity?

If pics of the settling pools I was in would help I can PM them.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:30 pm

rubik-pillow wrote: ....Just found this site and I’m intrigued. I know it’s probably messed up but I’d like to know the whole story. I moved to a new area recently and the only close by quarries in this area (2+ hour drive) all have gray mud. Not much goes on with sand around here. There was a sand quarry with brown mud where I used to live and it was great but that’s no longer an option. I spent a lot of time in the gray stuff with what seems like no issue. Lower legs do feel itchy/burnt but I think that’s from the hideous amount of saw grass I walked through. Feet and elsewhere are a little dry but feel fine, nothing out of the ordinary for the ordeal. Doesn’t seem to be any issue with the stuff. I believe this quarry is strictly limestone.

Would plants be growing/frogs chirping in mud with such acidity?

Limestone is actually alkaline - which could still burn, although that's unlikely.

The larger danger is the physical composition, which Fred pointed out.

Return to “General Discussion”