Upcoming Movie

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
gjhkigkhjf

Re: Upcoming Movie

Postby gjhkigkhjf » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:25 am

TK421 wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Here's another article and IMDB says production is underway. I'll be watching for more. This article seems to think they will spend most of the movie in quicksand. I expect it's more of the usual metaphorical reference to romance and the like. She's cute. He doesn't look too bright. We'll see.

https://www.joblo.com/quicksand-carolin ... lan-hawco/

About the only way I can think of to have actual quicksand images throughout a 90 minute movie with the stated theme is if the quicksand is a flashback visualization of the couples struggles to get along. We shall see.... maybe.

All I know is if Hollywood does nothing but have them hip deep in a mud puddle for 90 minutes, I’m going to rage quit :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb4sYYhDRX7/

To be fair it already sounded like some art metaphor stuff about depression sinking you down. ultimately while it sounded more like a shock film at first due to quicksand being recognized more as fetish stuff nowadays, It makes sense that it would be a sad grey puddle that they will crouch waist/chest/neck deep or submerge into.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:15 pm

It appears that they are three weeks into actual shooting. We'll be following them closely.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:It appears that they are three weeks into actual shooting. We'll be following them closely.

Or you could be proactive about this Duncan and you or Fred or one of the other producers offer their services as quicksand experts, for an agreed fee.

That way, what is probably going to be a massive disappointment for all of us QS fans turns into something much more satisfying.

If one of you were at the helm we'd get to see the likes of Gal Gadot, Bryce Dallas Howard and Scarlett Johansen involved in sink after sink after sink.

Wouldn't that be something?

(Tongue firmly in cheek, as if I need to say so.) ;)

Thanks,

Redjak.

SinkThatDamsel

Postby SinkThatDamsel » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:06 pm

I envision a future DVD commentary track where ScarJo says "It just occurred to me, this was the third movie — wait, no, FOURTH movie — where Gal Gadot and I were bound back-to-back, sinking slowly to our doom. What a coincidence!"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:19 pm

redjak6t4 wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:It appears that they are three weeks into actual shooting. We'll be following them closely.

Or you could be proactive about this Duncan and you or Fred or one of the other producers offer their services as quicksand experts, for an agreed fee.

That way, what is probably going to be a massive disappointment for all of us QS fans turns into something much more satisfying.

If one of you were at the helm we'd get to see the likes of Gal Gadot, Bryce Dallas Howard and Scarlett Johansen involved in sink after sink after sink.

Wouldn't that be something?

(Tongue firmly in cheek, as if I need to say so.) ;)

Thanks,

Redjak.

I'm still doubtful that this movie will have anything substantial to offer regardless of the evidence thus far. One rule among media/film types is never pay for anything if you can get it for free. If they were at all curious they have already pillaged every related website for info. We've been approached before by people who needed us and it's not a problem if they want to find Dave or Fred or anyone here for that matter. I'm keeping an eye on all their social media channels and so far it's not overly promising. Stay tuned.

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:09 pm

SinkThatDamsel wrote:I envision a future DVD commentary track where ScarJo says "It just occurred to me, this was the third movie — wait, no, FOURTH movie — where Gal Gadot and I were bound back-to-back, sinking slowly to our doom. What a coincidence!"

Woot! :shock:

FOUR movies, each featuring Gal and Scarlett bound back-to-back and slowly sinking? :!:

If I could create a QS manip of that scenario SinkThatDamsel, I'd be verrrry happy indeed.

And I suspect that a lot of other QS maniacs here would be too.

Thanks for planting that. seriously distracting image in my mind. ;)

Redjak.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:40 am

I came across a site that mentions Carolina Gaitán in three different soap operas each time spending some time being tiedup. In this movie we can only hope she has a lengthy sinking scene.

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:51 pm

TK421 wrote:The only latest Hollywood production worth it’s weight in gold and relatively delivered (and actually wasn’t a bad movie to watch) was The Marsh. That was in 2006. Sadly, Hollywood overall doesn’t have the best track record with these things, but I digress… I have to admit that the likes of Dave and other producers here spoiled me somewhat.

Indeed, the producers on here have quite the knack for creating things we like :D I'll have to check out the The Marsh, sounds intriguing.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:34 pm

Okay, I see they have completed principal photography in Colombia. Doesn't appear to be anything with a huge budget but that might work in our favor. I've been part of a couple thousand of those and they turned out better than most anything Hollywood ever did for us. :mrgreen:

qsemergency

Postby qsemergency » Tue May 10, 2022 10:17 pm

Update on Youtube today with screenshot of the actress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzzN4-L0AWg

Return to “General Discussion”