Starcrash out on blu-ray this year... (link to clip added)

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
DarthMau

Re: Starcrash out on blu-ray this year...

Postby DarthMau » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi! Do any of you pre ordered the DVD/Blu-Ray Starcrash?

I'm not sure if the quicksand scene is included in the deleted scenes, I read on a website that deleted scenes were taken from old VHS's of the Italian edition of the film. Because the original cuts no longer exist.

I hope so, are more than 36 minutes of these scenes and I remember someone from this community saw this scene.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 pm

think I could find this in a store?

I dont like ordering stuff (otherwise I'd have more MPV videos for certain)
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

LordMuck
Location: Somewhere forward of INS 'McArthur's' port torpedo room, brewing poteen.

Postby LordMuck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:20 am

Released September 14 (I guess that's the USA release)- Amazon.
Only a DVD release- Same date- On Amazon UK. Twerps. Import duties, here we come... Yeehah. :evil:
AT, depending on your local video store, they could order it in for you. Quicksand or not, it's still got Caroline Munro 8-) .
"Isaac Asimov has an asinine motto- 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.' I agree with it completely- If it's read correctly. That is, only the incompetent wait until it's the last resort."
- jerry Pournelle

A20

Postby A20 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 am

So anyone get the dvd? lol I thought someone would jump on this today.
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

rhum

Postby rhum » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 am

Bad news ...
The deleted scenes were the scenes that were included in the French version, but not in the US version, and the QS scene was in no actual version of the movie.

Now the QS scene is (kinda) in the 'behind the scenes' part, but that appears to have been filmed with an old 8mm home movie camera, but the entrance and some struggling are displayed.

The QS appears to be (as suspected) dry sawdust.

In the narration of the behind the scenes it is revealed that because of poor quality of some of the added animations that the scenes after the QS scene were dumped, and this happened before special effects were added to the QS scene. And that no known actual footage of the QS scene is known to exist :( .

In another part of the disk some special effects scenes from after the QS scene are displayed (You can tell because she is armed with the rifle that she gets while in, and uses to escape the quicksand) these must be the scenes that convinced the director to s-can the whole sequence.

I have no method of ripping the shots, but figured that I would at least provide a synopsis before anyone else decided to order.

A20

Postby A20 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 am

rhum wrote:Bad news ...
The deleted scenes were the scenes that were included in the French version, but not in the US version, and the QS scene was in no actual version of the movie.

Now the QS scene is (kinda) in the 'behind the scenes' part, but that appears to have been filmed with an old 8mm home movie camera, but the entrance and some struggling are displayed.

The QS appears to be (as suspected) dry sawdust.

In the narration of the behind the scenes it is revealed that because of poor quality of some of the added animations that the scenes after the QS scene were dumped, and this happened before special effects were added to the QS scene. And that no known actual footage of the QS scene is known to exist :( .

In another part of the disk some special effects scenes from after the QS scene are displayed (You can tell because she is armed with the rifle that she gets while in, and uses to escape the quicksand) these must be the scenes that convinced the director to s-can the whole sequence.

I have no method of ripping the shots, but figured that I would at least provide a synopsis before anyone else decided to order.

You could download the VLC player, click view>advanced controls and you will see a record feature. Play the dvd and go to that part and press the red dot button, click it again to end recording. The advanced controls also have a snapshot feature too.
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

rhum

Postby rhum » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 am

Don't think that is going to work with a BRD

But I did post some caps to photobucket

Edit: Pics removed as Dave has added the video
Last edited by rhum on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks for this. The thrashing doesn't look too bad, actually... :)

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:33 am

Thank you indeed for sharing these! I concur with PM2K... the trashing truly does not look bad. Also, her facial expressions are perfect for her struggling. Looks like she grits her teeth as if straining to get free. Again, thanks for sharing!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:40 pm

A20 wrote:...You could download the VLC player, click view>advanced controls and you will see a record feature. Play the dvd and go to that part and press the red dot button, click it again to end recording. The advanced controls also have a snapshot feature too.

This is a great tip. I was not familiar with this feature, but now I can see where it will come in handy. So, thank you A20. :)

Oh, and here's one result.....

http://www.mpvstuff.com/clips/starcrashqsscene.mp4
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”