Quicksand Interest

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Herzeleid

Quicksand Interest

Postby Herzeleid » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a quick question regarding my quicksand interest. I've had a fetish, I'd suppose you'd call it for woman sinking and being sucked under i quicksand, bogs , etc. since I was about 8 years old, and I often wondered what it is that awakened my interest. Perhaps someone on here could explain the psychology behind this ?
I'm not worried about it, as I'm even more of a fan nowadays, but I'd be interested to hear your views on this topic. :D
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Mynock

Re: Quicksand Interest

Postby Mynock » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:28 pm

The interest has always been there, maturing along with me. There was a time between when it became sexual and when Al Gore said "Let there be Internet" that I honestly thought I had some weird mental problem. Then I found the online quicksand community and it's been a ball ever since. :D

As far as the Psychology goes I have no clue what it means or says about me. I'm otherwise a pretty normal well adjusted adult.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:12 pm

This does not address the question directly, but I have said for many years that when it comes to admitting to some sort of fetish, kink, or turn-on there are two kinds of people in the world, and we have a name for each group. One group is called "people who will admit to having a fetish, kink, or turn-on." The other group is called "liars."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:55 pm

As for me, I could pretty much just copy/paste what Mynock said. I bet most of us here could.
I can pretty much trace my initial interest to when I was about 5 years old or so, when I first saw "Tarzan's Hidden Jungle" on Channel 20's Sunday Morning Tarzan Theater. That was about 1972-'73.
Obviously, it wasn't sexual at that age, just... really entrancing for some reason. Though I sometimes wonder - we're all born with our sexuality, naturally. It just hasn't developed yet. Could it be that those early 'feelings' are simply our bodies slowly inching us toward puberty? That's my "expert" psychological quess, anyway. lol I also remember being really fascinated by a pretty woman's legs in nylons at around the same age so...

That doesn't really explain why it was quicksand that caught my attention so thoroughly - maybe it has something to do with engulfing/surrounding an attractive female in an embrace, like in a sexual encounter (again, obviously not yet truly sexual at that age) combined with the emotionally and physically stirring effect that the 'damsel in distress' scenario causes in so many of us. The little noises and such. Which also are pretty similar sounding to someone in the grip of passion.

All those things could be tickling our little pre-pubescent hormones? Of course, I could just be full of shit too... idk. :lol:
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:25 am

I was about 14 years old saw the quicksand scene from Guns of Darkness and was instantly hooked and knew I have a sexual fetish for it.

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Sorry Herzeleid,

But I can't explain the psychology behind my quicksand fetish any more than you can yours. But we seem similar. As well as liking to see women struggling in quicksand I also find myself feeling 'cheated' if they don't get sucked under. One thing kinda requires (or demands?) the other.

I can however, be very specific about when and how it all started for me. Two closely-spaced incidents occurred when I was 11.

The first one was on a school bus, when one of my classmates began dividing up a girlie magazine among his friends. I was lucky enough to be sitting next to one of them and we both looked intently at an image of a naked blonde girl with a Twiggy-style haircut standing against a wall. She was facing the wall and looking alluringly over her shoulder at the camera, pushing her ample bum outwards in an inviting pose. John spoke up first. "Hey, is your cock getting all stiff?" I replied that it was and I could tell that we were both surprised by what our bodies were doing. The experience was enjoyable, but also confusing.

The second incident was a few weeks later, when I watched, 'Valley of Mystery' on tv and saw Lois Nettleton struggling in jungle quicksand. Those few seconds on screen that showed her sinking past her chest and up to her neck caused me to have an even stronger erection than the one on the bus.

Perhaps these two things sent me down the path of quicksand fetishism, Herzeleid? Perhaps since then I've come to associate sexual arousal with a specific kind of danger - that of women sinking into mud or quicksand? I don't know for sure.

All I know is that my appetite for this combination of peril and sex increased during my teenage years and has never left me. Detective magazines showing bound women in danger were an early target of my interest. Any instances of quicksand peril I could find in comics were of interest too. I also used to draw crude pictures of bound and gagged women sinking into quicksand, writing detailed background stories to fuel my fantasies. When I think about it, I suppose very little has changed. Nowadays I do pretty much the same thing, except that I use computer graphics to satisfy my desires.

But, as I said before, quite what the psychological explanation of this is, I have no idea.

Thanks,

Redjak.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:55 pm

redjak6t4 wrote:Sorry Herzeleid,

But I can't explain the psychology behind my quicksand fetish any more than you can yours. But we seem similar. As well as liking to see women struggling in quicksand I also find myself feeling 'cheated' if they don't get sucked under. One thing kinda requires (or demands?) the other.

I can however, be very specific about when and how it all started for me. Two closely-spaced incidents occurred when I was 11.

The first one was on a school bus, when one of my classmates began dividing up a girlie magazine among his friends. I was lucky enough to be sitting next to one of them and we both looked intently at an image of a naked blonde girl with a Twiggy-style haircut standing against a wall. She was facing the wall and looking alluringly over her shoulder at the camera, pushing her ample bum outwards in an inviting pose. John spoke up first. "Hey, is your cock getting all stiff?" I replied that it was and I could tell that we were both surprised by what our bodies were doing. The experience was enjoyable, but also confusing.

The second incident was a few weeks later, when I watched, 'Valley of Mystery' on tv and saw Lois Nettleton struggling in jungle quicksand. Those few seconds on screen that showed her sinking past her chest and up to her neck caused me to have an even stronger erection than the one on the bus.

Perhaps these two things sent me down the path of quicksand fetishism, Herzeleid? Perhaps since then I've come to associate sexual arousal with a specific kind of danger - that of women sinking into mud or quicksand? I don't know for sure.

All I know is that my appetite for this combination of peril and sex increased during my teenage years and has never left me. Detective magazines showing bound women in danger were an early target of my interest. Any instances of quicksand peril I could find in comics were of interest too. I also used to draw crude pictures of bound and gagged women sinking into quicksand, writing detailed background stories to fuel my fantasies. When I think about it, I suppose very little has changed. Nowadays I do pretty much the same thing, except that I use computer graphics to satisfy my desires.

But, as I said before, quite what the psychological explanation of this is, I have no idea.

Thanks,

Redjak.

You have done a fair job of describing what the psychologists call Pavlovian association. You even used the word "association."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:38 pm

Another interesting question to ask is given the opportunity, would you rather watch someone sink, or sink yourself? I definitely enjoy the fruit of our producers labors, but given the choice I'd take actually sinking every time. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:50 pm

I feel it has to do with the overall thrill of the situation

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:36 pm

Fred588 wrote:
You have done a fair job of describing what the psychologists call Pavlovian association. You even used the word "association."

Hey Fred,

Perhaps I was overthinking the matter or maybe I was too close to the problem to see the bigger picture. Anyway, on the back of what you said, I went here.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/classi ... oning.html

Applying what's described, it would seem that when I was young my UCS (unconditioned stimulus) was the nude girl and my UCR (unconditioned response) was the resulting erection. So far, so good. But then seeing Lois Nettleton made me attach the NS (neutral stimulus) of quicksand to my UCS and from then on I associated sexual arousal with quicksand. That seems to fit. Quicksand on it's own is neutral and has no sexual or erotic significance, but thanks to those two events, I've associated it with sex. Thank you for the insight.

The next question that pops into my mind is this. Given that this seems to be how I became a quicksand fetishist, does the same process apply to other people, here in this forum? If they could recall and identify the similar events from their sexually formative years, then perhaps so.

Anyone else?

Redjak.

Return to “General Discussion”