Upcoming Movie

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
sixgunzloaded

Re: Upcoming Movie

Postby sixgunzloaded » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:18 am

Interesting, that they're putting it on Shudder. From the way it's described, I didn't really take it for a horror movie. :?
Are they trying to make the qs out to be a villain? lol Makes me think of "Twister".
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:20 am

The quicksand as a villain should be okay. I just hope it is not reduced to some plot-device to keep that couple together so they can talk their differences out the whole time... :roll:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Villein

Postby Villein » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:52 am

bogbud wrote:The quicksand as a villain should be okay. I just hope it is not reduced to some plot-device to keep that couple together so they can talk their differences out the whole time... :roll:

How could it be anything else?
PLEASE DELETE

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:07 am

Thank you for the correction. Shame I couldn't get it at least a limited prescreening, but that's the industry, unfortunately.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:31 am

I wouldn't be surprised if this movie turns out to be filled with multiple flashbacks showing how they got to where they are, relationship-wise, in the first place.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:06 am

Ottoklein wrote:Thank you for the correction. Shame I couldn't get it at least a limited prescreening, but that's the industry, unfortunately.

No worries. I have been subscribed to Shudder since God knows when because I’m a horror buff. My only question is:

Why is this being shown on Shudder?! This doesn’t come off as a horror movie at all! Like, not even the slightest. Romantic Drama? Definitely but I don’t see this fitting in between Hatchet II and Critters 3 in a lineup :lol: :lol:
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:48 am

TK421 wrote:This doesn’t come off as a horror movie at all!

Some people do, in fact, find quicksand genuinely terrifying.

And there is a possibility, however remote, that this movie will follow a horror format, and the quicksand will prove more unbeatable and inescapable than they ever dared imagine - and their relationship problems similarly beyond their level of maturity. Following their demise, the camera is left running overlooking the now-motionless bog as credits roll to ominous music.

It would be an amazing bait-and-switch. I want to believe.

Return to “General Discussion”